The Amazing Tissue

Brian

Hey all. I've now been using my Spade for 7 days and it's been great. Nice to see what a good atty is like (after 4 bad ones). Anyhow, today I noticed I was starting to get less vapor and had more resistance than normal when taking a drag. Thinking back to all the discussion here about cleaning atty's, I started to wonder if maybe I should try something. I know there's no definitive best way and everyone has their own opinion and favorite method. Personally, I'd prefer not to fool with any cleaning, but may give it a try if I get a problem atty again. So, back at my desk I roll up a tissue and stick it in the atty. I didn't shove it in, just slid it in and applied a little pressure and left it for a few minutes. Man, I was amazed at how much stuff got absorbed on that tissue. So I did it again with the same results. Again and again. I bet I did this 10 times before the tissue came out completely dry. Went back outside (was a very nice day here today) to give it a try... put in 4 drops, took a few vapes, 2 drops, few more vapes, 2 more drops and WHAM - great vape and awsome flavor. What a surprise. I guess when you vape the same flavor 99% of the time you don't notice when the flavor isn't as strong. I was pretty shocked at the difference it made. That was early afternoon and it's still going strong tonight. Thought this may be a simple solution for anyone experiencing a sluggish atty.

Hey all. I've now been using my Spade for 7 days and it's been great. Nice to see what a good atty is like (after 4 bad ones). Anyhow, today I noticed I was starting to get less vapor and had more resistance than normal when taking a drag. Thinking back to all the discussion here about cleaning atty's, I started to wonder if maybe I should try something. I know there's no definitive best way and everyone has their own opinion and favorite method. Personally, I'd prefer not to fool with any cleaning, but may give it a try if I get a problem atty again. So, back at my desk I roll up a tissue and stick it in the atty. I didn't shove it in, just slid it in and applied a little pressure and left it for a few minutes. Man, I was amazed at how much stuff got absorbed on that tissue. So I did it again with the same results. Again and again. I bet I did this 10 times before the tissue came out completely dry. Went back outside (was a very nice day here today) to give it a try... put in 4 drops, took a few vapes, 2 drops, few more vapes, 2 more drops and WHAM - great vape and awsome flavor. What a surprise. I guess when you vape the same flavor 99% of the time you don't notice when the flavor isn't as strong. I was pretty shocked at the difference it made. That was early afternoon and it's still going strong tonight. Thought this may be a simple solution for anyone experiencing a sluggish atty.

Brian, thanks for advice, I also love my spade, I have had lots oh problems with atties as well, I read someone to store them on tissue at night upside down and so far so good for me, but I have in the past used the tissue thing too. Maybe we were in the group of bad attys going around, it sure was frustrating though.

Sounds to me like you are dripping way too much ,too much liquid will keep the element from getting up to temp. .Unscrew the atty and blow through it backwards into a tissue or paper towel to remove excess liquid.2 or 3 drops should get you 6 or 7 puffs .A lot of people are throwing away perfectly good attomizers .You can soak them in alcohol then rinse real good ,I use denture tabs then three or four soaks in hot water from my coffee maker,then let them drain /dry overnight on a paper towel.I am using a Joye 302 attomizer I bought in June and afte r a good cleaning works as good as a new one.

Edited by mcquinn

Brian, thanks for advice, I also love my spade, I have had lots oh problems with atties as well, I read someone to store them on tissue at night upside down and so far so good for me, but I have in the past used the tissue thing too. Maybe we were in the group of bad attys going around, it sure was frustrating though.

I had used a tissue to absorb some extra juice whenever I've flooded an atty (which was a lot when I had bad atty's), but never did what I did today. I had left this same atty upside down on a tissue over night, but not much came out. Glad you like your Spade - it really is amazing.

Sounds to me like you are dripping way too much

May have been, but I'm getting it figured out. Normally, I add juice when I get a burnt taste and big vapor increase. I normally do just use 2-3 drops, but since I had absorbed so much out I was worried about burning it up. It's working great now. I will definatley try one of your cleaning methods before throwing an atty away. I still have the 4 bad atty's (went through 4 in 10 days) and will try cleaning them before pitching them. I'm pretty sure two of them are fried, but the other two I think there may be some hope. Appreicate the advice!

Yeah, you'd be surprised how much gunk comes out of these things. I usually blow the atty out onto a paper towel before I go to bed, then set it upside down to drain overnight. This is pretty much the only maintenance I do and it's worked pretty well for me so far.

Moved to Tips and Tricks

Yeah, you'd be surprised how much gunk comes out of these things. I usually blow the atty out onto a paper towel before I go to bed, then set it upside down to drain overnight. This is pretty much the only maintenance I do and it's worked pretty well for me so far.

Moved to Tips and Tricks

I was originally cleaning mine out with a water pick but I don't like waiting for it to dry and I'm worried something might rust. I've been basically doing what you just described. I blow it out onto a piece of tp until I can't get anymore out, I get a Q-Tip and clean out any juice boogers inside, and then I let it drain over night.