Ok I might sound dumb but I need help without blowing my face off

hewettthing

Hi I'm Rebecca I used to use my eleaf to test out new coils I build I have a number dyslexia so building coils is touch and go if I do it right with the eleaf if I ****** up it would turn itself right off until I plugged it back in suggesting it either got to hot or I obviously did something wrong it's not broken well yeah it is the numbers on the display have just turned into lines so I'm wondering can I use my evict vt to do the same to test the safe zones of coils that I build I'm not retarded and I've figured it out almost but there's always a chance of error so testing it is key wouldn't you think long story short will my evict vt shut itself offe57c05e789309eff3cbb938f400fefff.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah my thingy that reads ohms is broken

Hi I'm Rebecca I used to use my eleaf to test out new coils I build I have a number dyslexia so building coils is touch and go if I do it right with the eleaf if I ****** up it would turn itself right off until I plugged it back in suggesting it either got to hot or I obviously did something wrong it's not broken well yeah it is the numbers on the display have just turned into lines so I'm wondering can I use my evict vt to do the same to test the safe zones of coils that I build I'm not retarded and I've figured it out almost but there's always a chance of error so testing it is key wouldn't you think long story short will my evict vt shut itself offe57c05e789309eff3cbb938f400fefff.jpg

Oh yeah my thingy that reads ohms is broken

Any regulated mod will turn itself off before blowing up, the mods that blow up are mech mods with no safety features. Both of the mods you mentioned are regulated, so you should not blow your face off.

I have 2 thingys that reads ohms, neither one works right, I also use mods to check ohms.

This is probably the best coil building site, check it out.http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

Edited by FXRich

• 7 months later...
Any regulated mod will turn itself off before blowing up, the mods that blow up are mech mods with no safety features. Both of the mods you mentioned are regulated, so you should not blow your face off.

I have 2 thingys that reads ohms, neither one works right, I also use mods to check ohms.

This is probably the best coil building site, check it out.http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

SIGH........ It is NOT mech mods, it is the inexperienced user that cause the catastrophe. If you know what you are doing and are within the limits of your battery and have an undamaged battery and no hard shorts you/mech mod WILL NOT blow up. Also checking your ohms on any regulated device is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using The Vapor Talk mobile app

53 minutes ago, j.d.p.84 said:

SIGH........ It is NOT mech mods, it is the inexperienced user that cause the catastrophe. If you know what you are doing and are within the limits of your battery and have an undamaged battery and no hard shorts you/mech mod WILL NOT blow up. Also checking your ohms on any regulated device is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using The Vapor Talk mobile app

That is exactly what @FXRich was saying... MECH MODS do NOT have safety features found in regulated mods, and if you build a bad coil or have a short, a regulated mod will shut itself down before a catastrophe happens... a mech will overheat, short, and potentially blow up (especially when using a cheap, low-Amp-load battery).  This is why anyone using a mech SHOULD test their coil builds, either with a regulated mod, or with a respectable Ohm Meter before firing the coil on the mech.  His answer was spot-on to the OP... testing the build on the eVic is a good idea and just as reliable as testing on the eLeaf REGULATED MOD.

Seriously... no need to be so defensive over mechs... it seems most of your posts are hyper-defensive / hyper-sensitive over mechs, and while you opinion does and should matter on the subject... not everyone agrees they are the end-all-be-all of vaping.  

Many of us still use mechs too (although not as frequently as a couple years ago), and it is common consensus around here (VT Forum) that regulated mods are more mainstream because they are safer (primarily) as they safeguard against shorts and bad builds!  My (and many other's) preference to a regulated mod is the simple fact that they deliver a consistent vape throughout the entire functional life of the battery's charge, rather than a constantly declining voltage application to the coil, like a mech mod does....  

Regulated mods have come a long way in a short time, and even major cloud-chasers use them... because today's regulated mods can handle (safely) builds down in to the 0.1 Ohm (and even lower) range.  Regulated mods of a couple years ago could barely handle builds down around the 1.0 Ohm range, which is why mechs were the preference of cloud-chasers, drippers, and those who built sub-ohm coils.... mechs were the only way to fire those coils back then!  Today, there are much better, safer, and plenty of design options in regulated mods....

Mech mods do have their place in the vape world, and a lot of experienced vapors like them, but they have their limitations, one of the most popular tanks is the Baby beast, with coils down to .2 and .15 most people would consider them unsafe to use on a mech mod. I have 3 mods that will fire down to .05 ohms, (in theory a dead short),  but I personally don't build coils below .5

I remember awhile back we had a poster (can't remember her name) that went into a vape shop, and wanted a setup to start vaping, she was sold a mech mod, and a dripper. Not a good setup for a beginner wanting to try vaping in my opinion. That is one of the reasons mech mods got a bad rep, people not knowing what they are doing.

I like using temperature control, it is not available with a mech mod.

Besides I have never heard of a regulated mod blowing up in a pocket or a purse.