Need Instructions

nana

Holy Sh*t! It actually sparked? I have never seen that happen myself Nana. You are correct however, they recommend removing the atty before disconnecting or reconnecting the power supply. As to melting carts... I really just direct drip on my VP-PT, but today I'll toss a cart on it and see if I can replicate your issue. Might wanna' ask Chris or Jeso this question, seems like it could be serious.

It did, but I edited my post because I decided I didn't want to say anything. I guess you saw it before I edited.

But, the cart melting...I direct drip, too. With an empty cart. The white part starts melting first, then even the black part. I'm taking my cart off after taking about 3 drags, but the white part is starting to melt on this last one.

I haven't had anything melting with 801s - is that what you're having trouble with? I direct drip sometimes with an empty cart too, but also have tried cutting off the white part. The recent 801s I got from Arno have a soft tip, which is nice, and no white part; they're not carts, just a tip.

Now I'm really curious about the sparking part! :)

It did, but I edited my post because I decided I didn't want to say anything. I guess you saw it before I edited.

But, the cart melting...I direct drip, too. With an empty cart. The white part starts melting first, then even the black part. I'm taking my cart off after taking about 3 drags, but the white part is starting to melt on this last one.

I just pop the tips off of the white part of the cart. Where did you get your carts from?

Hey Nana, something just got me thinking about your problem. In my head if it sparked when you attached the atomizer you either had the button pushed in and were supplying power to the atty when you attached it, or your PT may be stuck in the on position, causing it to melt your carts. Seriously, contact Chris on this one. I'm just guessing here, but it sounds to me like you may have a bad unit.

I really just direct drip without the filler. The low-bridge 801 Attys that I got from Parked have just the tips as well. I usually use the 510 with the brass T-tip so nothing is melting (that I know of.) BTW 510 with brass T-tip on the PT looks bad ***. IF the LED was AMBER, it would look so retro...

As for the sparking issue, I noticed my VP-PT had a little spark at one point when screwing the atty on after plugging in. Nothing powerful enough to leave a black mark on my shirt but it may not have been close enough to leave a mark. What I noticed about the spark was, it may have been static electricity. It is defiantly winter where I am. The air is dryer so it really could have been a little static.

Thats my experience. I hope yours gets better. It always sucks when you hype something up in your mind only to be let down by its little quirks.

I haven't had anything melting with 801s - is that what you're having trouble with? I direct drip sometimes with an empty cart too, but also have tried cutting off the white part. The recent 801s I got from Arno have a soft tip, which is nice, and no white part; they're not carts, just a tip.

Now I'm really curious about the sparking part! :)

The white part on my slips out of the black part, but that leaves it completely open - where you can see light thru the tip. I'm using it that way now. Mine are soft tips, too, and I really like that part.

I just pop the tips off of the white part of the cart. Where did you get your carts from?

I did take the white part of for now. I'm getting more air this way, but it doesn't seem to melting. Honestly, I've had the carts for awhile, but they have to be from Arno cause that's where I got my 801 kit and they had to come with that.

Hey Nana, something just got me thinking about your problem. In my head if it sparked when you attached the atomizer you either had the button pushed in and were supplying power to the atty when you attached it, or your PT may be stuck in the on position, causing it to melt your carts. Seriously, contact Chris on this one. I'm just guessing here, but it sounds to me like you may have a bad unit.

I don't think I have a bad unit. I was afraid it would sound like that and that's why I quickly edited my post. I don't think I had the button pushed in - I'm being very careful with that. I don't think it's been stuck in the on position. I've been holding the atty to make sure it doesn't heat up too much and to make sure it cools down.

I had 2 drops of juice, take 3 to 4 drags, and take my cart off. It was even starting to melt that way. So being stuck on wouldn't have anything to do with it. I don't think.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. But if you really had a spark big enough to burn your clothing when you attached your atty that is something you need to look into further. Sounds extremely unsafe to me Nana.

I really just direct drip without the filler. The low-bridge 801 Attys that I got from Parked have just the tips as well. I usually use the 510 with the brass T-tip so nothing is melting (that I know of.) BTW 510 with brass T-tip on the PT looks bad ***. IF the LED was AMBER, it would look so retro...

As for the sparking issue, I noticed my VP-PT had a little spark at one point when screwing the atty on after plugging in. Nothing powerful enough to leave a black mark on my shirt but it may not have been close enough to leave a mark. What I noticed about the spark was, it may have been static electricity. It is defiantly winter where I am. The air is dryer so it really could have been a little static.

Thats my experience. I hope yours gets better. It always sucks when you hype something up in your mind only to be let down by its little quirks.

I do drip, without filler. I just took the filler out of the carts I had. These would have been from the old 801 kit I got, and not the low bridge 801's I got later. They came with just the black, soft tip. I threw those out because they didn't have the white part and I thought I had to have that part to use the attys. Now I know I don't cause I'm using one without the white part.

Yeah, it's winter here, too. But this was not a static spark.

I'm feeling really stupid all the way around right now. I wrote out a post and then decided to just delete it instead of posting. I hit add reply instead. So I quickly edited it, but it seems as though some people are faster readers than I am at editing. So, here's what happened:

This morning, I plugged my VP/PT in. Then when I went to attach the atty, just when the two metal parts touched, I got a very loud POP sound, saw a red flash, and felt something hit my belly. I quickly unplugged the PT. When I looked at my shirt, it had a black burned spot on it. Not burned through as in a hole, but like a soot mark. Really scared the crap out of me. I hesitated for awhile, but decided to try again and it's working fine now. I figured I did something stupid and didn't really want to admit it. But because of what I've reading, I do take the atty off everytime I'm away from the unit. I do not leave it plugged in if I'm not right beside it. And I thought I was supposed to plug the unit in first, then attach atty. Am I doing that backwards? This is the way I've been doing since I got the unit last week and haven't had any problems at all.

