Any Suggestions To Keep Vapor Going

arcangel742

Hi All,

I am still brand new to this Vaping and Device. Have been vaping only a four days. I received my first ecig kit Wednesday January 13th 2010. Started on that day, but have been Smoke-Free almost three days now. I have posted before and everyone helped me so much to figure out what type of kit to start with. I was frustrated doing more and more research and never getting to the point of ordering.

OK, my question is, “How do I continue to get enough vapor through my device, (a 510 Joye, Manual Battery), after 4 or 5 hits?” I have cleaned and blew through both the cart and atty. That worked for about another 3-5 hits. I cleaned all parts at night, and let dry on paper towel, just to have the same battle today.

What am I doing wrong, or is this normal?

I do push the manual button, just before I take a vape and slowly draw for about 5 seconds. Each attempt never is the same or has reliable results it seems. I can see why people get a sore throat. If you take a vape for too many seconds, or hold the manual button for too long before trying to get some vapor, it hurts your throat and you may not get any vapor anyhow. Then you try to top the Cart off, it may work another couple of times, and then you’re back again trying to get vapor with your draw. I still think this is a good alternative. But I just kept thinking stop the merry go round, either I am doing something wrong, or there has to be a better way.

I did a little research before posting this and wondered if anyone has ever tried what they call the "Juice Box Mod"? They say it is a Mod, but from what I can see it is the ENTIRE DEVICE and all you really need except for the ejuice and maybe a recharger and couple of batteries.

They have allegedly corrected what they say has been problematic in the Chinese designs and the same problems I am asking about. These vids say and show something to the effect of, “No more replacing atty’s, no more cleaning the atty's or carts, no more having to refill every so many vapes”. It has a system that works until your entire ejuice bottle (10ml) is empty. The system is self cleaning for the atty. Not the prettiest looking device, but I would use it at home and save on all the items a normal device may require me to replace or waste and hopefully make vaping more simple and reliable. Note, the device is so new, they say the atty has lasted at least the 6 months so far, and still going.

I do not sell these, I am a newbie. I would like to know if anyone has tried one of these to know if the really work well? I would like to know if the question I have listed above is normal, or if this item may solve these so called short falls of the normal designs? :withstupid:

http://www.avejuice.com/tech/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=12

Hi There Jeff,

Great to hear form you again. WOW! What a hit! It worked. Won't this ruin something? LOL! :thumbsup:

Hey arcangel742, try a little experiment for me. Take out the cart filler and put 3 drops of juice on your atty. Let me know how your vapor production is after that.

Ok so obviously your having problems with getting the juice from the filler to the atty. You can do one of two things:

1.) look into doing a PTB mod

2.) Start direct dripping

I strictly direct drip now. Yeah you may have to drip after 5-6 hits but it doesn't bother me. I just love that massive vapor hit! Keep playing with it and find a routine that works for you. And remember to just have fun with it. :)

That's just one of the little problems of vaping...how much you have to re-drip or re-fill to keep vaping. I've thought about the juice box because of that, too. There are two people on this forum who ordered a juice box and they said they'd let us know what they think of it when they get it. It will be a few weeks though because the maker has a ton of them to make right now and there's a 5 or 6 week waiting period.

I direct drip also, and no, it won't hurt anything. The manual batteries are sealed so no juice can get into them (unless it runs down the side into the button). That's why we recommend the manual batteries. If you look at the Vaportalk banner at the top of the page you'll see "drip, vape, repeat". That's the motto. :D

I don't know much about the juicebox mod, but have seen a few discussion of it around here. It does seem to cover some of the short falls of ecigs. I think it's been in development for a while and is just now going into production (I could be wrong about that). You can see that there's a 4-6 week waiting list for shipping.

The Juice Box site http://www.avejuice.com/tech/index.php?route=common/home .It takes some time to get your technique down.Make sure you haven't pushed the poly way down into the cart ,it has to contact the atty bridge.

Edited by mcquinn

The CJB, Carlos Juice Box, is not recommended for inexperienced vaporers. It's too easy to flood the atty? It's too easy to get the ejuice into your mouth? It's too easy to burn out the system/atty without an LED light?

Please research and ask questions on all the forums to find the specific reasons.

Good luck!

Hey Brian!

How is it going? Thanks :wave:

All is well here! BTW - the drip, vape, repeat may seem like a lot when you're starting out, but once you get use to it, you don't even really notice anymore. It's just a natural thing, just like reaching for a pack of smokes, or lighting up. It's just something you do without much thought.

Hi Nana,

Please let us know. It sounds like something that would makes things more cost effective and efficient. Will be nice to know. Must be hard on Carlos to make these by hand and time consuming.

That's just one of the little problems of vaping...how much you have to re-drip or re-fill to keep vaping. I've thought about the juice box because of that, too. There are two people on this forum who ordered a juice box and they said they'd let us know what they think of it when they get it. It will be a few weeks though because the maker has a ton of them to make right now and there's a 5 or 6 week waiting period.

