Kanger Top Tank Mini Kit- impressions and questions

DenverDave

I tried to edit my initial post but I could not save it...

I recently took the leap into the world of highly regarded current, Sub Ohm vaping purchasing the (not cheap) Kanger Top Box mini kit. So far I have used the blue o-ring .15 ohm Ni TC coil and the SS TC .5ohm coil. To be honest my feelings are pretty underwhelmed. Previously I was using a Nautilus Mini on an old school VAMO V5 VV/VW. In my opinion from my use so far, the Nautilus mini talk provided far superior flavor to the atomizers I have tried with the TOP BOX MINI kit. I just realty switched the NI coil out to try the SS coil in my TBM. Using TC mode, the lowest I can go is 200 degrees Fahrenheit, which IMO is too hot. Yes with this TBM kit I can make bigger vapor clouds but the flavor is seriously lacking.

I am thinking of trying the Nautilus tank on my K-Box mod (came with TBM kit) but I am worried it will burn it out. The K box goes to 75w with a min setting of 15 (I think). I have been running it at 3.5-4.0w on my VV/VW battery with good results. Don't think it would work well will 15w.

Any advice? Am I doing something wrong here and not using the TBM properly? Honestly I am pretty disappointed with the product from what I have come to expect from the hype around sub ohm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, DenverDave said:

I recently took the leap into the world of highly regarded current, Sub Ohm vaping purchasing the (not cheap) Kanger Top Box mini kit. So far I have used the blue o-ring .15 ohm Ni TC coil and the SS TC .5ohm coil. To be honest my feelings are pretty underwhelmed. Previously I was using a Nautilus Mini on an old school VAMO V5 VV/VW. In my opinion from my use so far, the Nautilus mini talk provided far superior flavor to the atomizers I have tried with the TOP BOX MINI kit. I just realty switched the NI coil out to try the SS coil in my TBM. Using TC mode, the lowest I can go is 200 degrees Fahrenheit, which IMO is too hot. Yes with this TBM kit I can make bigger vapor clouds but the flavor is seriously lacking.

I run my Kanger 75w TC mods between 360f, and 380f depending on the juice. I can't get any vape at 200f using a .5 SS coil when using the SS TC mode. I have noticed something about the Kanger TC mods, sometimes they won't ask if you are using a new coil, and use the resistance from the previous coil. The easy fix is before you put the tank on with the new coil, hold the fire button until the display flashes 9.99 ohms, put the tank on and it should ask if its a new coil.