E Cig Maintenance

TheLostFayth

when you buy an e cigarette, they come with instructions, but they arent very specific. looking around online doesnt help much to gain "trustworthy" knowledge either. obviously, as with everything, a bit of maintenance is needed too keep something running in top condition, so i was wondering what should i do to keep an e cig "in its prime"?

Well, thats a tough one to answer. A lot would depend on what model you have. But, one important part of maintenance is keeping your attys clean. Personally, Im a firm believer in "if it aint broke, dont fix it". I dont clean my attys until I notice a big loss in vapor. You might want to check out the "Help, It Broke" section in the General Forums. Theres a lot of helpful advice there.

Honestly for the most part ecigs are pretty low maintenance there isn't much you need to do to keep them running well. Your atomizer should be treated as a disposable part of the ecig and needs to be changed every month. If you want to keep your atomizer longer then a quick run under some water will do the trick. (Just make sure to let it dry over night)

Other than that not much else you need to do :D

There are lots of opinions on this one. For me, here's what has become somewhat routine (for the 510):

1. I regularly roll up a piece of paper towel and put in the atty and let it sit for a while. This will absorb out a lot of juice that builds up. Some people just leave it upside down on a paper towel over night.

2. I occasionally clean the contact points for the atty and the battery. Sometimes juice will leak into this area creating a bad contact. Sometime I just use a paper towel and sometimes I use alchohol and a q-tip.

3. Every few days I'll rinse my carts in hot water and blow out any excess water. Little piece of rolled up paper towel inside will dry it quickly and it's ready for use. I direct drip so I'm using empty carts, but if I don't do this I usually end up with juice in my mouth after a few days.

That's just me. Some will probably say it's not necessary, other will say it's not enough, but it's what's working for me and I'm sure you'll find what works for you over time. :)

I clean mine quite a bit and use them forever.I soak them in denture tabs for a couple of hours and then do three or four rinses with hot water from my coffee maker.Then let them dry a day or two.I change out when the taste starts going bad or I switch liquids.

I have only been vaping for a month now so I am rather new to this but I wanted to share what has been working really good for me.

I use the joye 510 and I love, but I noticed after a couple days of use it seemed to start losing flavor unless I cleaned the atty.

After I cleaned the atty a few times it didnt seem like it wanted to wick the juice very well. I started reading people telling me to replace it already, well it was only two weeks old and it still worked good dripping with it.

So I drip now mostly, but when I go out and need a full cart that will last for hours, I bought a battery adapter so my 510 battery can now accept a cartomizer.

Ive found I prefer the cartomizer, they are so easy, can be refilled a few times and your atty is always fresh, clean and tasty.

No dripping and driving!!!

Anyway its a cheap easy way to try cartomizers for a maintainance free e-cig.

I found my battery adapter at altsmoke.com

I have never tried any product from altsmoke except this battery adapter, shipping was fast.

I hope this helps

Compressed air seems to mess them up ,there is a fiber wicking material under the stainless mesh and it has a tail that goes into the vicinity of the element.Don't pluck it out .Usually a few drops to prime it and I put a full cart in and let it set a while ,top it off and it goes like new.The attomizer I am using today is the first 302 I bought in June.But if you prefer buying attomizers go for it suppliers have to make a living too.Just do what works for you.

I haven't been vaping long enough to know how long I can get an atty to last. From what I'd read I figured I'd have to throw them away after a month. I got my first 510 atty on Nov. 5th and I'm still using it - along with a couple of new ones I'm using on other units. If I can get them to last more than a month, I'm more than willing to do it. Since mine weren't putting out quite as much vapor right now, I just cleaned them and did the paper towel thing like Brian does. I'll see what happens when they're dry. I'd love to get six months out of them! I might have to buy some denture tabs and give that a try. Especially for the six months of use.

Thanks guys!