New Year Resolution?

Good question jj. I haven't thought of a resolution to break for this next year. :) I am going to make it a goal to reduce my nicotine level. I am currently using 16mg for the most part. I still have some 24mg and I cant just let that go to waste LOL. I don't know if vaping is a vice, but my love for Dulcis is sinful. :icecream:

Well every year I'd say I wanted to stop smoking, now it's becoming healthier. I gave up Soda for the most part last year, this year I think I'll move to less Junk Food and lowering my nicotine level. I already managed to loose about 30 pounds and I feel a lot better!

My 2009 resolution was to quit smoking, lose weight, get a entry level into a game design studio I was aiming for (which I never got due to recession!).

I achieved none of these this year. :(

I'm 240lbs and wanted to get back to my nice 164lbs weight. So imagine my disappointment when I couldn't even stop smoking, my first resolution, took me 3 tries in 2009, I loved smoking way too much to quit so wanted an alternative. Thank god for vaping!

Now that I've quit cigarettes, I've gained some ground and going to try for the other 2 I haven't even accomplished yet.

Now 2010, I want to get at least down to 11MG, 6MG or even 0MG juice and finally lose the damn weight that's been ruining myself esteem for some years now! At least, I can breath a whole lot better now. So those are my new 2010 resolutions. :)

Edited by StevenP

LOL @ jeffb - "Good question jj. I haven't thought of a resolution to break for this next year." I like that one.

I've already cut back to 12mg or lower on the nic, so I could keep that up and get down to 0. Since I'm doing that now, it shouldn't be too hard for me. I've been saying that since I made the biggest step to getting healthy by quitting the analogs, getting the rest of the way to be healthy should be easy. Except for the losing weight part. I am not going to tell how much I weigh except to say I am below 240. But I have a lot to lose. Exercise is going to be a big part of that. Now that I can breath again and have more energy, I think I can do it. We have a treadmill and a total gym that need to be used and I think I can do it now. We've already been working on the eating healthier part, but I do need to give up soda. I've been drinking diet pepsi, but want that to go, too.

I just ordered some 6 mg liquid and hope to go nic free in Jan. or Feb. Awesome vapor has 0 and Electronicstix is getting it.So it is up to me to do my part.I started with 24 mg in June. :)

Now that I quit smoking,I have no faults that need changing, No resolutions for me!

You're my hero! thumbsup.gif

I don't make New Year resolutions either, but it's just because I give them up on Jan 2. If I lose some weight it'll be because I gave up my other two vices: beer and ice cream. But that sounds awful stringent! This man needs a vice, which vaping isn't. At least not in my book. Vaping is a safer way to get the nicotine I got used to all those years ago.

The other night a friend told me that if I took the right supplements I wouldn't look for so much sugar. Really? What are they?! I dig supplements, particularly if they'll help me ditch these 40 lbs I earned but didn't want. But that's sure not a resolution. It's a wish. (What's the cliche? Wish in one hand and spit in the other? Which fills up first?)

No, I'm not conflicted! :D

My family Doc was reading me the riot act earlier this year before vaping ,I told her one of the reasons I was scared to quit smoking was weight gain .I am 220 pounds with a lot of effort my siblings are all over 250 or 300,my dad was 600 pounds when he died.I was surprised when she said I would be better off fat than smoking.I have a ruptured disc and a knee that needs replacing I don't know how she figures i would be better off.So far I have not gained any wieght since I quit the ciggs .I just keep puffing along like the little engine that could.

Good question jj. I haven't thought of a resolution to break for this next year. :) I am going to make it a goal to reduce my nicotine level. I am currently using 16mg for the most part. I still have some 24mg and I cant just let that go to waste LOL. I don't know if vaping is a vice, but my love for Dulcis is sinful. :icecream:

I think I shall resolve to Vape more this year :> and maybe NEXT year I will resolve to Vape less!

Lets see....I quit analogs...

I am 5' 8" and weigh 135#'s .....so I don't need to lose weight...

I do drink alot of caffeine .... But really.... Do we have to give up everything?

Maybe I will make a resolution to not stop stocking up on vaping equipment...