Flavor Questions

This may sound like another stupid question, but are all e-liquids compatible with all types of e-cigs? I was surfing around last night, looking at/for interesting flavors. One site had rose, ginger & clove. I'm very intrigued... But the equipment they were selling was the wimpy cigarette look-alike kind. Does anyone know for sure if liquid made for that kind of e-cig would work with my 801 or the 510s I'm planning on getting in the future?

Another question has to deal with further plans in my 'evil plot' to introduce vaping to my passengers. Given that people who smoke are 'tastebud impaired,' What kind of juice should I get to introduce them to the idea. I was thinking of getting a standard tobacco, a standard menthol, and then have a 3rd variety, like a 'flavor of the week'.

One thing I remember clearly from when I first started using my 801 was that though the flavors were pleasant and satisfied my nic needs, I really couldn't tell the difference between vanilla & coffee. So I'm looking at something that will pretty much sit up & introduce itself... Hopefully several somethings, as I'd like to be able to switch it up from time to time. Keep it fresh & interesting.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Many Thanks!

Jamie

I would think so long as they are made for e-cigs of any kind that they should be ok, so long as they are not oil based. Of course, I am not an expert.... What store is this out of curiosity? I have been looking for clove. BTW, I have been very pleased with the juice I bought from Revolver. They sell their version of the e-cig as well, but the juices I got were quite good. ;)

I have read that using non-Ruyan E-liquids, in Ruyan products, voids the Ruyan warranty. (Yea, right)!

Ruyan went out of business. IMO, because they only intended for people to use their product, long enough to get off real cigs, and they charged way too much.

It is a shame thou, because Ruyan invented them. (Thank you Hon Lik, I am forever indebted to you).

I believe Ruyan was recently bought by Philip Morris. I have no clue what Philip Morris is going to do with them. Hopefully, they will produce an American made, quality attys, that last longer (with soakings), or a non-residual E=juice. Make me do a happy dance. And keep the cost down to what I am used to? [no way]

[[Very negative statement]]

[Don't hold your breath]. It is more likely that Philip Morris want to put e-cigs on the same shelve as the 150mpg carburetors and continue to kill 400K Americans a year.

I really can not see anyone passing a sin-tax on nic without doing the same for caffeine.

Thanks for letting me vent on your forum.

I have read that using non-Ruyan E-liquids, in Ruyan products, voids the Ruyan warranty. (Yea, right)!

Ruyan went out of business. IMO, because they only intended for people to use their product, long enough to get off real cigs, and they charged way too much.

It is a shame thou, because Ruyan invented them. (Thank you Hon Lik, I am forever indebted to you).

I believe Ruyan was recently bought by Philip Morris. I have no clue what Philip Morris is going to do with them. Hopefully, they will produce an American made, quality attys, that last longer (with soakings), or a non-residual E=juice. Make me do a happy dance. And keep the cost down to what I am used to? [no way]

[Don't hold your breath]. It is more likely that Philip Morris want to put e-cigs on the same shelve as the 150mpg carburetors and continue to kill 400K Americans a year.

I really can not see anyone passing a sin-tax on nic without doing the same for caffeine.

Hi Rusty, I just wanted to say this is your forum also. Glad to have you here.

Current management at Phillip Morris are pragmatists. Their income from tobacco has fallen steadily for the past couple of decades and they know they need to find new revenue streams. Thus they have diversified into many different areas. I would hope that if they indeed have invested in an e-cig business they will look to exploit that business in the U.S. Just from a positive publicity viewpoint, it would help to improve their image if they offered a less damaging alternative to the millions they helped to hook on nicotine.

After the 18th check http://www.diyflavorshack.com/default.asp they have some very good flavors and flavoring for DIY and they will mix it stronger for you.

Thanks Bunches!! Looks like I should figure out what I want & order well in advance. Still working out the equipment side of it, so no huge rush. And my tastebuds are slowly waking up. I can now tell a difference between vanilla & coffee, though neither tastes quite like it should just yet. Still way more pleasant than burning stuff though!