Safety: Vape Vs Smoke

Dajamster

Ok, we've all accepted the fact that we are willing guinea pigs as far as the vape ingredients. I'm comfortable in my belief that it's certainly better than all the known killers in tobacco. And there's little question on the lack of second hand smoke.

What I'm talking about is physical danger. Anyone out there have stats on house fires caused by cigs? Forrest fires? Or how about accidents caused when the wind whips through the open car window & blows hot coals onto someone's lap? (I very narrowly avoided this one) The point being that it would take a Seriously defective unit to cause any of these mishaps.

Anyone ever notice little sparks coming off of analogs? I was told once that cig companies intentionally put gun powder in the paper, so the cigs would continue to burn even when not being smoked, thus increasing the # of cigs sold. Funny, after all the years of cig related fires, (and cig manufacturers doing Nothing) we suddenly have the 'safety cigarettes' that will go out if not puffed on. Just when e-cigs are breaking the mainstream barrier.

I think they're starting to worry... BooYah!! :punk:

it wasn't gun powder, but there WAS a chemical that made then keep burning even when not being actively smoked (though i am too lazy to look up the name of the chemical...). this is exactly why european smokes would go out (or some USA roll your own type tobaccos). and, yes, it was so they kept burning when you set them down and wast it so you have to buy more. that chemical was JUST banned like a month or two ago so now USA analogs will go out if unattended for too long.

Actually recently (within the past year in arizona) they have put some sort of ring in all analoges that stops them from burning at various points throughout the length of the cigarette. I think this has some reduction in the amount of fires, but i would imagine it is still infinately more likely to start a fire than an ecig.

I think Ecigs are safer as a rule, but i bet there will be a couple of guilty smiles when i say "DONT DRIP AND DRIVE" 8-)

it wasn't gun powder, but there WAS a chemical that made then keep burning even when not being actively smoked (though i am too lazy to look up the name of the chemical...). this is exactly why european smokes would go out (or some USA roll your own type tobaccos). and, yes, it was so they kept burning when you set them down and wast it so you have to buy more. that chemical was JUST banned like a month or two ago so now USA analogs will go out if unattended for too long.

Salt peter (spl lol) I think

How about this wonderful new stuff they have added to analogs. Here's a qoute from Public Health Statement for Vinyl Acetate:

"Studies with animals also suggest that breathing vinyl acetate may affect the immune system and nervous system. The extent and way in which vinyl acetate affects these systems is not well understood.

There is no evidence that vinyl acetate causes cancer in humans. Vinyl acetate caused tumors in the noses of rats that breathed 600 ppm for 2 years. The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has determined that vinyl acetate is possibly carcinogenic to humans (Group 2B)."

Thanks, FDA! I know you really have our back!

No longer putting new burn holes in the seats of my Jeep, couch, carpet, counter tops, clothes....

Never actually caught anything on fire....some nice burn holes in things however(with cigs not e-cigs).

No longer putting new burn holes in the seats of my Jeep, couch, carpet, counter tops, clothes....

Never actually caught anything on fire....some nice burn holes in things however(with cigs not e-cigs).

And don't forget to add "clothes" to that list ! I don't know how many jackets and shirts I've had get those little pesky ash holes when I was smoking and the wind took effect! Thank goodness I found vaping.

Nevermind.. I just learned how to read. I see you DID have clothes on your list.

Edited by DAYVAPE

i once had a pack of matches ignite in the pocket oh my jeans which was almost as alarming as the hole in the arm of my new sofa which was almost as.... can i add all these 'accidents' to my savings of switching to vaping? LOL

I thew a butt out the window once and several seconds later felt a burning on my chest. At that time I was a "suit" so I was wearing a nice shirt & tie. I'll be darned if that butt didn't somehow blow back in and went in my pocket!!! Burned me pretty good by the time I got my pack of smokes and lighter out and dug it out.