Dry burning coils

VaporTron

You will like SS 316L wire, I have been using it a little over a week now. Its a little softer than Kanthal, but not near as soft as Ni200 its very easy to work with. The only time I dry burn it is when I build a new coil, and then just long enough so it quits smoking, not red hot. The nice thing about SS 316L is you can use it for TC and also dry burn if you want, Ni and Ti should not be dry burned. I only have 28g SS 316L and really like it, easy to work with and no taste. I may start using it exclusively.

I will be receiving 100ft of 0.3mm which i think is 26 awg but not sure atm

Looking into diff ss types and such

I would just not dry burn ss either. Just clean with alcohol before i wrap my coil

Getting some organic juice from ec blends water soluble and organic flavorings.

Been thinking a lot about (mostly darker) juice flavors staying in or coloring the lungs similiar the way tar or resin in analogs coars them. [Vaping some pumpkin spice one night and tasting it mid vape during a vape of a different flavor the next day]

I like to vape but dont want to vape unnecessary things or use unnecessary/hazardous metal types. IMHO I left smoking analogs for a safer alternative (vaping nicotine). I dont really want to vape pg or even flavors really. An hour into my vaping i can barely taste the flavor anyway

This article

http://hollandaptblog.com/2013/09/25/what-is-the-difference-between-304-316l-stainless-steel/

Says in comparison to 304 ss:

Stainless steels containing molybdenum are required in the manufacture of certain pharmaceuticals in order to avoid excessive metallic contamination.

So looks like 316l is better than the 304 IMO.

430 has a lower resistance than 316l and looks like it may not be suitable for TC because its electrical resistance doesn't change much with heat. I'm leaning towards SS 416 for vaping because it can be used for TC and wattage mode. What probably makes 316 usable for TC is the nickel content.

Edited by FXRich

So if it was the nickel content that makes it usable then 430 is a no go bc there is 0 nickel in it

Well i need to find which type of ss the rx200 is modeled after... and then order a dna tc mod

Why is there 200w? To take out ramp up time or to preheat the coil in 0.001 seconds?

I enjoy vaping 20watts up to 65 watts (on the rx200)

I think i want a dna so i can input the exact coil types and stuff. I may change my mind when my ss coil comes in and i complete all my dry burn tests!