Glass E-Liquid Bottles

mcquinn

Does any one but me hate the glass E-liquid bottles with the plastic metering device?It takes forever for the goods to go where you need them.No stop light dripping with those babies.One company sent eyedroppers you could use in place of them but they don't fit all the different companies bottles. :mad:

Does any one but me hate the glass E-liquid bottles with the plastic metering device?It takes forever for the goods to go where you need them.No stop light dripping with those babies.One company sent eyedroppers you could use in place of them but they don't fit all the different companies bottles. :mad:

I haven't seen a glass juice bottle yet. Let me know which suppliers use them and I'll be sure to avoid them. :)

The popular domestic brands do and a couple UK based ones.I have been throwing everything away after I started watching "Hoarders" wish I had saved one.My passthrough broke and the best place to get a replacement was in the UK ,I went ahead and bought some liquid to get the most from the shipping fee.Really good liquid ,really bad bottle.

Edited by mcquinn

Totally wicked use glass bottles and so does Johnson Creek but I tell you what it's much messier. The problem is once you take the dropper out of the bottle it's easy to spill the glass vile. If you where inside your car and you use the dropper you would need some place for the vile to go. You could place the vile in the cup holder but I guarantee the moment you had to hit the gas that sucker would spill.

Totally wicked use glass bottles and so does Johnson Creek but I tell you what it's much messier. The problem is once you take the dropper out of the bottle it's easy to spill the glass vile. If you where inside your car and you use the dropper you would need some place for the vile to go. You could place the vile in the cup holder but I guarantee the moment you had to hit the gas that sucker would spill.

Sounds like your speaking from experience. :D

I do prefer the squeezy plastic bottles myself, but I like the glass ones because you never know what the plastic bottle materials are made from since most are made in China and I question something like a toxic chemical (nicotine) absorbing into the plastic and what the effects might be. My solution is just to buy the 30ml juice in the glass and then transfering some into a small 3ml plastic bottle for traveling. :)

I thought of glass e-liquid bottles, then though about how much of a hassle it might to transfer drips/juices and the possibly of knocking that sucker over. JUICE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN GOLD! :D

Arno's jugs are great! And it's a great value, love how just well they've worked for me for the amount of juice they have, can't go wrong with Awesome Vapor! And Chris' are a grade A+ juice and the bottles with child proof caps I really dig. Best looking and most tasty juice I've ever had!

I do prefer the squeezy plastic bottles myself, but I like the glass ones because you never know what the plastic bottle materials are made from since most are made in China and I question something like a toxic chemical (nicotine) absorbing into the plastic and what the effects might be. My solution is just to buy the 30ml juice in the glass and then transfering some into a small 3ml plastic bottle for traveling. :)

Wow, now that is worthwhile. Thanks Cade! You're now my new hero.

I've been buying 60 ml at a time of the flavors I find out that I like, but my supplier uses plastic bottles. Now I think I'll start transferring stuff to glass. I always carry 6 ml bottles that I fill with a pipette; works for me.

I've ordered a couple of flavors from vermont vapor and they use glass bottles. In theory they seem nice, but putting them to use is another thing. As soon as the put the 'dripper' over the atty juice starts coming out, you don't really have a choice. It's really messy and I will avoid all future products with glass.

Fatalis really got me thinking about plastic bottles since I'm thinking longterm storage. Plastic certainly is okay for everyday small quantity use, but I don't want a bunch of nasty chemicals leeching into my juice over time. I'm working to build up a minumum of one year supply of juice, ideally longer. Then I'll start rotating the stuff out until the FDA cuts us off. But I'm storing everything in glass now.

Didn't Vermont send you some eye droppers?They sent me some you can replace the plastic thing with the dropper ,still not too handy for a quick drip or fill up at a stop light but way better.

We use plastic for 10 / 15ml bottles, but once someone orders larger bottles (30ml and 60ml) then we move to a cobalt blue glass, it comes with a glass eyedropper top. I agree and use the plastic bottles for day time usage but the glass is nice when ordering large quantities I'm going to store, and the dropper is nice for filling up the little bottles.

