Cart Filler Option

jnnfrlsw

Has anyone tried uing cotton quilt batting or polyfill, which is used to fill stuffed animals, to replace the filler in your cartridge. Both look and feel like the regular cart filler. If it would work, it would be cheap-a bag of batting would give you a lifetime supply. Jen

Has anyone tried uing cotton quilt batting or polyfill, which is used to fill stuffed animals, to replace the filler in your cartridge. Both look and feel like the regular cart filler. If it would work, it would be cheap-a bag of batting would give you a lifetime supply. Jen

I bought the "crib" size bag of polyfill batting and it works great. Still working on getting the size just right. Too small and you drain

the cart to fast, too big and it's hard to draw the liquid out.

The crib size was about 42" x 95" or so and WILL probably last close to my lifetime :lol:

Tried the PTB mod and thought it to much work for what it did and tea bags cost way more. IMHO

I have tried both

1. The cotton quilt batting does not wick very well--seems to work initially, but clogs up too fast.

2. the polyfill for me was too stringy--too many stray fibers, but does work.

still prefer the fluval 2 plus--just cut and stuff. holds up longer and wicks really well. closest to what comes in the carts.

I tried the low loft cotton quilt batting tonight and am not overly thrilled. It works but sucks up tons of juic and doesn't provide much vapoer and you have to really draw hard. I will go to the pet store tomorrow to look for the fluval several have recomended. Thanks for the feedback. Jen

I have tried both

1. The cotton quilt batting does not wick very well--seems to work initially, but clogs up too fast.

2. the polyfill for me was too stringy--too many stray fibers, but does work.

still prefer the fluval 2 plus--just cut and stuff. holds up longer and wicks really well. closest to what comes in the carts.

Do you just cut the Fluval into rectangle size too fit your cart, or do you cut angles on it to taper it?, I've read that some people make a V shape, just curious how you do it and how it works,...

Edited by MickiO

I just cut it to the size of the cart. The only caution is to not pack it in too tight. if using the fluval 2 plus--it comes in rectangular sheets. cut to size of cart and then I pull it into 2 pieces, and fill 2 carts. the 2 plus is a bit denser than other types with less stray hairs/fibers to deal with.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753129

I just cut it to the size of the cart. The only caution is to not pack it in too tight. if using the fluval 2 plus--it comes in rectangular sheets. cut to size of cart and then I pull it into 2 pieces, and fill 2 carts. the 2 plus is a bit denser than other types with less stray hairs/fibers to deal with.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753129

EXCELLENT!! Thankyou so much, and that's a good price too, sounds like it'll work great.

More than happy to help. Just noticed you are from colorado--what part?? Just being nosey...

About 10 miles from the Royal Gorge Bridge, the world's highest suspension bridge if you've ever heard of that, lol, in town called Canon City. =)

• 1 year later...

I bought the "crib" size bag of polyfill batting and it is awesome...holds a lot of juice and gives me a lot of vapor in my e-go tornado..

But Tags, I thought you were using the stuff from your pillow that Hank recommended. LOL Hank, check your personal messages.

I have tried the polyfill and did not like it. I have also used the blue stuff. My personal favorite is the fluval from the pet store. I haven't tried the fluval 2 yet. I find that if I pull the fluval a little, roll it up and cut to fit my cart, I get a much better fill and vape.

But Tags, I thought you were using the stuff from your pillow that Hank recommended. LOL Hank, check your personal messages.

I have tried the polyfill and did not like it. I have also used the blue stuff. My personal favorite is the fluval from the pet store. I haven't tried the fluval 2 yet. I find that if I pull the fluval a little, roll it up and cut to fit my cart, I get a much better fill and vape.

I have a big bag of the pillow fluff...that is what it is too..FLUFF. does not stay wet very well. I like the polyfill batting. It is flat stays wet longer.