eVic-VT with Uwell Crown tank

finnicholson

Are you using temp control coils (ss, Ni)?  Or are you using kanthal.  

If you are not using temp control then you want to set the vtc to regular power mode and set your wattage to roughly 25W and work up from there til you get a satisfying vape.

Edited by Bebop

Sorry just I re read your post.

You should set to TC mode set wattage at about 30 and temp to about 450.  Bump up the temp first if it's not enough. Then increase the wattage to maybe 35 - 40.

Edited by Bebop

Something wrong there.  That's a mystery.  Temp ceiling is usually about 600......

Mystery solved.  315 is degrees Celsius or the equivalent of 600 F

that is probably set too high.  Switch over to F.    Or set it to about 220 or something

Not higher temperature.  

TC is designed to shut down the coil at a specific temperature no matter the resistance.  .5 is kind of high resistance for a nickel coil.  Are you sure it's Nickel?  I might be some other temp control material such as titanium or stainless steel.  

In in any case, it shouldn't matter much difference. It's kind of unusual that a company make a .25 and a .5 nickel coil.  I can't speak authoritatively on this.  It just doesn't make much sense to me

Just an FYI, but the .25 and .5 coils are not Ni200, they are 316L-SS.  This could be your problem.  The .15 is a Ni200.  If you are trying to run SS in the Ni200 setting your temp numbers will be incorrect.

Are you using a VT or the VTC Mini?  The mini has SS settings if you use the latest upgrade.  If you are using the VT you might have much better luck with the .15 coils.

I run my VTC MIni with the Crown at 500F and 25 - 30 watts with the .5 SS coils.  I find if I have the airflow totally open the vape is quite cool, so I run it at about 50%

If you do not have a specific setting for temp control of stainless steel then You are safest to use power mode provided that your battery can handle the amp limit.  Personally I do not like to mix modes with materials not designed for that mode.  It is not reliable.  

The VTC mini is a great box mod that can handle Ni, Ti or SS as well as Kanthal.

As for wattage setting - that is more or less a matter of taste and experimentation.  It's a little like asking what should I set my thermostat in my house to? I don't know - where do you live? Alaska or the tropics?   At .25 ohm I would start at 35ish and work it up or down to taste.