Is It Just Me?

Esmoker87

The first e cig i purchased was from njoy, the npro, and I have to say, it was kind of a let down. Nevertheless, I gave it a go for a couple days and what I got out of it was that it didn't satisfy my nicotine cravings one bit. Although it did cut down the number of traditional cigarettes per day, I definitely still felt the need to smoke a real cig. From what I've been reading, everyone's experience with vaping sounds much more fulfilling than mine.. Is it just me or am i doing something wrong? I ordered the joye510 hoping for better results...

The joye 510 is great I use one and have loved it... You will get a better expertience with it... Also another big factor is the liquid you are using... First find a flavor you like and then you may want to try a different nic level..

I vape 16mg and I love VT tobacco and dulsis..

Dont give up...but dont push it... once you get the 510 and some good liquid...(check vapor talk store) you will find that your old analogs are nasty

Dont stress it Esmoker. The first few days I too felt the need for an analog. I dont know about Njoy, but I was using a Blu, and it just let me down in too many ways. Like you, I then ordered the 510, and havent looked back since. The 510 will give you the fix your missing. And if you need an analog, have one. Dont pressure yourself. Do it at your pace. I think youll find, like the rest of us, that everything will fall into place and youll be liking those analogs less and less, as the 510 shows you what vaping is really all about. With the Blu, I realized that the e cig thing worked in theory, I was just using the wrong unit. I seriously almost gave up. But after hearing so much about the 510, I decided to give it one more shot. The rest is history. Keep us updated on your progress, we're here for ya ! :thumbsup:

Also, to see if we can help you more, how many analogs do you smoke a day, and what brand. If youre using too low of mg juice, you wont get your fix. I smoked 3-4 packs a day, so I vape 24mg. If I used 16mg, it just wouldnt cut it.

I think the 510 will be a big difference for you. What mg juice are you using? I started with 18mg but was disappoinged also. Luckily a day or so after I started I received my 24mg from VT store and it's amazing. I smoked about 1 1/2 packs a day and the 24 worked for me.

Edited by Brian

Same here. My first unit didn't cut it, so I tried a different one. Then another different one. Then I got the 510 and that one made a big difference with me. You'll hear basically the same story over and over on here. Just keep using the one you have until you get your 510. You don't have to rely on it completely, but it will keep you in the vaping mode. Then see what you think about the 510. I doubt it will disappoint you. But...if it's not quite enough for you, there are mods out there, too, that would probably do it. Just keep in touch here, ask questions, and you'll get the answers you need. This isn't an all or nothing thing. It just takes some time, some patience, some trial and error, and before you know it everything will fall into place.

If you hang in there, we'll hang in there with you.

Hey Esmoker, I know exactly what you're talking about. I started with (what I now know was) a KR808 at 36mg of nic. It was not cutting it - unless I was virtually breathing vapor, and that was a serious pain in the neck. I'd smoked about 25 non-filter Pall Malls a day, sometimes more - and I always wanted more, just couldn't handle it. Anyway, I tried 48mg juice and that did the trick. Finally I was getting a sufficient amount of nicotine. I'm not advocating high doses; what I am suggesting though is that you might need to step it up a notch. You can always titrate down when you're ready. The key is to get vaping successfully.

Also, a more powerful battery might well help. My second unit is a VP2; it's the cat's meow. :D I'm all happy now. Good luck!

The first e cig i purchased was from njoy, the npro, and I have to say, it was kind of a let down. Nevertheless, I gave it a go for a couple days and what I got out of it was that it didn't satisfy my nicotine cravings one bit. Although it did cut down the number of traditional cigarettes per day, I definitely still felt the need to smoke a real cig. From what I've been reading, everyone's experience with vaping sounds much more fulfilling than mine.. Is it just me or am i doing something wrong? I ordered the joye510 hoping for better results...

I felt the same way! I too started with the Npro, and I too was disappointed. I wasn't getting enough nicotine. I recently received the KR808, and let me say I am in LOVE. The Npro is a joke in comparison! Now this is what vaping should be! Definitely, the model you use makes the difference.

Also, to see if we can help you more, how many analogs do you smoke a day, and what brand. If youre using too low of mg juice, you wont get your fix. I smoked 3-4 packs a day, so I vape 24mg. If I used 16mg, it just wouldnt cut it.

I agree. I was using the Npro, and the nicotine level is not up to par. I smoked a pack a day, and stopped for two days while attempting to switch to vaping. Still needing nicotine, I smoked an analog...it rocked me! I could barely walk, felt high! I got my KR808, and ordered my carts with 24mg. I have no need for an analog any longer! I have a half of a pack of analogs on my counter, they have been there for days...and there they will stay! I am getting the right amount of nicotine now! I think the Npro is inaccurate in stating it has 18mg of nicotine, I think it is lower. I know it is inaccurate in stating that it is the same amount of nicotine in a regular analog!

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great replies, and in such a timely matter! This forum F'in rocks! :) ...but I'm not sure what mg juice i was using, because the cellophane wrap it came in didn't have any indication. They all uniformly read "traditional regular, mfg date 2009". But, I've smoked all but one now, making a total of 4 carts, and I did notice that some were more harsh than others. Also, I've been smoking marlboro 27's at the rate of about a pack and a half per day, sometimes two, for the past 8 years. I don't know if that helps at all, but I was just wondering what mg juice I should try? I'm really anxious to give that direct dripping technique a go. Thanx again for all the help!

