No Vapor

Ok here's the trouble,batt's working fine,atty's working fine.I'm getting tiny amounts of vapor if any!What's going on?!

Vari

Try putting some eliquid right on the atty and also make sure your cart is full

some of the kits come with a fake cart on them just make sure you are full of eliquid the cart should hold anywhere from 8 to 18 drops

does sound like the possiblity of a flooded cart. I use the corner of a papertowel and push into the open end of the atty and then blow, repeat until paper towel comes away clean. reprime with 3 drops of liquid, vape and repeat if necessary.

I already blew out BOTH atty.I've tried everything!The only juice I have is rootbeer and strawberry-banana from my freedom smokes.I got 6 bottles of juice from them originally.The first 4 were great.Is it possible for juice to be bad

Vari

bad juice is always a possibility

A couple months ago I bought a multimeter to test my batteries and atomizers (if I can do this, anybody can--electronically illiterate). It helped me rule out if my atomizers were bad or another problem.

1 was bad and 2 were good--started working again on their own.

This looks closest to the one I got at radioshack

http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Size-Handheld-Digital-Multimeter-DT830B/dp/B00066ZZO4/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_b

Just make sure the Multimeter has a battery (I made that mistake)

.first set your meter to 200 OHM the touch the red probe to the black probe and you should get a reading of 00.0 if you dont and you get something like 00.2 just subtract the # from the reading you will get from the atty. Ok put the RED probe into the small hole on the battery side of the atomizer and the Black probe into the small hole on the SIDE of the atty or on the thread you should get a reading of 2.2 - 2.9 thats a good strong atty if you get anything above 3.2 send it back..lol the lower the # the better

Now the battery is done the same way EXCEPT set the meter 20v in the DCV section RED to the metal (Dent) on the battery or if you have a Mega just put it on the end that connects with the atty and the Black try and put it on the little gold band You will need to have someone hold down the batt switch while testing ..A half charged battery should read 3.6 - 4.2.If you need more help just ask

Not sure if you want to go to all this work or not, but I really found it very helpful.

bad juice is always a possibility

A couple months ago I bought a multimeter to test my batteries and atomizers (if I can do this, anybody can--electronically illiterate). It helped me rule out if my atomizers were bad or another problem.

1 was bad and 2 were good--started working again on their own.

This looks closest to the one I got at radioshack

http://www.amazon.co...d_bxgy_hi_img_b

Just make sure the Multimeter has a battery (I made that mistake)

.first set your meter to 200 OHM the touch the red probe to the black probe and you should get a reading of 00.0 if you dont and you get something like 00.2 just subtract the # from the reading you will get from the atty. Ok put the RED probe into the small hole on the battery side of the atomizer and the Black probe into the small hole on the SIDE of the atty or on the thread you should get a reading of 2.2 - 2.9 thats a good strong atty if you get anything above 3.2 send it back..lol the lower the # the better

Now the battery is done the same way EXCEPT set the meter 20v in the DCV section RED to the metal (Dent) on the battery or if you have a Mega just put it on the end that connects with the atty and the Black try and put it on the little gold band You will need to have someone hold down the batt switch while testing ..A half charged battery should read 3.6 - 4.2.If you need more help just ask

Not sure if you want to go to all this work or not, but I really found it very helpful.

Thank you! I've been wondering how to do that but hadn't bothered to do the research yet. I owe you one. ;)

Glad to pass it on--I got it from another Vaper (who actually knows something about electronics)--however, I can follow directions.

I love testing my batteries and atomizers--becoming another vaping OCD thing.

Couple of things about checking stuff using a VOM. First, a battery can read the proper amount of voltage and still be a gonner. Under load, they can fail. In other words, they can have the proper voltage without providing enough current so a VOM reading across the + and - terminals isn't going to give you the whole story. Second, an atty should read about 3 ohms which is very small. It's doubtful that a VOM can accurately read that small amount of resistance. Plus, the atty coil can be burned out but not open. What that means is it can burn out on one side and fuse to itself causing a short which might read like it's good.

But here's a question I don't know the answer to: do they read higher resistance when they get "cruded up"? I wouldn't think so, but I don't know. It just seems they would have a harder time heating up because of the crud on the coil.

Thank Chris--

I know absolutely nothing about electronics--but I can do what I am told.

For me--it has worked so far, I figure at least it gives me a starting point if its not working right--dead is dead or dying. For an electronically challenged person, I will take all the help I can get.

Hopefully somebody will come along and answer your question--curious now. I have learned more about batteries and voltage and ....than I ever thought I would.

Sounds to me like the atty is loaded up with caked on what ever is left that don't vaporize.Try a new one and if that works try cleaning the old ones.Mine get that way when I use some liquids ,and I can tell when I look inside and hit the button ,if I don't see it glow it is not going to produce much vapor.They will produce some and the atty will get hot but just a little whisp of vapor .

Careful with the volt meter. I accidentally shorted out a batt while activating it. It died. I actually smelled the wires burn off. I would have thought there was some type of short circuit protection. This was on a 901 auto. (Yea, I had to blow into the LED end, while holding the probes). The probe that was supposed to be on the center contact was touching both the center and the outer.

@jmhester I have never measured an atty below 2.8 ohms (510). I retire any (901) above 3.6 ohms. Most bad ones measure much higher than 4 ohms. Cruddy attys that can be cleaned always measure correct (3.3 ohms, give or take .2 ohms). I belive the 510 attys should be 2.8 ohms, give or take .2 ohms.

Residue can insulate the ni-chrome. That would cause less vapor to be produced and cause the wire to run hotter, thereby increasing the chance of burning out IMO.

Measuring both voltage and current while in use would give us the complete story, but I'm not setup for that yet. I would think that the resistance of the ni-chrome would go up with heat and especially if insulated with crud. In any case they would not be static numbers.

I usually use my 'high-dollar' meter. However, I just got out my cheap $3 meter from Harbor Freight and gave it a try. I measured 3.8 ohms on an atty, then shorted out the leads and measured 0.5 ohms. So it can be done with a cheap meter.