Saw This And Thought I'd Share With All Of You

AngelCruz

Roaming the web I came across this even though its tagged to a E-cig site and is apart of an add I found it interesting

http://www.e-cig.org/2010/01/04/truth-in-advertising-the-electronic-cigarette/

Angel

Good article Angel.

That's exactly what people should know about vaping. It's an alternative to tobacco, not a cessation tool.

I want to smoke, I like to smoke. I just didn't like what the cigarettes were doing to my lungs. Vaping gives me the satisfaction of smoking with very few side affects.

Good find.

Nice article. I agree with truth in advertising and the statement that vaping is a habit and something to do instead of smoking. Also agree that it is a CHOICE, and to add to that I think it is one that adults should be free to make for themselves accepting the consequences for their actions whether good or bad.

Nice article. I agree with truth in advertising and the statement that vaping is a habit and something to do instead of smoking. Also agree that it is a CHOICE, and to add to that I think it is one that adults should be free to make for themselves accepting the consequences for their actions whether good or bad.

I notice the comment in there I've been saying for a while now. Many people believe it's the tobacco industry lobbying against the e-cig. I've maintained the pharma industry with their products have a lot at stake as well. They control the NRT and mood altering drugs they use to "help" folks quit. I think I have spent more on those failures than the ecig stuff I've gone overboard buying. After all, most health plans won't pay for these drugs but they'll pay to treat the lung cancer?

On a side note, I was going to look around on addiction materials, I know there are different kinds, but the one thing that always scared me about quitting was all the folks I know who went back. There's two addictions, physical (that's toast in 8-12 days) and mental (lasts forever). So I thought the e-cig was a great alternative, I started at 24mg, worked it down to zero after a few months and I thought I was going to have to fight the urge constantly and save the e-cig for high stress moments and drinking. Afgter all, we really don't know the effects of vaping. But after a few weeks, I went from vaping like a fiend to barely at all. Morning vape is gone, after eating gone, very weird, no urge at all. So anyway, I take exception to it being declared soley a replacement vehicle. I've even noticed at parties I rarely take it out until I see my wife using hers. New years eve I went out with only my spade, a regular 510 for my wife, no bottles of juice. My daughter (she's 20) and her friends sucked it dry trying to blow smoke rings. Didn't phase me at all being out. A year ago if I was out of cigarettes I would be freaking beyond description, wife wasn't happy and she's always been just a weekend smoker. So I think it has to do with the type of addict/smoker. Shame no one wants to really get to the bottom of these things, the dollar rules.

Edited by FTJoe

Very good article and food for thought for all users and sellers. Every time I see an add or claim about e-cigs being healthy--I cringe. The FDA would love to have that for ammunition. Since we really don't know the long term results--claiming they are healthy is just wrong. We all know that e-cigs are hands downs better than cigarettes--but it's a bit like saying a McDonalds hamburger is healthy--better than eating a bag of candy certainly, but not really healthy.

Most of us that Vape have seen health improvements, but for most of us it is still trading one for the other.

There are many that have made their way to 0 nic--but thats still not exactly quitting.

For me I would say E-cigs have helped me quit smoking, I am not willing however to give up vaping anytime soon.

There are many that have made their way to 0 nic--but thats still not exactly quitting.

For me I would say E-cigs have helped me quit smoking, I am not willing however to give up vaping anytime soon.

I still wonder what drives the body to pretty much give up the ghost on the mental addiction (at least for me). I would be curious if more people who made it to 0 as I did, relayed their experience about the "need" to continue vaping. I am pretty sure I don't need to smoke or vape again, but I wonder if something truly stressful happened, if I would "have" to vape again in order to not pick up an analogue? When smoking, I would smoke once an hour during the week, and almost chain on the weekend at night when drinking. I think that was stepped up even more when vaping especially as I approached 0 nic. Then after a few weeks, it severely tapered off, I haven't vaped yet today (noon my time), really weird.

That's a great success story. I'm glad to hear your story. It makes me wonder if people tried a similiar routine to yours if they could quit as easy. It's easy for people to make the switch to E-Cigs but I don't think most people want to quit all together.

I notice the comment in there I've been saying for a while now. Many people believe it's the tobacco industry lobbying against the e-cig. I've maintained the pharma industry with their products have a lot at stake as well. They control the NRT and mood altering drugs they use to "help" folks quit. I think I have spent more on those failures than the ecig stuff I've gone overboard buying. After all, most health plans won't pay for these drugs but they'll pay to treat the lung cancer?

On a side note, I was going to look around on addiction materials, I know there are different kinds, but the one thing that always scared me about quitting was all the folks I know who went back. There's two addictions, physical (that's toast in 8-12 days) and mental (lasts forever). So I thought the e-cig was a great alternative, I started at 24mg, worked it down to zero after a few months and I thought I was going to have to fight the urge constantly and save the e-cig for high stress moments and drinking. Afgter all, we really don't know the effects of vaping. But after a few weeks, I went from vaping like a fiend to barely at all. Morning vape is gone, after eating gone, very weird, no urge at all. So anyway, I take exception to it being declared soley a replacement vehicle. I've even noticed at parties I rarely take it out until I see my wife using hers. New years eve I went out with only my spade, a regular 510 for my wife, no bottles of juice. My daughter (she's 20) and her friends sucked it dry trying to blow smoke rings. Didn't phase me at all being out. A year ago if I was out of cigarettes I would be freaking beyond description, wife wasn't happy and she's always been just a weekend smoker. So I think it has to do with the type of addict/smoker. Shame no one wants to really get to the bottom of these things, the dollar rules.

totally agree to your statements its the type of addict and individual (i.e.. some people addict to food drugs or alcohol some are adrenaline junkies..etc. but in all issues it is a choice and one we should completely be allowed to make on our own accord and like you I have noticed I vaped semi- heavy yesterday and yes I was a heavy smoker but I also notice I"m not craving a smoke being antsy or jitty I feel crappy only bc I feel like all the OTHER carc.s' are coming out of my system and nicotine was never the issue and I noticed I could have cared less wether I vaped after breakfast this morning and for the first time I woke up not looking for a smoke in 30 years granted I know its my faithful joye 510 helping but its also all the support from the members of this forum when the road gets rough I can come here and get the smack to the head I need to get me through. and this is my choice and one the FDA a drug company has no right to take part in.

Angel on a soap box

Edited by AngelCruz

totally agree to your statements its the type of addict and individual (i.e.. some people addict to food drugs or alcohol some are adrenaline junkies..etc. but in all issues it is a choice and one we should completely be allowed to make on our own accord and like you I have noticed I vaped semi- heavy yesterday and yes I was a heavy smoker but I also notice I"m not craving a smoke being antsy or jitty I feel crappy only bc I feel like all the OTHER carc.s' are coming out of my system and nicotine was never the issue and I noticed I could have cared less wether I vaped after breakfast this morning and for the first time I woke up not looking for a smoke in 30 years granted I know its my faithful joye 510 helping but its also all the support from the members of this forum when the road gets rough I can come here and get the smack to the head I need to get me through. and this is my choice and one the FDA a drug company has no right to take part in.

Angel on a soap box

I can't believe I find myself defending the fed gov lately, that is so not me...but, in it's purest form, they do do good things. I wouldn't mind if the juice was tested and regulated, products confirmed not having lead, etc. I agree what they are currently doing so smacks of lobbyists and kickbacks it simply reeks. FDA, FTC I don't care who. The fact that they are still almost promoting cigarettes would be a joke if so many people weren't dying from them. But you also can't give up those tax dollars to quickly either!! Very sad.