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great replies, and in such a timely matter! This forum F'in rocks! :) ...but I'm not sure what mg juice i was using, because the cellophane wrap it came in didn't have any indication. They all uniformly read "traditional regular, mfg date 2009". But, I've smoked all but one now, making a total of 4 carts, and I did notice that some were more harsh than others. Also, I've been smoking marlboro 27's at the rate of about a pack and a half per day, sometimes two, for the past 8 years. I don't know if that helps at all, but I was just wondering what mg juice I should try? I'm really anxious to give that direct dripping technique a go. Thanx again for all the help!

I'd start with 24mg and see how it works for you. I would also recommend trying the juice from the VT store... tratidional tobacco is superb. Good juice makes a difference. I had ordered 3 30ml bottles of juice with my starter kit and have hardly used any of it. Really makes a diff.

I'm having the same problem. I'm using the Spade and 24 mg but I can't seem to get lower than smoking a half a pack a day. I don't think it is just the nic I'm missing. I need to feel the harsh warm feeling of smoke. Maybe I need to get a 5 volt unit, 36 mg, or both. I need thinker vapor, more heat, and a harsh throat hit.

I'm having the same problem. I'm using the Spade and 24 mg but I can't seem to get lower than smoking a half a pack a day. I don't think it is just the nic I'm missing. I need to feel the harsh warm feeling of smoke. Maybe I need to get a 5 volt unit, 36 mg, or both. I need thinker vapor, more heat, and a harsh throat hit.

That's sure what worked for me Schizophretard - more nic seems to give a better throat hit too though I don't know why the would be true.

That's sure what worked for me Schizophretard - more nic seems to give a better throat hit too though I don't know why the would be true.

Ive read that before, that the higher the nic content, the greater the throat hit. And Ive found it to be true, 16mg just doesnt cut it. 24mg is better. I WOULD go higher, but I dont want my vaping addiction to turn into what my analog addiction was, which was OUTTA control.

Ive read that before, that the higher the nic content, the greater the throat hit. And Ive found it to be true, 16mg just doesnt cut it. 24mg is better. I WOULD go higher, but I dont want my vaping addiction to turn into what my analog addiction was, which was OUTTA control.

OUTTA control is exactly what I'm looking for! If I'm not a fiend for my e-cig then it isn't working! :D

What does five volts feel like?

I don't know yet man, but I'm on a mission to find out. The PT that came with my KR808 kit was somewhere close to that and even with a lesser atty it worked quite well. It was very nice in fact. Can't wait to get a VP-PT - I just know that's gonna be the golden standard. Then I'm sure I'll start hunting for my own portable 5 or 6V device. I keep coming back to the Chuck on that but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Still waiting to see what all the rumored new units are like I guess. Not my time yet anyway. But that's coming. ;)

I got lucky and found the 510 when I first started and love it (7 months later)

I was 30/day for 30 years and 18 mg has worked great for me--however if you go up to 24 mg and find it is too strong for you, you can use PG or VG to cut it down.

For me 5 volt is a bit stronger and bit better throat hit--some people find the difference to be significant and too strong. I do find I take a shorter draw with the 5 volt.

The 510 I think is a great place to start and get a hold on the learning curve. Good liquid is just as important !!!

I was 30/day for 30 years and 18 mg has worked great for me--however if you go up to 24 mg and find it is too strong for you, you can use PG or VG to cut it down.

For me 5 volt is a bit stronger and bit better throat hit--some people find the difference to be significant and too strong. I do find I take a shorter draw with the 5 volt.

The 510 I think is a great place to start and get a hold on the learning curve. Good liquid is just as important !!!

I've been hearing a lot about these 5 volt devices... which units run on 5 volts and which one do you suggest? The only one that I've seen a review for was the vp/pt.

Also, what is PG and VG, and what is the difference?

I've been hearing a lot about these 5 volt devices... which units run on 5 volts and which one do you suggest? The only one that I've seen a review for was the vp/pt.

Also, what is PG and VG?

My 5 volt experience is very limited--VP-Passthrough. I'm sure somebody with more 5 volt experience will be along soon.

PG is Propylene Glycol is an additive in many food and household products- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol

VG- Vegetable glycerine- is also a common food/product additive, but is vegetable based -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycerol

Both products can be bought over the counter in most baking (craft stores) or pharmacy areas. Just make sure they are good grade.

I don't know yet man, but I'm on a mission to find out. The PT that came with my KR808 kit was somewhere close to that and even with a lesser atty it worked quite well. It was very nice in fact. Can't wait to get a VP-PT - I just know that's gonna be the golden standard. Then I'm sure I'll start hunting for my own portable 5 or 6V device. I keep coming back to the Chuck on that but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Still waiting to see what all the rumored new units are like I guess. Not my time yet anyway. But that's coming. ;)

I can't wait to see the Joker!

I don't see how 24 mg could be too strong for any smoker. I'm at 24 mg and I'm still trying to figure out what mg is at least as strong as an ultra light.

I don't see how 24 mg could be too strong for any smoker. I'm at 24 mg and I'm still trying to figure out what mg is at least as strong as an ultra light.

Ah man, my thought exactly! For whatever reason, I get nowhere near the nicotine from vaping that I did from smoke. I'm at 48mg, which seems to me almost as effective as a regular filter analog. But I smoked non-filters until I was about to choke everyday, so vaping even 48mg is a big reduction in nic for me.

For me, the 18 mg has been perfect. Then again I was never as addicted to the nicotine as I was to the habit of smoking--the psychological component is what always led me back to smoking.