All good points, but all the juice I've been ordering comes in the plastic bottles. I need to find a place where I can order bigger glass jars to store the juice in. I've been looking because of my concern over the plastic. Glad to see this thread going. Thanks everyone!

Wayne mentioned that they were about to upgrade to brown glass bottles and I quickly talked him out of it. Sure glass is better for long term storage, but it is too easy to spill and it is a nightmare when it breaks. Also, the colored bottles prevent you from seeing the true color of the juice (very important IMO). My biggest pet peeve is big labels that prevent you from seeing how much is left in the bottle.

Maybe, I just like looking at my juice. lol

I am a cheap bastard that drinks coke. When there is a good sale on, I buy a lot! I found that plastic 2 liters go stale within a month or two, while cans hold up well, for more than a year. [What has this got to do with the price of cheese in Switzerland? I have no clue, but it seemed relevant when the thought entered my mind]. The point is, that if carbonation can leak out under pressure within a months time, nic can evaporate through the plastic within (the supposed) '2 year shelf-life' of the juice.

That said, I just had a friend use some 8 month old Chinese 36mg juice that was stored in a Chinese plastic bottle. He has not complained.

I am certainly glad that HG's finally upgraded the bubble wrap they use. I used to hold my breath while unwrapping delivery's. I don't even want to know what the old stuff was made from! lol

We use plastic for 10 / 15ml bottles, but once someone orders larger bottles (30ml and 60ml) then we move to a cobalt blue glass, it comes with a glass eyedropper top. I agree and use the plastic bottles for day time usage but the glass is nice when ordering large quantities I'm going to store, and the dropper is nice for filling up the little bottles.

Thank you! thumbsup.gif

All good points, but all the juice I've been ordering comes in the plastic bottles. I need to find a place where I can order bigger glass jars to store the juice in. I've been looking because of my concern over the plastic. Glad to see this thread going. Thanks everyone!

Fess up Nana - we all know you need a case of mason jars! ;)

HEY!!!! Brian, what a wonderful idea!! I can just see it now...a shelf lined with mason jars...filled with wonderfully colored ejuice...nicely labeled...with soft lights glowing above the jars...reflecting off the juice... Oh, the thought warms my heart. :innocent:

HEY!!!! Brian, what a wonderful idea!! I can just see it now...a shelf lined with mason jars...filled with wonderfully colored ejuice...nicely labeled...with soft lights glowing above the jars...reflecting off the juice... Oh, the thought warms my heart. :innocent:

ROFLMAO! Thanks - needed a good laugh today. Come home from work a little sick... some type of stomach virus, I think.

Wayne mentioned that they were about to upgrade to brown glass bottles and I quickly talked him out of it. Sure glass is better for long term storage, but it is too easy to spill and it is a nightmare when it breaks. Also, the colored bottles prevent you from seeing the true color of the juice (very important IMO). My biggest pet peeve is big labels that prevent you from seeing how much is left in the bottle.

Maybe, I just like looking at my juice. lol

I am a cheap bastard that drinks coke. When there is a good sale on, I buy a lot! I found that plastic 2 liters go stale within a month or two, while cans hold up well, for more than a year. [What has this got to do with the price of cheese in Switzerland? I have no clue, but it seemed relevant when the thought entered my mind]. The point is, that if carbonation can leak out under pressure within a months time, nic can evaporate through the plastic within (the supposed) '2 year shelf-life' of the juice.

That said, I just had a friend use some 8 month old Chinese 36mg juice that was stored in a Chinese plastic bottle. He has not complained.

I am certainly glad that HG's finally upgraded the bubble wrap they use. I used to hold my breath while unwrapping delivery's. I don't even want to know what the old stuff was made from! lol

Rusty,

While I agree that people like to see the color of the juice, clear bottles (either plastic or glass) can speed up the half-life process of deterioration from UV light. Think of e-juice as a beer, it will get skunky if left out in the sun.

@ Brian - Oh, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Just vape until you feel better - you know how good it is for your health. LOL

Eeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!! Skunky ejuice!! No thanks. There goes the idea for the Mason jars. Hmmmm. But, if they aren't in the sun? Hmmmmm. But.....who would want to take the chance of skunky ejuice. <shiver shiver shiver>