And Now For The Questions.....

beboe76

Geez, looks like Im taking over this forum :blush: Sorry guys....

OK, 510 is here and charging. Do I really have to wait 8 hrs before I can try this thing out???? Boo! Also, I plugged it in and the light was red, a mere 10 minutes later it is green. I am guessing I ignore the light, and that it doesnt know what it is talking about, right?

Next question, are these batteries like some other electronic devices in that I dont want to charge them unless they are dead? Will it shorten the battery life if I say, put them on the charger each night and leave them until morning? Do I have to take them off after a certain amount of time to extend battery life?

Thats it for the moment. lol! Sure there will be more questions to come :D

OK, 510 is here and charging. Do I really have to wait 8 hrs before I can try this thing out???? Boo! Also, I plugged it in and the light was red, a mere 10 minutes later it is green. I am guessing I ignore the light, and that it doesnt know what it is talking about, right?

Next question, are these batteries like some other electronic devices in that I dont want to charge them unless they are dead? Will it shorten the battery life if I say, put them on the charger each night and leave them until morning? Do I have to take them off after a certain amount of time to extend battery life?

No problem. That's what we're here for.

No, you don't have to wait 8 hours. If the light is green, it's charged.

No, they have no memory, so you won't shorten the life.

We've had a couple of different discussion here about the battery charging. We've got a lot of people here who know their stuff when it comes to batteries. I'm not one of them, but I know what they said.

It's good to see you so involved! You're gonna dig it, no doubt about it. You probably got protected batteries with your unit, so you probably won't be able to drain it completely. One nice thing about Li-ion batts is that you can charge them at any time without damaging them; that is, no memory. So you're good on that count. Same goes for over-charging - you can't. But it's always best not to leave batteries in the charger after they're charged. Even with protected batteries, you don't want to take a chance of fire. No, they won't, but why take a chance? I've left them in overnight many times with no problem, but I don't like to. I just get distracted easily. :)

Bring on all the questions you can think of, we love it. showoff.gif

I love it, lol! I went ahead and gave it a shot, it works!!!!!!!!! I can tell there is a little learning curve here, Im either choking on clouds of vapor, or getting very little, lol! Yay! Now to practice....

Congrats...yes there is a learning curve...but it is very rewarding...

I had to get used to not drawing so hard... and the direct dripping took me some time....Actually I am still learning..

Have fun and post your progress I am so exited for you...

Drip, Vape, Repeat......Enjoy

Battery questions:

When the batteries come, they are 80% charged. When you put it on the charger and it turned green that doesn't mean it's fully charged. It takes about 8 hours the first time. That being said, it is not going to cause any problem at all if you just go ahead and vape on the battery. It just won't last as long as a fully charged one.

I'm assuming you got 2 batteries so go ahead and put the other one on the charger. Let it charge for 8 hours no matter what the light says. After about 8 hours, take the battery off the charger and then put it back on the charger again for 30 minutes. You can also charge your other one tonight when you go to bed and do the 30 minute thing in the morning. Once you do this, you will never have to do it again.

You can't overcharge (in theory) these batteries since there is a circuit built-in to the battery that prevents this from happening. So don't worry too much about leaving them in the charger. They are pretty forgiving.

On the other hand, the batteries have about 500 charges before they start to weaken and die. Just something to keep in mind and buy some new batts when you get a chance.

As for vaping: watch the videos and you'll get an idea of how to do it. I think of it more of a long, drag like sucking on a soda straw rather than a short, deep pull you do with an analog. It's normal to choke and cough the first few times. You lungs aren't use to taking in a liquid vapor so they react by coughing. We've talked about this before and nobody has a real good explanation for why it happens. If I smoke an analog then go vape, I cough. Weird! But rest assured, within a day or so, you'll be a pro!

Im getting the hang of it ;) Been smoking on a prefilled menthol cart. I really like the taste, its a bit cleaner tasting than a regular menthol cig. Wonder why that would be? lol!

I like the taste alot better actually. Since I have a second atty, I removed the one with the menthol cart, and put the new one on. Just used the blank cart and dripped some RY4. Man, I really love this one!!!! Kinda wishing I had ordered a whole bottle of it last night instead of the Rath Banana Creme Pie. Oh well, next time. I still have smokes left, I expected I would want to finish em off, but everytime I get the urge to smoke, I grab my e-cig instead, lol! I actually think I like it MORE than smoking! I really love everything about it, even the way it feels in my hand. One other thing, it's alot smaller in real life than it appears in the videos. It's very similar to a 100 cigarette. It looked rather fat on the screen, lol!

The batteries are 80% charged and you do not have to wait 8 hours. It's a long story but that's something that was added to the manuals a long time ago and never removed. The batteries are Li ion and do not need to be charged for 8 hours. Get vaping girl! :D

(Going to move this to the noobie questions area)

Soooo glad you are liking it

with the 510--slow, gentle draws work best. figuring out the length of the draw that suits you is part of the learning curve. i.e--my draw time is about 5 seconds.

Vaping really is sooooo much better than smoking !!!

Im getting the hang of it ;) Been smoking on a prefilled menthol cart. I really like the taste, its a bit cleaner tasting than a regular menthol cig. Wonder why that would be? lol!

I like the taste alot better actually. Since I have a second atty, I removed the one with the menthol cart, and put the new one on. Just used the blank cart and dripped some RY4. Man, I really love this one!!!! Kinda wishing I had ordered a whole bottle of it last night instead of the Rath Banana Creme Pie. Oh well, next time. I still have smokes left, I expected I would want to finish em off, but everytime I get the urge to smoke, I grab my e-cig instead, lol! I actually think I like it MORE than smoking! I really love everything about it, even the way it feels in my hand. One other thing, it's alot smaller in real life than it appears in the videos. It's very similar to a 100 cigarette. It looked rather fat on the screen, lol!

A tip about flavors and atties.

I like menthol too and found that apple and banana dont hurt to swap around the old flavor doesnt linger too long and cleans out well.Just vape old flavor tell its gettin weak in vapor before switching, blow out etc.

I keep a tobbaco atty and a menthol atty seperate so i dont get them tasting bad!!!

When that atty gets broke in you will see the vapor increase some within 1-2 hours with a 510...I get about 2-5 weeks out of a atty before it wears down.My original 510 batteries work well until the last 10-20% of the charge and they are 4 months old!!!These 510's are pretty tough....

Enjoy yours its a great model!!

If you're anything like me, you're going to do a lot of experimenting with juice until you find something to your liking. I'm even switching up the sources a bit to get an idea of where I can get what I like. I did get an order from Wet Your Stick, and the Cuban Cigar is my favorite so far. Closest thing to analog that I've tried. But I'm finding out that I don't particularly care if it tastes like my old Marlboro Ultra Lights as long as I get a decent throat hit. I can always tell when it's time to add juice when the vapor doesn't give me that little kick.