City Smokers Begin Turning To E-Cigarettes

BirdDog

It is nice to read something that's not completely one sided, but it continues to amaze me that, in a country where the norm is to consider any criminal "innocent until presumed guilty," a device like an e-cig can be considered dangerous until proven safe.

The comments are very good however; many well-informed and articulate vapers made excellent statements to counter the dimwit public mouthpiece. The downside of course, is that many of the article's readers might not read the comments. Let's hope that just one smoker does, and finds his(her) way here. Vape on!

Thanks Bird Dog, great find.

It was a good article. The comments in it about the FDA were stupid. But I liked the responses about the FDA. Most of those people sounded articulate and well informed - including our very own Keenan. A lot of the points that were made were right on.

Good find!

That was a good read. I really enjoyed reading the commits. So, I had to add my own.

Extra thanks to 'RooksGambit' for covering the "fallacy or two from the pro side of this article". I would not have done as well.

When asking permission to vape in a non-smokers house, I always tell them that I may be exhaling a small amount of nic IMHO. Note: I have learned not to blow out a big mouthful of vapor, at those times. lol

"The devices are used to vaporize e-liquid, consisting of nicotine, flavor and other chemicals such as the solvent propylene glycol, contained in e-cigarette cartridges for inhalation by the user."

its a solvent?!? i thought it was a food additive?!?

definitions of a Solvent:

substance that dissolves things: a substance in which other substances are dissolved, often a liquid

dissolves or can dissolve <solvent action of water

Capable of dissolving another substance.

A substance in which another substance is dissolved, forming a solution.

A substance, usually a liquid, capable of dissolving another substance.

E-juice or E-Liquid is definitly a solution of many different ingredients.

But it does sound like they are trying to compare it with words that are scare tactics!!!!

I havent read one post yet where E-Cigs where a problem for anyone yet except a alergy to PG which is replaceable with pure VG instead.

Just my 2cents...

I haven't read one post yet where E-Cigs where a problem

Amen to that! It would only take one severe problem to wipe us off the map. Big thanks to all that came before us, for not screwing it up. -- Stay vigilant.

From the GreenSmoke comments, I can see why suppliers are not trusted.

I decided not to refute Fred, but someone needs to. -- Thanks. note: by clicking their links, you are making them money. -- just saying...