Bumbleberry

VapeMama

Sounds delicious!

What type of sweetener do you use?  Is it the EM or just the regular sweetener?

I have some TFA sweetener but never know how much to add so I have been adding a couple of drops each time I taste a juice if it's not sweet enough.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

7 hours ago, VapeMama said:

I just use TFA's regular sweetener. 3% mostly for the fruity mixes. I don't want a "candy" taste to my juices. If you prefer sweeter, try 5%.

I'll do that,  thanks :) 

My favorite vapes are full of chocolate and either mint or strawberry or cherry. Though... I have just gotten some Capella's Choc. Raspberry Flavoring and I was going to make some tonight for the weekend...I have a sweet tooth, but I don't really like super sweet  candy like fruits either... I like them to taste like Dark Chocolate dipped real fruit if that makes sense.

18 hours ago, VapeMama said:

That sounds good. Will have to get some chocolate the next time I order flavorings! Thinking I might try a peanut butter one too. Make p-butter cup!

I prefer the dark double chocolate instead of the clear double chocolate it just tastes richer and truer  to real chocolate. I haven't tried the milk chocolate because I prefer dark.

I made some peanut butter cup (15ml) and learned the hard way that a little PB goes a long way so be careful with it. I wound up putting it in a bigger bottle (30ml) and adding all the ingredients except the PB to get it to balance out. it turned out decent after that. I still think it needs to be cut back a bit more next batch but at least I didn't have to toss it like I did with a different juice (PHEW) I hate to waste :)

Hi

I used all TFA flavors for 30ml bottle

Your favorite base base

15% Double Dark Chocolate

8% Peanut Butter

4% Bavarian Cream

Plus a few drops of TFA sweetener ( I added it a couple of days ago to balance it out)

On 8/17/2016 at 6:55 PM, Edna said:

I prefer the dark double chocolate instead of the clear double chocolate it just tastes richer and truer  to real chocolate. I haven't tried the milk chocolate because I prefer dark.

I made some peanut butter cup (15ml) and learned the hard way that a little PB goes a long way so be careful with it. I wound up putting it in a bigger bottle (30ml) and adding all the ingredients except the PB to get it to balance out. it turned out decent after that. I still think it needs to be cut back a bit more next batch but at least I didn't have to toss it like I did with a different juice (PHEW) I hate to waste :)

Edna, the TFA DX Peanut Butter is a bit creamier than the standard PB, so it's not as "harsh" and "dry" tasting, IMO...  When I mix my PB cups, I use equal parts (8%) PB and Milk Chocolate, or if I'm using Dark Chocolate, I use 25-50% more (10-12% volume).  Of course, it's mixed to my tastes, so you'll mix to your own liking :)  But, the DX PB is a much smoother, creamier blend without the harsh/dry nut taste... so you may not need sweetener, too? 

Also, if you're using Dark Chocolate, sometimes adding a little Dairy Milk flavoring (TFA or CAP) will smooth it out and add a touch of sweetness without a "candy" feeling to the mix... Marshmallow does the same thing too, but a little sweeter.

When I'm doing chocolate covered fruit flavors... like my favorite, Chocolate covered Raspberries... I use 12-15% Milk Chocolate and 10% Sweet Raspberry, and sometimes add 3-5% Bavarian Cream to smooth it out (all TFA).  Cherry, Orange, and Strawberry are all strong fruit flavors, so if I were making those with chocolate, I'd drop them to 3-5%, depending on how strong they are.

Edited by Earthling789

26 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

Edna, the TFA DX Peanut Butter is a bit creamier than the standard PB, so it's not as "harsh" and "dry" tasting, IMO...  When I mix my PB cups, I use equal parts (8%) PB and Milk Chocolate, or if I'm using Dark Chocolate, I use 25-50% more (10-12% volume).  Of course, it's mixed to my tastes, so you'll mix to your own liking :)  But, the DX PB is a much smoother, creamier blend without the harsh/dry nut taste... so you may not need sweetener, too? 

Also, if you're using Dark Chocolate, sometimes adding a little Dairy Milk flavoring (TFA or CAP) will smooth it out and add a touch of sweetness without a "candy" feeling to the mix... Marshmallow does the same thing too, but a little sweeter.

When I'm doing chocolate covered fruit flavors... like my favorite, Chocolate covered Raspberries... I use 12-15% Milk Chocolate and 10% Sweet Raspberry, and sometimes add 3-5% Bavarian Cream to smooth it out (all TFA).  Cherry, Orange, and Strawberry are all strong fruit flavors, so if I were making those with chocolate, I'd drop them to 3-5%, depending on how strong they are.

@Earthling789

Thanks for the hint :) I made a Chocolate Raspberry Cordial  that I believe you posted a while ago and it was great!

I'll get the PB DX next time. I used Blood Orange in one and it was a bit much do you have a orange you really like? I don't want an ice creamy type flavor, I want Christmas candy dark chocolate dipped orange jelled flavor...The juice with the blood orange was ok but I know it can be loads better...Thanks in advance

@Edna  The oranges I've used have been the Blood Orange (FW), Mandarin Orange (TFA), and the Juicy Orange (CAP)... I like the Juicy Orange because it is more like OJ or fresh squeezed flavor.  If the flavor gets muted by the Chocolate, you can use Citrus or Citrus Punch to get the "bite" back into the flavor, but if you want more of a Christmas-candied-flavor, you'd probably be better served with a candied orange flavor (not sure if one is out there), or you could candy it up a bit by adding a little sweetener, caramel, or a Gummy-candy flavoring to give it that after-taste you're looking for?  Hmmm... Chocolate Gummy-bears... sounds interesting :)

20 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

@Edna  The oranges I've used have been the Blood Orange (FW), Mandarin Orange (TFA), and the Juicy Orange (CAP)... I like the Juicy Orange because it is more like OJ or fresh squeezed flavor.  If the flavor gets muted by the Chocolate, you can use Citrus or Citrus Punch to get the "bite" back into the flavor, but if you want more of a Christmas-candied-flavor, you'd probably be better served with a candied orange flavor (not sure if one is out there), or you could candy it up a bit by adding a little sweetener, caramel, or a Gummy-candy flavoring to give it that after-taste you're looking for?  Hmmm... Chocolate Gummy-bears... sounds interesting :)

@Earthling789 Thanks I'll give it a go.

I'll try the juicy orange first. There's a brand of chocolate orange jell rings that the company sells seasonally every Christmas that I'm going for...Christmas flavor year round ....

Chocolate Gummy Bears... Now, There's a thought :D I'll have to find some of that gummy candy flavoring!