510 Atty Questions

Brian

First question - Indyvaporshop has a 5 pack of Bauway atty's for $34.75. Has anyone tried these?

I mentioned in another thread that the Janty 510 atty that came with my Spade made it's way back into rotation the other day and I've got to say this is the best of all the atty's that I currently have in use. I've got two of the original attys' that came with my start kit and 4 gold band atty's from VT store currently in use. I really think that Janty atty is working better than any of them. Not sure I'd pay the extra $ for them, but may pick up a couple more just to see if it was a fluke. Am I just imagining this?

Also, I've been saying around here that the 510 atty got really hot with the original batteries, but not nearly as hot on my VP2 or Spade. However, since I got the Spade and gold band atty's, I hadn't used the solid black atty's. I started using one of my original atty's (solid black one) the other day on my VP2 and it got quite hot. Went back to a gold band and it's not nearly as hot. So what I'm wondering... does the gold band help with heat dissipation? It sure doesn't seem to get as hot as the solid black atty.

Pretty sure I saw some discussion way back when and pretty much the conclusion was that there wasn't much difference, but thought I'd bring it up again.

First question - Indyvaporshop has a 5 pack of Bauway atty's for $34.75. Has anyone tried these?

I mentioned in another thread that the Janty 510 atty that came with my Spade made it's way back into rotation the other day and I've got to say this is the best of all the atty's that I currently have in use. I've got two of the original attys' that came with my start kit and 4 gold band atty's from VT store currently in use. I really think that Janty atty is working better than any of them. Not sure I'd pay the extra $ for them, but may pick up a couple more just to see if it was a fluke. Am I just imagining this?

Also, I've been saying around here that the 510 atty got really hot with the original batteries, but not nearly as hot on my VP2 or Spade. However, since I got the Spade and gold band atty's, I hadn't used the solid black atty's. I started using one of my original atty's (solid black one) the other day on my VP2 and it got quite hot. Went back to a gold band and it's not nearly as hot. So what I'm wondering... does the gold band help with heat dissipation? It sure doesn't seem to get as hot as the solid black atty.

Pretty sure I saw some discussion way back when and pretty much the conclusion was that there wasn't much difference, but thought I'd bring it up again.

That's an interesting observation/question. I've never used a Bauway atty... only the Joye brand ones.

Im curious to try some different 510 atty's to see how they compare. I do like the ones I have now though.

I will be watching this topic to see all the input.

Unfortunately I don't have a good answer for you. I do know that since I started vaping the atty's have improved, technology is starting to catch up. not sure it's worth that much though. All my 510 atty's have a gold band, and some do get hotter than others.... :iiam:

That's an interesting observation/question. I've never used a Bauway atty... only the Joye brand ones.

Im curious to try some different 510 atty's to see how they compare. I do like the ones I have now though.

I will be watching this topic to see all the input.

Most discussions I've seen say the Joye is best. I think the Janty may be a little better, but not woth the $6 extra you pay for it. The SLB (Sailebao) is a lower quality than Joye. I had not heard of BW (Bauway) until I ran across those mentioned above so was curious.

The reason why you pay the $15.95 is for the 6 month warrenty. I bought 3 of them from Janty when I got my eGo and thank goodness I did. The atty from them that came with the eGo crapped out in the first 5 days of usage. I put one of the others on and been going good ever since. The SLB and BW and Joye's are made differently with or with out the gold band. (except the SLB and BW They are solid black) This is what I had read on another forum anyways. Really, the Janty is a Joye with the logo laser scribed on the gold band. Just like the TW's atty's are.

Hope this helps.

I would say if the truth were known the Janty's and Joyes are the same thing you just pay for the replacement up front.Kind of like insurance ,most atty's with a little care will last six months or more so Janty probably comes out ahead.

The reason why you pay the $15.95 is for the 6 month warrenty. I bought 3 of them from Janty when I got my eGo and thank goodness I did. The atty from them that came with the eGo crapped out in the first 5 days of usage. I put one of the others on and been going good ever since. The SLB and BW and Joye's are made differently with or with out the gold band. (except the SLB and BW They are solid black) This is what I had read on another forum anyways. Really, the Janty is a Joye with the logo laser scribed on the gold band. Just like the TW's atty's are.

Hope this helps.

6 month warranty? Do they back it up? I haven't check the Janty site, I've only seen them at dietsmokes and there's no mention of a warranty. Has anyone had one last that long?

Just saw your reply McQuinn - got ya.

Edited by Brian

I just killed my first 302 atty after over six months with some really tasty liquid.I suspect it had corn syrup in it to make the good taste.When I post mortemed they atty it had a ball of carbon around the element which was still good but the carbon insulated the liquid from getting hot.The element broke when I tried to crush the carbon off of it.I wish I had stayed with my usual Dekang liquid.