Health Canada Advises Canadians Not to Use Electronic Cigarettes

Christopher

Nice of them to allude to 'licensing' but that alone could take years in the approval stage if they so choose to work it that way. I won't bother reiterating what so many others have said about the hysterical and idiotic claims being made by opponents of the e-cig industry or the absolute crap that the FDC and now HC is proclaiming regarding concerns for 'the safety of the product'. Half the pharmaceutical drugs out there on the market would be gone if they were really that concerned.

Unless big tobacco or pharma decides to take over the industry and then ... well, just watch those hurdles disappear. My feeling is that the industry has only now realized just how big a market they stand to lose and our gov'ts are scared of the disappearing tax revenues.

Since getting my e-cig only a few days ago, I have smoked maybe 5 analogs. And then only because my throat hurt too much and needed a nic fix. I was all ready to order some juice from JC in the VG form to see if that helped but now am too scared that it will never make it across the border. We have a fight of monstrous proportions on our hands, methinks.

Someone on the 'other' forum mentioned that we could still get supplies directly from China. Any thoughts on this? I love this e-cig and what it can do and do NOT want to have to give it up. I don't know if petitions will be enough (but can't hurt!) so successfully fight this. But we sure need to do something. Very distressing all the way around ...

I feel sorry for all the suppliers who must be sweating bullets right now too. It takes huge money to fight these agencies and almost as much to do the kinds of studies that are usually required to say nothing of the time involved before approval. I just don't see our suppliers having those resources and any studies done in China would have zero credibility on this side of the water.

For now I guess I'll just send an email to my supplier and see if there is any hope of getting as many carts as I can. Guess I'll need to scour the internet for recipes to make my own. :huh:

You can get your products from China however good luck trying to find out where. Trade secrets... In order to purchase from China you normally have to buy in bulk, usually about $500 is the norm.

I wouldn't mind the gov taxing, actually let me take that back, if I had to have choice between ban and tax I'd take the tax. Sucks, but it's better than nothing. And yes we are all sweating bullets.

Well at least canada did not ban them even though they are "adviseing" people not to use them it is only because not enough testing has been done to prove their saftey, had canada banned them I would be much more worried about the future of e-ciggs, worse comes to worse Ill have to start making monthly trips to mexico... :ph34r: