Crown 2, leaking, first impressions and a question

spydre

First, I really, really like this tank, after, I think a week of use, maybe less.  The one issue I'm having is whenever I tilt the mod, not much even, the tank leaks from the air vents - at least that's where it appears to come from.  And not a little seepage, but quite a bit of juice.  We've taken the tank apart - even the internal part that you have to deal with a screw to deal with - and that helped for a few hours, but by the time I went to bed that night (the tank disassembly was, um, Friday, I think) it was leaking again, so I need to know if others are having problems with this, or what could be causing it, do you think?

My other question is, I read someplace that the .8 ohm coil is a kanthal coil - which would be better for me since I use this flavor at least in wattage mode, although I don't mind using the SS.

Other than the leaking, my only gripe about the tank is it came with a metal drip tip, not delrin, so the first time I used it, I burned the heck out of, somehow, the INSIDE of my lip.  Blistered up one whole side of the inside of my lip and everything.  Best thing I can figure is that the inside of my lip contacts the drip tip when I vape, but I never noticed it before I got to the temperatures that would make the drip tips hot - my nautilus has a metal drip tip on it and the drip tip doesn't get hot because it's running less than half the power through it on my SVD.

I don't have the Crown2, but I have had issues with other tanks leaking (the Triton v1 immediately comes to mind).  I solved the problem by priming the heck out of the coil before filling the tank.  Literally taking the coil out, sitting it in some e-juice for a few minutes, replacing it and then filling the tank.  I know it sounds uber crazy and doesn't sound like it makes sense, but it works.  It's the same principle as using a cotton T-shirt to make a flotation device in an emergency situation.  With the cotton T-shirt, the water essentially "fills" the holes, preventing air from escaping.  In a similar manner, the e-liquid "closes" up all the gaps in the cotton and prevents air from pushing additional liquid through, thus preventing leaking.

Try it.  No guarantees it will work, but what do you have to lose?  Worst thing that can happen is you still have a leaky Crown2, right?

1 hour ago, emergy20 said:

Mine leaks too and I have no clue why. :/ don't know about the coils I vape on .25.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm vaping on the first coil, the one that came in it, and it's the .25 coil as well.

I am vaping on the .5 I had a suspicion about the leakage,and it proved right.you have to keep the airflow fully closed when not in use.plus because of the airholes in the bottom of the coil,it floods.I took mine out and found a decent amount of juice.a q tip will do the job nicely.I would reccomend cleaning it everytime you clean or fill your tank.yes it is a pain in the butt.but mine started dripping a bit,so I investagated.it says in the user manual to keep the airflow closed when not in use to prevent leaking.the other I just suspected.I haven't had a problem since,and I vape about every hour,I have been up since 5 ,so that's five hours of no leak.hope this helped,and happy vaping!

Edited by Foofightervapegirl
Spelling error

Thanks.  It's helping, a bit.  And yeah, I know about cleaning out the connection with a q-tip.  Keeps it from getting nasty, and keeps liquid from seeping into the device, which in some devices has cause things to asplody.  I think one of the IPV mods had that problem - just people not maintaining their equipment, which is rule #1 with electronics, duh.  Liquid and electricity......

Reminds me of people who put loose batteries in their pockets with loose change and crap, and then freak out when their pockets explode because they shorted the battery out.  

It occasionally leaks if I tip it too far while the airflow is open.  While it's closed it doesn't leak though, but it's open most of the time, actually.  I don't just hit it a few times once an hour.  I hit it a lot, frequently, and if I close the airflow in between times, it doesn't cool down.  So it stands behind my keyboard with the airflow open.  I'll close it if I'm going somewhere, or eating, or napping (or in bed) or it's charging.  When it does leak, it's still a pain, lol.

Are there any rubber o-rings involved? I'm not familiar with this particular tank, but BOTH of my triforces had little rubber gaskets that go between the coil and the chimney, and until you replaced those with the spare they provided in the kit, it would leak, but they haven't since, at least until a coil goes bad and then I get leakage.

I just got a tfv8 and it pukes a bit at every re-fill. Even with closing off the airflow. it's nominal, but beings it's sitting on top of my brand new rx 2/3 it's aggravating because I'm trying to keep it pristine. (we'll see how long that lasts, cause that will mean I can't take it to work.) 

Mine still is not leaking,but everytime I put it down,the airflow gets closed.I am a pretty heavy vaper,so it's kind of annoying, but being forced to vape outside helps because when I put my mod back on the counter 9 times out of 10 I remember my rule of thumb is when you're done hitting it,close that airflow.by the way the .5 coils suck.they have wicking issues big time,even in tc mode.I had to stab a small hole in each part where the cotton goes with a pin.and even after that they last three days max. I am not running them above 45 watts on my worst day.their reccomended wattage is 50-80 I believe. You would think running it lower would make it last longer....nope!so vape at the wattage you want because they won't last anyway.I ordered the .8 kanthal,we will see.

Mine still leaks.  I've had it leak over my hand when I've tilted it too far to take a hit off of it.  The only time it doesn't leak is when we've taken it apart, like the time I requested my husband help me take it apart, or when I had to change the coil, and I'll get a few hours of no leaking, but by bedtime it leaks again.