Trying things out

Edna

Hi Y'all!

I have an eleaf pico with a melo 3 tank. I'm trying to figure out what the setting mean and how to enjoy it. I'm vaping Vape Wild's Chocolate mint 6mg nic and 65 vg/35pg. I was using DFW vapors cool mint with 6mg and 60pg/40vg. and it spit and gurgled at me and I felt like I was sucking juice.

I also have a eleaf TC 40 that I was using the aspire clearomizer tanks on and didn't run into this problem. What's the difference. I got the pico because I could keep a spare battery with me unlike the TC40 where when it died I had to wait till it charged up. Since I'm freshly off cigs I didn't like the nic-fits in between.

Help! I'm not sure what I'm doing. I have the TC at 10watts but the pico I have at 23w otherwise I don't get the same flavor.

Suggestions please!

Thanks,

Edna

Can you post the exact coil you are using in the Melo?

do you know it's resistance?  Do you know if it is a Temperature control coil? 

Your pico and your TC 40 have "mode" settings.  Do you know if they are both on the same mode?

Yikes! Um....

I'm using the coil it came with it's a EC 0.3 ohm head I think or it's a 0.5 I'm not sure which was pre-installed.

I don't know about resistance but yes the TC40 has temp control and I believe the pico does too.

I guess for modes you mean VW/bypass/TC-n/TC-TI/TC-SS/TCR (copied off the box)

I don't believe they're set the same no.

Thanks for your help...I feel pretty clueless.

I have to admit though, after smoking for 43 years this is a godsend and I'll take the time to learn it to stay off the evil cigs!

Yes.  That is what I'm talking about.

sorry it's so complicated. But here is the simplest idea that you need to use with these complicated devices:

you need to know what material your coil is made from (Ka- kanthal, Ni - nickel, Ti - Titanium, SS - stainless steel) and then match the mode in your battery to that coil.  

So it's important to know what coil you are using.  If you do not match the modes with the coils you may get unpredictable results or different behaviors when you put your tank on different batteries.