It Is Just Me!

I am so flabbergasted with tech support I really don't know where to start. I have made two, hour long calls to TMobile to find out that it is my Internet provider that is slowing things up and after three calls to mostly dumba sses at Suddenlink, I find that the call centers are as limited in bandwidth as I am. If one more person asks me to reset my network, my story will end up on CSI or Criminal Minds.

Good to have you back!

Yea tech support is such a joke. "Turn of your router for ten seconds, turn around, touch your *** plug it back in. Make sure the cable is hooked up bla bla bla"

The only tech support I've ever had luck with is the people that I host the Vapor Talk servers on. I've asked them why my myh Ajax Script is loading on the back end and I'll they'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Almost turns me on :lol:

Hey SmokingMan, glad to hear you again even if you are P-Oed! With good reason, too. I wonder if your provider is throttling users because of high bandwidth use? You been downloading a bunch of movies? :) Just kidding! Sorry to hear you're having trouble; there's hardly anything more frustrating.

I am not allowed to call Comcast anymore. unsure.gif

I hear you! thumbsup.gif

I like it when I call Verizon and push a few numbers one of which is for having trouble connecting to the internet,and that sweet voice comes on and tells me most problems can be solved with trouble shooting tips at Verizon.com.

Good to have you back!

Yea tech support is such a joke. "Turn of your router for ten seconds, turn around, touch your *** plug it back in. Make sure the cable is hooked up bla bla bla"

The only tech support I've ever had luck with is the people that I host the Vapor Talk servers on. I've asked them why my myh Ajax Script is loading on the back end and I'll they'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Almost turns me on :lol:

Can I have their number?

Edited by TheSmokingMan

Oh, crap. I was fit to be tied last night by the time I went to bed. By the time I got someone to really help me on the phone with Suddenlink, I was sloshed. I had made all of these calls and gotten the runaround and I kept pouring wine into that glass and well, needless to say, I staggered to bed. I'm sure the guy thought I was a lush. I did discover a website that helps out a lot when trying to get around these voice activated/navigated menu systems that companies use now the web site is http://gethuman.com/ and it list telephone numbers of companies that are actually answered by real people and not a computerized menu system.

I guess what started all of these computer and network problems was a little Christmas gift that I received, it's a WD TV LIVE. It's a real neat little box that you plug into your TV via an HDMI, Component or A/V cables and connect it to your network either via a wireless adapter or an Ethernet cable and it takes every photo, music file or video file that you have on your network and lets you view it on your TV. It also lets you log into YouTube and watch videos on the TV and it comes with connectivity to 365 Live and Pandora Internet Radio. It doesn't do NetFlix however, but I understand that there is a way to push NetFlix through your network to this device, i haven't delved into that yet. I bought a Linksys Wireless N USB Network Adapter for the is unit and it worked fine for a few days and then I guess things just got overloaded with network traffic. I have come to the realization that I will have to upgrade my linksys Wireless G routers to Wireless N if I am to continue with the setup that I have, or I'm going to have to run a bunch of Ethernet cables thru out the house.

Since I have added that little number to the network, our cell phones don't work on the network anymore. Our cell phones will automatically log into the network and make VOIP calls when we are at home because of the reduced cell signal in the house since I added the radiant barrier roof. Today I got my wife's phone working on the network as it should but now mine is giving me an error message that indicates I'm using the wrong password on the WEP enabled router, it's the same password as always?

In other news, we have found out that our old dog has heart worms and he is going to start treatments in a few weeks, we are keeping him calm and quiet in the spare bedroom until the steroids and antibiotics get him to a point where he is strong enough to take the arsenic treatments.

I have had a few jobs kick off and I've got my guys working again and the old company that I used to work for years ago shut down and the owners daughter has come on board with my company in as a sales person. Funny thing is that I knew her before I met my wife and we dated a few times and my wife knows this. When I told my wife I was hiring her, it was evident she was jealous. She starts next week, I bet my wife will take a more active roll in the business from now on.....he he he!! I'm so mean! That is one way to get her off her a ss and back into the office!

Edited by TheSmokingMan