Hey JeffB and Brian,

I took a clean empty cart after watching the video from Brians link. Wow, I like the direct dripping so much better! This time, no drops on my lips or mouth, Good vapor and better taste. Thanks. Much better and much easier than always messing with drops and filter material.:icecream:

I direct drip also, and no, it won't hurt anything. The manual batteries are sealed so no juice can get into them (unless it runs down the side into the button). That's why we recommend the manual batteries. If you look at the Vaportalk banner at the top of the page you'll see "drip, vape, repeat". That's the motto. :D

I don't know much about the juicebox mod, but have seen a few discussion of it around here. It does seem to cover some of the short falls of ecigs. I think it's been in development for a while and is just now going into production (I could be wrong about that). You can see that there's a 4-6 week waiting list for shipping.

Hey JeffB and Brian,

I took a clean empty cart after watching the video from Brians link. Wow, I like the direct dripping so much better! This time, no drops on my lips or mouth, Good vapor and better taste. Thanks. Much better and much easier than always messing with drops and filter material.:icecream:

:thumbsup: One thing to help with getting juiced (getting juice in your mouth) is too keep a paper towel handy. Every so ofter when you remove the cart to drip, wipe all the condensation off of the cart. If you look at the side of the cart where it slides into the atty, you'll see air vents. This is where you're drawing air throuth. Moisture (condensation and juice) will build up in there and occasionally you'll suck it through. Keeping it wiped off really helps. I will also occasionally roll up a piece of tissue or paper towel and stick it into the center of the cart to get any moisture out of there. Every few days I run my carts under hot waster (tap water) just to rinse them out. Be sure to blow it out reall good or let it dry for a while before reusing.

Hi UMA,

Nice to meet you. :wave: I did more of a search on other forums. I did find one review that referenced these claims. Yet the person still says it rocks. Unusual and sketchy review. Maybe they were using one that was defective. I wonder if you are referring to the same, by a "Spikey" from "My Juicebox". I did find more good reviews than this one bad. But still will be looking forward to further reviews as others waiting for their kits may review later, to see if they have these same problems. From what I can see of vid reviews, the newer version 2, does have an LED light, but may not work the same.

The CJB, Carlos Juice Box, is not recommended for inexperienced vaporers. It's too easy to flood the atty? It's too easy to get the ejuice into your mouth? It's too easy to burn out the system/atty without an LED light?

Please research and ask questions on all the forums to find the specific reasons.

Good luck!

http://www.e-smokers-forum.com/help-desk/703-list-e-cig-mods.html and http://www.e-smokers-forum.com/help-desk/693-e-cig-model-identification-guide.html has a lot of neat pix and info on different models of e-ciggs.Not an endorsment of any of them I just am a curiouse kind of person.

Hi UMA,

Nice to meet you. :wave: I did more of a search on other forums. I did find one review that referenced these claims. Yet the person still says it rocks. Unusual and sketchy review. Maybe they were using one that was defective. I wonder if you are referring to the same, by a "Spikey" from "My Juicebox". I did find more good reviews than this one bad. But still will be looking forward to further reviews as others waiting for their kits may review later, to see if they have these same problems. From what I can see of vid reviews, the newer version 2, does have an LED light, but may not work the same.

:wave: Nice to meet you too!!

That's the same here too... more good reviews than bad. I think the LED is to see how much juice is in the bottle? I could be wrong of course. Definitly worth the purchase for someone who's on the go alot. I still agree with the beginner/novice/advanced user friendliness though, and personally will refrain from buying one until I'm more experienced. (hurry up tomorrow!!! :D)

Hi There :wave:,

Tried to go to link and download guide, especially the revised one that had advice for beginners. It wanted me to login to get it. Maybe do that later. Would like to see the pix and models.

:withstupid:

70782.png

http://www.e-smokers...e-cig-mods.html and http://www.e-smokers...tion-guide.html has a lot of neat pix and info on different models of e-ciggs.Not an endorsment of any of them I just am a curiouse kind of person.

Sorry about the link thing I am kinda new to this sorta thing ,it would be worth your while to join that forum as well to access some great minds,and I am there to balance things out.

I am always happy when someone brings up new things. I think we should all do that to find better devices if possible to help save health and costs and share this information. I was worried it would be against rules. I am wondering how long these things have been out in the U.S. Maybe they are still quite new for us, even though I know they have been out in the U.K. for at least 4 years.

Sorry about the link thing I am kinda new to this sorta thing ,it would be worth your while to join that forum as well to access some great minds,and I am there to balance things out.

Just an update and some thoughts.

I happened to have to go to a car repair place where they had been working on my car. I thought it was done and inspected, so I took a cab there. Turned out, it was far from the needed repairs. I brought my ecig with me. As I was discussing it with the Mechanic of how I quit regular smokes, he pointed to his girlfriend sitting off in a corner and said, "she should quit". I showed her my ecig, and she said she had purchased one too, but still needed her regular smokes. She said it had not worked for her. I was stunned.