I'm feeling really stupid all the way around right now. I wrote out a post and then decided to just delete it instead of posting. I hit add reply instead. So I quickly edited it, but it seems as though some people are faster readers than I am at editing. So, here's what happened:

This morning, I plugged my VP/PT in. Then when I went to attach the atty, just when the two metal parts touched, I got a very loud POP sound, saw a red flash, and felt something hit my belly. I quickly unplugged the PT. When I looked at my shirt, it had a black burned spot on it. Not burned through as in a hole, but like a soot mark. Really scared the crap out of me. I hesitated for awhile, but decided to try again and it's working fine now. I figured I did something stupid and didn't really want to admit it. But because of what I've reading, I do take the atty off everytime I'm away from the unit. I do not leave it plugged in if I'm not right beside it. And I thought I was supposed to plug the unit in first, then attach atty. Am I doing that backwards? This is the way I've been doing since I got the unit last week and haven't had any problems at all.

No need to feel stupid Nana. I'm merely suggesting that what you described seems way out of the normal in my experience using the VP-PT. So much so that I would personally be worried about the safety of the device. I've never had any kind of spark when connected or disconnecting my attys. While 5V @ 2A is not really a life threatening amount of electrical current (unless you have a heart condition) it's still something you need to investigate further.

Well I've never heard of anyone sparking anything on the PT. If that is the case then you should create a ticket and we'll take a look further into the issue.

As for the melting cart issue, your the first I've heard of having this issue on the PT but not 510's in general. In fact it's pretty normal. The carts are not designed to last that long. Rather than going into a long drawn out post I do have a sultion for you.

That is the T Tip brass mouth piece. I just got one of these little suckers in and it's a direct drippers dream come true. Not only does the cart never need to be removed (you drip right through the top) but it's made from brass so there will never be a melting issue.

They can be found here: http://www.supertmanufacturing.com/id47.html

That should help :)

I have melted carts on 510's and 302's at 5 volts,it also kinda melts the poly after a while a crust forms and the liquid just sits on top.I am not a big fan of 5 volts for that reason and I don't think it does much for the flavor.But that is me a lot of people like it hot.You can just pop the white part off the tip and it is like the tips that come in the atty's.With the 510's and 901's you can whittle the part off where the poly goes to stop the melting for dripping,I use a razor knife the plastic cuts easy.

I have melted carts on 510's and 302's at 5 volts,it also kinda melts the poly after a while a crust forms and the liquid just sits on top.I am not a big fan of 5 volts for that reason and I don't think it does much for the flavor.But that is me a lot of people like it hot.You can just pop the white part off the tip and it is like the tips that come in the atty's.With the 510's and 901's you can whittle the part off where the poly goes to stop the melting for dripping,I use a razor knife the plastic cuts easy.

Thank so much, McQuinn. I'm glad I'm not the only who ever melted a cart.

I am not using any poly, only direct dripping, so that isn't a problem. I can't taste the juice, so I wouldn't know about that one. I have already taken the white part off of the cart I have left and am using it that way.

I have melted 4 carts in 4 days. These were brand new carts - never before been used - so it's not that they were old and worn out.

I have another question. Could this be a bad atty? The reason I'm asking is, in the last hour I have started to get what seems like a "big puff" or "pop" of air? or vapor? coming at me through the mouthpiece while I am taking a drag. I have never had this happen before on anything. I'm thinking it has something to do with the atty. Could it? The atty is less than a week old, I have never used it on anything else except the VP, which I've also only had for less than a week. It's a bit disconcerting to have that pop of air or whatever pop into your mouth when you're not expecting it.

Not sure if you saw my post Nana on the previous page but it's normal for people to burn 510 carts. If you notice the shape of the cart is not circle like most carts. It's shaped like a rectangle. Make sure that lines up with the bridge of the atomizer. I also think the brass carts like I mentioned before will really help :)

Not sure if you saw my post Nana on the previous page but it's normal for people to burn 510 carts. If you notice the shape of the cart is not circle like most carts. It's shaped like a rectangle. Make sure that lines up with the bridge of the atomizer. I also think the brass carts like I mentioned before will really help :)

I did, Chris, and I wasn't ignoring you. I was trying to get everything into one post there and didn't quite make it. I am not using the 510 with the PT. I'm using the I'm 302. They are the ones melting. I realize they won't last forever, but I would think longer than one day.

And I do thank you for the suggestion about the brass cart. I just don't know how comfortable I'd be with metal in my mouth and I wonder what it might do to my teeth. I'll give it some thought though. It sure would be nice to not have to remove the cart to drip.

I have never used a 5 volt unit before and want to be careful with what I do. I want to take care of it and do everything right. I just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong. That's all.

Thanks for all the answers everyone! You all are the best!!!

Honestly, it doesn't feel like the atty is getting that hot. I keep feeling it to make sure and I'm not burning myself. And yes, they are soft tips.

Thank you very much. That's what I needed to know. This is my first 5 volt unit and I didn't know what was normal and what was not and what was just the fault of the...ummm...person...handling the unit.

I switched over from the 302 atty to an 801 LB, but I'm still getting the popping part of the time. It's like pressure building up and releasing. So, it's not a bad atty. Should I be vaping differently because of the higher voltage?

I think this would be a good time to write that Vaping for Dummies book. :dribble: