Noobs Adventure In A Cart Mod

VapOrDie

Well I was refilling a cart today and thought "if I could just attach the entire bottle I'd be set" so I tried lol here's what I did happened....

First I cut about half of my cart off (to expose the back wall of where you drip) then heated up a nail to make a small hole (drill's dead) Then took a wire nut which a small bottle of juice fits perfectly in and burned a hole in that. Then connected the two with a small piece from the end of a Bic pen (which was thoroughly cleaned along with everything else) post-1882-126284077472_thumb.jpg then with the pen gutted, I heated it up and formed it over the bottle/wire nut with the opening between the cart and nut as the mouthpiece.post-1882-126284155554_thumb.jpg Then for lack of anything better taped it all up with electrical tapewhistle.gif. The result?post-1882-126284114216_thumb.jpg Well, it certainly fills the cart up as it should and doesn't leak, it does draw vapor but the pen is just too large and brings in way too much air.... HAHAHA As I was writing this my son brought a Capri Sun to me to open for him and I noticed the small straw, a quick little experiment later and it'll work! works Great actually,If I say so myself lol well looks like I gotta make a few changes to this thing but you get the idea. I'll post a pic of the new design when I can. So all in all it's a bit impractical but who cares, I had an idea and went for it. Your thoughts?

post-1882-126284077472_thumb.jpg

post-1882-126284114216_thumb.jpg

post-1882-126284155554_thumb.jpg

hahahaha! Wow. Great idea, but that thing can definitely get you in trouble if taken out in public. It just doesn't look right. But hey if it works it works. I'd say keep it for home use. Now the question is, how do you know how many drops you've actually got on the atty? I can see some possible flooding happen.

hahahaha! Wow. Great idea, but that thing can definitely get you in trouble if taken out in public. It just doesn't look right. But hey if it works it works. I'd say keep it for home use. Now the question is, how do you know how many drops you've actually got on the atty? I can see some possible flooding happen.

Well the cart still has the fluval crap in it, this is just an easy lazy way to refill. So when it seems to be getting a bit low I can just give the bottle a little squeeze and TADA! A topped off cart lol I wanted to make one for dripping onto the atty but this just seemed simpler and more (although still wierd looking) streamlined. lol for a direct drip I'd have to have the bat and atty facing vertical with the bottle on top. Then Maybe a needle attached to the tip of the bottle that would touch the atty so the drops slide right down onto it. But the mouthpiece would have to be horizontal....Doable, but even stranger looking lol. I'll probably make one just to do it. I'll post that one when it's done.biggrin.gif

LOL--Vaping is taking a whole new turn. Excellent idea. Many months ago on another forum some of us were joking about using the bottle--it was just a matter of time.

Does look like something that could get you arrested--but not a bad plan for home use.

can't wait to see what you do with a capri straw.....

Excellent idea! If you feel like going all Frankenstein with your carts then a mod I would like to see is just the cart being made three times longer to fit more juice.

Ladies and gentlemen I submit for your approval, a new innovation in vaping and a stunning new addition to any 510...I give you to you The Mega Cart!!!!

comparisonus.th.jpgmouthpiece.th.jpg510wsc.th.jpg

That's right! The Mega Cart, This little baby holds a whopping 50 drops!!!! That's right 50, 5-0, FIFTY! And works like a dream when combined with the PTB mod.... Guaranteed not to leak, disappoint or fit in a PCC. LOL Needless to say this thing works way better than I expected and I'm excited about that. I'll be posting a "how to" pretty soon if you're interested. I gotta say this took a bit longer than I thought it would but then again I didn't have instructions. This was just a prototype and now that I know it'll work the final product will look much better (and not have tape lol) So, what do ya think?

Yeah, the color isn't great but I wanted to make sure the piece would work. What better way then to look inside, right? I'm currently on a material hunt throughout the house to make more lol I'll make sure to take a lot of pics and notes throughout the build. It's been working great so far although I have noticed a little bit more gurgling, but since the mouthpiece is so long I haven't got juice in my mouth. It's still going strong since I first filled it although I switched carts today for a diff flavor.... I should've kept track of how many hits I got from it but I guess that's kind of irrelevant.... I'll keep you guys updated.

So how's it been going? I'm sure interested, even though I haven't been using carts for a while. I'm looking at a long drive here in the next few weeks and vaping is certainly a concern.

Anecdote: My brother first got into vaping because he also had a long drive coming up and didn't want to smoke in the car with his family. As it turned out though, vaping with the current tech just didn't cut it and he ended up doing analogs all the way (20+ hours). So something like this or the juicebox seems like it might really have valuable applications.

Please keep us posted as you have time. Thanks for the pics! And the ideas. ;)

So how's it been going? I'm sure interested, even though I haven't been using carts for a while. I'm looking at a long drive here in the next few weeks and vaping is certainly a concern.

Anecdote: My brother first got into vaping because he also had a long drive coming up and didn't want to smoke in the car with his family. As it turned out though, vaping with the current tech just didn't cut it and he ended up doing analogs all the way (20+ hours). So something like this or the juicebox seems like it might really have valuable applications.

Please keep us posted as you have time. Thanks for the pics! And the ideas. ;)

Sorry, I haven't had much time to play around with my ideas (looking for work) But if someone else would like to jump in and lend a hand that'd be awesome. Basically you just need to cut the mouthpiece off of a cart and puncture a hole into the reservoir. Then I used a capri sun straw cut in half, flattened the straw with my teeth and inserted them into each air hole on the sides of the cart. From there I used a clear pen cap with the closed end cut off and slid it over the straws so it's pressed against the cart. (make sure the straws are air tight to the cart, I used a hot glue gun and an exacto knife to cut off the excess) Then glue the pen cap to the cart. for the mouth piece;there should be quite a bit extra straw sticking out just glue in between and around them to make sure everything is air tight. Oh yeah, I couldn't decide if this works better with filler in the extra compartment or not (I used the PTB mod and it seemed to work ok but when it got low on juice it didn't seem to transfer well from the extra unit to the normal reservoir) so that's pretty much it..... Just needs a little tweaking to get it just right. I was also considering finding something smaller than a pen cap that would fit directly into the cart reservoir and have the straws on the outside.X.gif my heads starting to hurt lol It's not that difficult just time consuming. Hopefully I'll get more time to play around soon but who knows. If anyone decides to give her a go let me know how it turns out.

I was just thinking that maybe rolling up the pyramid bag and not folding it might work.... It might be just long enough to go from the extra space to the end of the atty.... I'll be in the garageshiftyninja.gif Just don't tell my wife lolwhistle.gif