More Stupid Stuff.

Oh come Keenan. You gotta jump on this one.

I will restrain myself on this one to a point. But I have to comment on the line about them wanting it done healthier. ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR $#@!^&* MINDS? They want to take our ecigs away because they haven't been proven safe? There might bad things in ecigs? WHAT??? But they want people who do illegal drugs to do it "healthier". WHAT???

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

OK OK nana you are correct. I used to think you were nice. :withstupid:

whose  /huz/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hooz] Show IPA

Use whose in a Sentence

–pronoun 1. (the possessive case of who used as an adjective): Whose umbrella did I take? Whose is this one?

2. (the possessive case of which used as an adjective): a word whose meaning escapes me; an animal whose fur changes color.

3. the one or ones belonging to what person or persons: Whose painting won the third prize?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to stir things up, let me say that I do not believe in prohibition. Now, this is something I couldn't countenance personally and would go out of my way to guide others in any other direction, but I think NY Dept of Health have a decent idea even if it is creepy as hell. As far as I'm concerned, there should be no such thing as "illegal drugs." Period. All that does is keep people who need help from getting help.

I'll also say right now that I am a reformed addict, and I have all kinds of inside experience to back up my beliefs. You guys are fortunate if you don't have that kind of experience, but please try not to make those choices for other people. They have it hard enough already. Believe me.

Dave

OK OK nana you are correct. I used to think you were nice. :withstupid:

whose  /huz/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hooz] Show IPA

Use whose in a Sentence

–pronoun 1. (the possessive case of who used as an adjective): Whose umbrella did I take? Whose is this one?

2. (the possessive case of which used as an adjective): a word whose meaning escapes me; an animal whose fur changes color.

3. the one or ones belonging to what person or persons: Whose painting won the third prize?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so you know, Jeff. I wasn't correcting you. I was asking. I did not even think about the form of who you used or I used. I was actually just being silly. Sorry.

And I am nice.

Just to stir things up, let me say that I do not believe in prohibition. Now, this is something I couldn't countenance personally and would go out of my way to guide others in any other direction, but I think NY Dept of Health have a decent idea even if it is creepy as hell. As far as I'm concerned, there should be no such thing as "illegal drugs." Period. All that does is keep people who need help from getting help.

I'll also say right now that I am a reformed addict, and I have all kinds of inside experience to back up my beliefs. You guys are fortunate if you don't have that kind of experience, but please try not to make those choices for other people. They have it hard enough already. Believe me.

Dave

Dave,

If I in any way, shape, or form, offended you with my post, please accept my sincere apologies. My thought was that they were "helping" people to continue taking drugs - which is not healthy - and yet wanted to take away the one thing that has helped me get healthier by getting me off of analogs. I never meant to insult anyone. And I wouldn't want to deny help to anyone who needs it. I would just rather they got help getting off of the drugs rather than take the drugs. I do respect your opinoin and your experiences. Please know that.

ame='nana' date='06 January 2010 - 07:32 AM' timestamp='1262791974' post='26396']

No apology necessary nana. You're a nice person I can tell. Please don't ever worry about offending me, ( keenan sure doesn't). I got thick skin. LOL

:innocent:

Dave,

If I in any way, shape, or form, offended you with my post, please accept my sincere apologies. My thought was that they were "helping" people to continue taking drugs - which is not healthy - and yet wanted to take away the one thing that has helped me get healthier by getting me off of analogs. I never meant to insult anyone. And I wouldn't want to deny help to anyone who needs it. I would just rather they got help getting off of the drugs rather than take the drugs. I do respect your opinoin and your experiences. Please know that.

Oh my heavens nana, I was concerned about someone taking offense from what I said! I hope it didn't come off that I was spanking anyone in this thread, but I fear it did. I only wanted to try to present an alternate view of what I agree is a really creepy act in publishing that pamphlet. It's creepy because that isn't a part of life that we're familiar with, but for those who are - and we all know how insidious addiction is, I just have a 'special' window on it - I believe it probably does serve a valuable purpose. So if I offended anyone with my remark, please accept my apology, offense was never intended. But I really do believe that prohibition only does harm.

Dave

I downloaded the pdf and took a good look at the booklet. The biggest waste of money was in the design and printing costs, most of the booklets will end up in the garbage. With that said, the booklet and the information contained in it is excellent. FYI, I have no experience with heroin or any drugs that would be injected into the body. In the very front of the book they list contact numbers for those wanting to get help. I really liked where this booklet was going. It was friendly and sometimes the last thing an addict needs is to be afraid of contacting anyone for help. They already have a clean needle program so I don't see how this booklet and the safety kit can be a dumb idea. If this booklet and safety kit helps just one person, that is one life saved which then trickles down to someone else.

Edited by BirdDog

I downloaded the pdf and took a good look at the booklet. The biggest waste of money was in the design and printing costs, most of the booklets will end up in the garbage. With that said, the booklet and the information contained in it is excellent. FYI, I have no experience with heroin or any drugs that would be injected into the body. In the very front of the book they list contact numbers for those wanting to get help. I really liked where this booklet was going. It was friendly and sometimes the last thing an addict needs is to be afraid of contacting anyone for help. They already have a clean needle program so I don't see how this booklet and the safety kit can be a dumb idea. If this booklet and safety kit helps just one person, that is one life saved which then trickles down to someone else.

I read it too, thought they did a good job. I know that any help for addicts, helps more than the addict. I also know a lot of people who would be offended by this. Thanks for getting it.

Well, I have to say that I think it is VERY cool that everyone is willing to speak out and voice differing opinions here. It's realy amazing and certainly has helped me see differing points of view several times on this forum. It really makes a difference when you hear differing view points from "real people" instead of on TV or radio coming form voices with an agenda. Thanks All!