I tried to encourage her not to give up on the ecig. As I had to go back home without my car and literally still stuck without means to get anywhere, I gave some thought to this girl and why her ecig did not work for her.

The thought occurred to me that even after a week of using my e-cig, I am still learning new things about it. I have throughout my short journey so far asked many questions on this forum, and to many members. I had times I could not get vapor, and it hurt my throat so bad I could not vape much, and the eliquid I purchased was just too strong for me and made me ill. That alone could have caused me to give up on this device.

My biggest mistake in ordering was to add a very high nicotine level eliquid with my first kit. I did not order any others to try because of the cost. I thought because I had been a heavy smoker that was where I should start. Wrong, made me very ill and dizzy.

I had also thought I could save money and cut it down with VG if I needed to. Good thought, except I have not had my car since I received my e-cig product. I had seen that online Wal-Mart had VG, and that was my plan except I could not get there and did not want to order online and have to pay shipping.

I had been trying to quit cold turkey before I ordered my kit. I could not make it past a couple of days and realized my local store was getting just too expensive. So one day I made the decision just to go to the reservation for just a carton of smokes until my kit came.

I had lost my income some months ago, and when it was time to get my car inspected, not only did I not have the funds, but the garage and mechanic I had trusted no longer did inspections. I was in the process of trying to find a new mechanic that I thought maybe reasonable and trustworthy and was just starting to get a little of my income back to get on my feet. But this particular day on the way to the reservation, I had just told my son in the car with me that, "I felt this was the last trip we would probably make to the reservation". I felt confident that when I received my e-cig that we would never have to drive back there again. And I figured the money I would save by the next month from not buying smokes would help me take care of our car situation.

I no sooner said that, and I heard sirens. I was pulled over and ticketed. I have not been able to drive my car since as I am still trying to resolve the problem.

It was the members of this forum that were so kind and helpful, I could not believe how nice everyone was, that helped me not give up during these problems. I did not even have the money to order a lower nicotine eliquid and so a forum member was kind enough to send me some. After receiving and using the lower nicotine eliquid, I no longer felt ill using this device. If it had not been for that member I would have had to give up the e-cig just because of my own biggest mistake. That was buying my kit with the highest nicotine level that made me pretty sick.

I believe now this could be why some people may not succeed with this product, or just give up. I think people need to learn all they can before they order one of these devices, including what to expect, what type maybe best for them to purchase, and join these forums for tips, and help as they go down this path. I also think it would be helpful for people to start with a few different strengths of eliquid and possibly flavors. I am still so new to this, I do not feel qualified to help anyone new with any problems, but I just wanted to post this encounter that left me surprised and made me think so much about this girl or why some people may not succeed even with this device. I felt so bad for her, and wanted to help her not give up.

So while these thoughts are fresh in my mind as someone who has encountered various problems I had to learn and overcome with this device, I wanted to post this. For anyone who may come across any difficulties and may want to just give up on these devices, I hope to encourage them not to. Many of these things can be overcome with the help and tips from many of the wonderful forum members here.

:thumbsup: One thing to help with getting juiced (getting juice in your mouth) is too keep a paper towel handy. Every so ofter when you remove the cart to drip, wipe all the condensation off of the cart. If you look at the side of the cart where it slides into the atty, you'll see air vents. This is where you're drawing air throuth. Moisture (condensation and juice) will build up in there and occasionally you'll suck it through. Keeping it wiped off really helps. I will also occasionally roll up a piece of tissue or paper towel and stick it into the center of the cart to get any moisture out of there. Every few days I run my carts under hot waster (tap water) just to rinse them out. Be sure to blow it out reall good or let it dry for a while before reusing.

Edited by arcangel742

The best People I have met in years. I get so overwhelmed by their willingness to help, it sometimes brings tears to my eyes and I feel almost like crying when I think of how blessed I have been since meeting them. :wave: That really cool forum member was even cooler than one could imagine. They told me to pay it forward! I have been trying to help anyone I know that smokes since. It is a great feeling to try to help someone else, and to try to hopefully save their life. Great advice for us all, to help someone else!

Wow! That was really cool of that forum member to step up and send you some of his juice.

That's what this place is all about.... helping others. Good folks up in here I tell ya ! :thumbsup:

Edited by arcangel742

The best People I have met in years. I get so overwhelmed by their willingness to help, it sometimes brings tears to my eyes and I feel almost like crying when I think of how blessed I have been since meeting them. :wave: That really cool forum member was even cooler than one could imagine. They told me to pay it forward! I have been trying to help anyone I know that smokes since. It is a great feeling to try to help someone else, and to try to hopefully save their life. Great advice for us all, to help someone else!

Well put! I'm sure you're like me... I never knew a place like this existed! Not with people that are actually kind hearted and eager to help you out with any questions. That's a nice thing to know. Good luck and ask us anything you are curious about. :)