Homemade Passthrough

mcquinn

There is not much to the wiring.I used a usb extension cable and hooked the red and black wires to the passthrough.The passthrough is a momentary contact switch and a battery connector and a peice of the battery tubing.I also used an LED from a computer case wired in parralel with the battery connecter.I do not hook PT's that do not have a battery inline to my computer so I have a 5 volt 1 amp wall wart power supply that I hooked the other half of the usb extension cable to.I suppose you could use any voltage of wall wart as long as the amperage is at least 1 amp or more.I don't know if this will work but here is a link to another post on the subject http://www.e-smokers-forum.com/battery-mods/68-homemade-usb-passthrough.html

Edited by mcquinn

darn 1amp huh... this is possibly going to be hard for me to do.150mah 5v is all I have right now.

looks nice. Im just going to make mine look like a the battery I believe & then take and use wall adapter. have a 6ft usb cable that will work fine.

just lacking the switch right now.

I get called that at work because I don't push around a six hundred pound tool cart everywhere I go.I fix most things I work on with a pocket screwdriver or a Leatherman.But most of my stuff is computer controlled ,I can see what the thermostats are set on from home in my jammies.

You know mcquinn, thats actually pretty cool looking! I kove it. :thumbsup:

I second that! The coiled wire sings for me.

Would something like this work on my JantyeGo or do I have to match mah's and volts and all that techie stuff?

Actually the coiled cord kinda sucks.The PT is so light the cord drags it off the table if I am not careful how I set it down.They all have two wires going to them ,so I suppose you could splice any kind or length of wire you want to in there.

Coil is nice idea. But mostly for auto..

For home I prefer use my 10' USB Cable or 6' for making mine as soon as I do it.

And Currently going thru some stuff to look for a new battery design for personal or else just use as a Passthru.

Thinks everyone would like it Possibly if I could make it look decent. just figuring how to add a Switch is my issue.

MadVapes has switches and other thinngs for mods ,you could get a 6 volt gel acid battery like the ones in those kiddie cars and vape 6 volts Radio shack has switches and battery boxes.I look around at Goodwill for usb cables and things like the charger I used .A curling iron or who knows what might catch my eye.I never throw away any old dead batteries or atty's as they are a source for connecters and the tubes to mount them in.When I first started vaping I was using DSE 801 atty's and ruining switches in batteries like crazy.I took the batteries out and put them wired straight to the battery connecter in a copper pipe contraption and use them with the copper pipe fittting passthrough acting as the switch

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/uploads/1263757492/gallery_1674_31_63521.jpg

Not Bad Mc..

Ya I tore apart the battery. Removed the connector.

Thought about using the tubing until I thought of something better if it will fit.

And if it don't then Pressure fitting it or Something to make it the way I like. Cut the end off thread it Insert battery if possible and go from there.

going to work for around 4-5v for my 401.. it lasted me a year so can't complain.. But finding a useful adapter to make it work my way.

maybe even use the old battery & protection circuit to put inline.but the stock batt is so tiny for my idea. AAA Would be more ideal and possibly AA..

As soon as I find where my housing went that I was thinking of using.

The battery boxes from MadVapes will hold 1,2 or 3 AAA batteries and most have a switch to disable it when not in use.Only a couple of bucks.They have batteries nd chargers as well.There are some tutorials on building box mods but the same would apply for PT construction.

Yes very true.

but my issue is I don't know what the inner diameter or length of what I wish to use yet. Still Searching for it.

It's something I have not seen sofar anyone use. if they have I have not found any pics of it yet.

Put a loop on it Hang it from your keys & detach mmm Nice battery Idea hehe. and should get a few hours run time on it.

I like to root around at the Goodwill ,they have lots of odds and ends electronic stuff like the cell phone chargers I use and they have mice and keyboards you can get usb cables from.

ya usb cables for me is not a issue. I have about 25 useless usb cables around here from old stuff.

The adapter is my issue. Largest mah I come across is 500. Going to do some more double checking tomorrow.