Vt As Support System

jmhester

Last night I was watching a Chantix commercial and they were talking about the requirements to stop smoking. One that was on the list was a support system. I really never thought about it before but VT is our support system. We are all here to help each other become non-smokers. We respond to questions, concerns, and even emotional issues. I don't know why I never looked at it that way but I swear I would never have been successful without the support from the members on this board.

Kind of cool, don't you think?

Couldn't agree more....

As I wrote about yesterday I was on Chantix for three months and I did the support group that the commercial refers to. It's honestly a joke. When you first start the meds you call into a 1-800 number and answer a questionaire. One of the questions asks what the best day of the week and best time of day to call you is. So, after that, you get a call once a week at the time you stated, and a telemarketor asks you some questions for like 5 minutes and then wishes you continued success and hangs up. Thats the support. This continues for three weeks, then you never hear from them again. You can call them too, but it's not successful quiters your talking to; they actually sound like hungover college students. But from the beginning, they emphasize how the support is only for 3 weeks. As a medical professional, I would hardly call this support.

However, if you quit the Chantix, they hound you for a month trying to get you to buy the product again. It's really lame.

Long live VaporTalk......

I'd never thought of it that way before, but I think you're all right. It is a support group. We care about each other, support each other, answer questions, ask questions, share stories, share laughs, share information, and have a good time. It's still weird to me that I would become involved with a group at all.

It's gotta be that pixie dust. :rolleyes:

I agree. From my first day I have felt welcome here. Like others on here, I haven't been much of a forum person. This is the first forum I've belonged to where I actually feel part of the family. You all have made my vaping experience so much fun. I needed that! I want to pay it forward to new members that come along.

Pixie dust. Yep, that's gotta be it. I'm not a social person by any stretch at all but VT sure reeled me in. It's the cool and accepting folks here, not just the experience, that keeps it all together for me. I absolutely agree it's ensured my continuing success. Sometimes I wonder how long I'll hang out here; I suspect a long, long time. I just dig it.

Ha! I just remembered a question I have to ask that I've kept forgetting to. See you all in a bit. ;)

It's really cool to wake up and read topics like this. I'm glad that Vapor Talk has been a support group for you as much as it has for me. Every time I get on here I pop a couple drops of liquid in whatever unit I'm using, pull the pin on my office chair so I can lean back, and just ready away. It's like my new morning news paper.

It's really cool to wake up and read topics like this. I'm glad that Vapor Talk has been a support group for you as much as it has for me. Every time I get on here I pop a couple drops of liquid in whatever unit I'm using, pull the pin on my office chair so I can lean back, and just ready away. It's like my new morning news paper.

LOL! It is like reading the morning paper for me.......now.....if I could just find the section where you posted that Midnight recipe!!!

Last night I was watching a Chantix commercial and they were talking about the requirements to stop smoking. One that was on the list was a support system. I really never thought about it before but VT is our support system. We are all here to help each other become non-smokers. We respond to questions, concerns, and even emotional issues. I don't know why I never looked at it that way but I swear I would never have been successful without the support from the members on this board.

Kind of cool, don't you think?

jmhester

When I finally decided to join and made my first post I had never joined a forum before I was shocked at how supportive and kind everyone was. I honestly felt like a new kid at school who was invited to sit at a table with all the cool kids. WHO ME? I thought maybe I better not post to often for fear everyone would discover I didn't belong after all. But, instead I was welcomed and encourged. Now I call that a support group that belongs to a really cool forum. Thanks for bringing the subject up.

@ BMW - I felt exactly the same as you when I started. Still do sometimes. Like Dave, I'm not a social person. At all. I keep thinking I'm posting too much and everyone will tell me to go away. And yet they don't. And I can't help but answer the posts. I'm still amazed that I enjoy this so much. So unlike me.

I'm glad you feel welcome here.

jmhester

When I finally decided to join and made my first post I had never joined a forum before I was shocked at how supportive and kind everyone was. I honestly felt like a new kid at school who was invited to sit at a table with all the cool kids. WHO ME? I thought maybe I better not post to often for fear everyone would discover I didn't belong after all. But, instead I was welcomed and encourged. Now I call that a support group that belongs to a really cool forum. Thanks for bringing the subject up.

FOOD FIGHT!!!! :lol: Reminded me of school. :D I'm glad that everyone here felt so welcome I just hope we can keep it that way as the forum grows. Let's hope we can keep the grumps and rolls out and all the good people in.

@ BMW - I felt exactly the same as you when I started. Still do sometimes. Like Dave, I'm not a social person. At all. I keep thinking I'm posting too much and everyone will tell me to go away. And yet they don't. And I can't help but answer the posts. I'm still amazed that I enjoy this so much. So unlike me.

Same here - 100% introvert, but found a home here.

FOOD FIGHT!!!! :lol: Reminded me of school. :D I'm glad that everyone here felt so welcome I just hope we can keep it that way as the forum grows. Let's hope we can keep the grumps and rolls out and all the good people in.

Well, I've seen at least one grump get dissatisfied here and move on. I think it has everything to do with everyone being just generally nice - grumps feed on grumps. Other places, I've found that if you out a troll, they just go away too. Eventually. Vapor Talk is special, and what makes that true (just my opinion) is that the people who find happiness here are the happy people. I really have to think that's just an accident of nature, like an unusually beautiful sunrise. It happens, but it's not predictable and not replicable. I feel exceptionally blessed to like this place. Thanks Christopher.

I definitely believe VT is a support system, that is why I recommend it to everyone I introduce to vaping :)

Same here. Although I don't think anyone I've sent this way has come by. Or they'd be posting up a storm! :) I'm always amazed at smoker's resistance to vaping - and that is a real thing. My brother turned me onto it, but he still smokes often and doesn't visit this forum. I've given vaping info to a handful of smokers but they all still smoke, so far as I know. This is one of those things that you have to want to do. Quitting smoking is a heavy decision. Because we've done it with so little pain I think we tend (at least I do) to think everyone ought to. But the path of least resistance is a powerful force. And smoking is a familiar and comforting thing.

But I remain convinced that Vapor Talk itself will help to convert many smokers, and I will continue sending them this way.

Well I hate to break it to everyone but laugh it up now, we've secretly taken all your credit cards and come 12am tonight, the last night of the year, you will be charged for every post created on the forum. Muah ha ha ha ha! :lol: Man I have the worst sense of humor sometimes.

Well I hate to break it to everyone but laugh it up now, we've secretly taken all your credit cards and come 12am tonight, the last night of the year, you will be charged for every post created on the forum. Muah ha ha ha ha! :lol: Man I have the worst sense of humor sometimes.

I always thought there was something just not right about you. :D I think Chris works for the FDA.

Won't get much... I've already given you most of my money! :P