New Years Eve

Cripes, we haven't figured that out yet. Certainly no partying, we're just getting too danged old to hang. Probably DVDs with friends. (Problem with that of course is my taste in movies. Everybody else likes stupid boring movies. But not me. I like interesting movies. Like Sukiyaki Western Django. But try getting a normal person to watch that! Ain't happening. Sigh.)

Maybe I can get our middle-aged suburban friends to watch Watchmen.* You think? Sigh.

I waited 20 years for someoneto make Watchmen (literally), and when it came out I saw it half a dozen times in the theater and half a dozen more when the DVD came out (with like 30 minutes restored). Ah man, I'm in heaven when I get to see that movie. No one's ever done a comic book better than Snyder made Watchmen. It's just stunning and beautiful and complete and perfect. (I don't care what the no-life fanboys say.) But do you think I know anyone else who gets it? Nope.

Anyway, probably just a long night of good movies. :)

*That is a rather clever pun, thank you, but it was completly accidental.

I'll be in the ABSOLUTELY WORST place, and the ABSOLUTELY LAST place that ANYONE wants to be on new year's eve. On staff at my local Intensive Care Unit....

Please drink and drive responsibly. I don't want to be bothered with anything other than my book.

Edited by Speakeasy