3 Innovations I'd Like To See

The thoughts started rolling when I read this in the Noobie section:

Well, after having been smoke free for two weeks I had to smoke some analogs due to a two day power outage (snow storm). Yuck! It was very bad tasting so I'm quite thankful that there's no juice that tastes like a real cig. :lol: I smoked Marlboro Lights. Anyhow, I would recommend VT Traditional Tobacco. It's a tobaccoey taste, very good.

I've seen hand-crank units for charging cell phones. I also have a solar powered flashlight/radio that has a crank option for evening/cloudy days. I wonder what the voltage requirement would be to recharge a battery, at least enough to get a few puffs out so as not to go back to tobacco.

Another thing I'd like to see (or please someone tell me if it's out there and I just didn't find it yet) a leak-proof atomizer. I'm talking really leak-proof, taking direct dripping to a whole new level where one can Fill the atomizer and puff away for a long time.

The 3rd thing I thought of was kinda a fix for what I see as a design flaw. Does anyone out there know why e-cigs are designed to draw air through the battery? That hole, whether guarded by a manual button or not seems to be a weak point in the unit. Would it be possible to design an atomizer where the air is drawn through it, and have the connection to the battery only for power? I'd think that it could still be designed to have an LED light up when in use. I kinda like that feature.

Any techie type people out there want to give these ideas a whirl?

I believe manual batteries and most MODS are completely sealed. Don't think you're drawing air through the battery, but through the air holes in the side of the atty (just above the threads).

As for filling an atty, at this point, if an atty has too much juice on it, it can't heat and creat vapor. I think that would be a biggier problem to solve.

I tried a little experiment:

I separated the battery from the atty. Put the battery to my mouth and sucked. Air came through the battery & it lit up like it does in normal usage.

Then I took the atty. and put my thumb on the battery end to block any air that would come through that side. Could not get a breath through it that way.

Can't see an airhole on the battery, but it has to go in somehow, because the air definitely flows through it. It's an automatic. But I kinda think it's similar on the manual, with the only difference being the button that keeps the air from going through and also keeps liquid from dripping into the battery & messing it up. Will try a similar experiment when my new manual batteries arrive.

But yeah, I can see how the current design would have to be changed in order to make #2 a reality. I'm just hoping someone out there can figure it out.

Edited by Dajamster

I'm using a 510, and if I cover the bottom I can suck or blow air through. It has two air holes above the threads. I guess on an 801/302 type atty you can't see how it's vented.

As for #2 - whoever figures that out will make MILLIONS!!!! :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of the 510 where you can see the holes.

post-1693-126353766155_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brian

I'm using a 510, and if I cover the bottom I can suck or blow air through. It has two air holes above the threads. I guess on an 801/302 type atty you can't see how it's vented.

As for #2 - whoever figures that out will make MILLIONS!!!! :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of the 510 where you can see the holes.

Ahah! So they are out there, just not in the 801s. Figures...

As for #2, I had an interesting idea percolate up from my subconscious on that one. As soon as I have time, I'll try to draw it up, scan it & post it here. BTW, folks, I don't know what the rules are on ideas, but if someone can put these ideas to reality, they can keep the profits. I'd just like to see them happen. Though I surely wouldn't mind a 'test unit' or several if it works out.

I tried a little experiment:

I separated the battery from the atty. Put the battery to my mouth and sucked. Air came through the battery & it lit up like it does in normal usage.

Then I took the atty. and put my thumb on the battery end to block any air that would come through that side. Could not get a breath through it that way.

Can't see an airhole on the battery, but it has to go in somehow, because the air definitely flows through it. It's an automatic. But I kinda think it's similar on the manual, with the only difference being the button that keeps the air from going through and also keeps liquid from dripping into the battery & messing it up. Will try a similar experiment when my new manual batteries arrive.

But yeah, I can see how the current design would have to be changed in order to make #2 a reality. I'm just hoping someone out there can figure it out.

With the automatics, there is air flow that activates the battery to charge the atty. But I think the air hole on most is in the atty itself. Having said that, there is the possibility of juice getting into the battery through the "switch" in the battery that is triggered with the flow of air. That is why dripping can be an issue with the automatics.

I received an dGo yesterday. One thing I noticed is that the atty never floods, and there is no juice leaks....ever. I wonder if this is because the sleeve that comes with the eGo. I am not techy enough to figure it out.

The element would not get hot enough to make vapor if you were to just submerge it in liquid.If you had a big enough element to vaporize a puddle of liquid you would have to have a battery on a hand truck.

And another thing I would like to see become a "standard"... is the PTB Carts. Since just getting my 510 yesterday I did the "rolled, folded, and frayed" teabag mod. I cannot believe how much better it vapes!! So why don't the suppliers just make those available to us??

Edited by DAYVAPE

And another thing I would like to see become a "standard"... is the PTB Carts. Since just getting my 510 yesterday I did the "rolled, folded, and frayed" teabag mod. I cannot believe how much better it vapes!! So why don't the suppliers just make those available to us??

I've heard that this (or something similar) is soon to be on the market. I'm sure we'll hear all about it when it happens.

The thoughts started rolling when I read this in the Noobie section:

I've seen hand-crank units for charging cell phones. I also have a solar powered flashlight/radio that has a crank option for evening/cloudy days. I wonder what the voltage requirement would be to recharge a battery, at least enough to get a few puffs out so as not to go back to tobacco.

Another thing I'd like to see (or please someone tell me if it's out there and I just didn't find it yet) a leak-proof atomizer. I'm talking really leak-proof, taking direct dripping to a whole new level where one can Fill the atomizer and puff away for a long time.

The 3rd thing I thought of was kinda a fix for what I see as a design flaw. Does anyone out there know why e-cigs are designed to draw air through the battery? That hole, whether guarded by a manual button or not seems to be a weak point in the unit. Would it be possible to design an atomizer where the air is drawn through it, and have the connection to the battery only for power? I'd think that it could still be designed to have an LED light up when in use. I kinda like that feature.

Any techie type people out there want to give these ideas a whirl?

haha, I was toying with a NOAA radio type ecig mod in my mind the other day. Great idea for emergencys, camping trips, and so forth.

editing to include sugar cell link: Here's another idea. http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/23/sonys-achieves-worlds-highest-output-from-sugar-battery/

Edited by Uma