Battery Mah Lesson

Brian

Can someone help me understand what the mAh on the batteries means? My spade came with 600mAh. I was just looking at the batteries for the Spade at the VT store and they're 360mah. What's the difference and what is the impact on performance? I want to get some spares to have handy, don't want to end up getting something less than what I have (performance wise).

Can someone help me understand what the mAh on the batteries means? My spade came with 600mAh. I was just looking at the batteries for the Spade at the VT store and they're 360mah. What's the difference and what is the impact on performance? I want to get some spares to have handy, don't want to end up getting something less than what I have (performance wise).

The higher the Mah the longer it will last before needing a charge.Most of the mods like a spade come with larger batteries than a regular E-Cig(100-280mah) for better and longer peak vapor with long battery life.

I have noticed this by swapping atties from a smaller E-cigs(BLU) to a larger Mah battery(510) thats compatible and their is a very noticeable increase in vapor..And a fresh battery on a Vapor King(280mah)with the same cartomizer as compared to a 1/2 used battery...

Hope this helps clear it up some for you....

The higher the Mah the longer it will last before needing a charge.Most of the mods like a spade come with larger batteries than a regular E-Cig(100-280mah) for better and longer peak vapor with long battery life.

I have noticed this by swapping atties from a smaller E-cigs(BLU) to a larger Mah battery(510) thats compatible and their is a very noticeable increase in vapor..And a fresh battery on a Vapor King(280mah)with the same cartomizer as compared to a 1/2 used battery...

Hope this helps clear it up some for you....

Yep - that explains it. Thanks again!

You can buy the batteries that came with the Spade here: TrustFire Protected 10440 "600mAh" 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack)

I'm wondering if there is a battery that can be used in the Spade that has more mAh than 600.

Edit: on the site it says,"Product print '600mAh', the exact capacity is 350mAh."

Edited by Schizophretard

You can buy the batteries that came with the Spade here: TrustFire Protected 10440 "600mAh" 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack)

I'm wondering if there is a battery that can be used in the Spade that has more mAh than 600.

Thanks - why does it say "- Product print '600mAh', the exact capacity is 350mAh" That means the battery in my spade is really 350mah?

Yes The Spade unit is 360mah unit (as stated on the VT store website) There was a mass printing of those batteries with "600 mah" on them. They are not 600mah. :)

Yea - I wasn't complaining - just trying to learn. My two spade batteries last me all day at work and I love the unit. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't buying something that would not last as long as what I have. Thanks for clearing up the printing err. Figured I better get a few extra's for safe keeping.

Hi,

Batteries are rated in two ways: voltage and amperage.

Trying to make this simple, consider 2 batteries: one for a small motorcycle or a lawn tractor, and a HUGE battery for marine usage, such as a trolling motor in a bass boat.

Voltage (unimportant here, but typically 12 vdc) would be the same. But the capacity of the battery charge (referred to as milli-amp-hours or mah) would be TREMENDOUS when you compare the trolling motor battery (used 12-18 hours continuously) to the smaller motorcycle battery (used only to START the motor before charging begins). The motorcycle battery WILL run the trolling motor - but only for minutes, NOT for hours.

Another way to interpret this technical detail might be this: an ice chest. A smaller, more portable ice chest might hold 12 bottles of beer, plus some ice. A HUGE ice chest might hold 12 *CASES* of beer, plus ice.

"Capacity" is the bottom line here.

I have my own experience to share: I have a portable telephone. It recharges its batteries whenever it's in the cradle (or base unit). The battery pack which came with the phone was a low rating ..... probably 600 mah. This allowed about 45 minutes of use for the phone. Then the battery pack "died".

I went to Batteries Plus (a local battery store) and asked them to BUILD new battery packs for me - using the HIGHEST mah rated batteries available - which happened to be 1800 mah. Result: it takes about 3x as long to completely recharge a totally empty battery pack - AND - once fully recharged, the batteries last for about a WEEK.

I hope this make sense. I really tried! LOL

Steve

Brian,

You can also use this charger TrustFire All-in-One Charger, so you can charge both your batteries while your vaping on a VP-PT that you can buy from Christopher.;) Unless our good man Christopher can recommend or sell a better charger that can charge two batteries. ;)

My VP/PT is on backorder with VT store. :( Also, both UBS PT's I got when I ordered my starter kits are also dead. So, will only need to charge one battery at a time until that VP/PT arrives, but will definatley consider a new charger in the future.

A smaller, more portable ice chest might hold 12 bottles of beer, plus some ice. A HUGE ice chest might hold 12 *CASES* of beer, plus ice.

Now you're talking my language!!! :beer:

Good explanation - appreciate it!

Hi,

I have this at Vaprlife's website, but I figured it was needing to help here.

some of the numbers are approximate, but it explains what matters.

The VP1 has360mah (milli amp Hours) meaning if you press the button and don't letup, it will supply 360 ma per hour. Now the 801 atomizer is roughly 3ohms, after tests the atomizers draw 1.4 amps when in use. So 1.4 x 3 =4.2 volts. A 360 mah battery can supply a device for 1 hour with a360ma draw. With a draw of 1400ma draw on these atomizers you get:360/1400 = 0.26 hours of life for that charge. Its the same on theVP2, it has a mah rating of 900mah. So 900ma/1400 = 0.64 hours of life.

So to summarize:

VP1 with button on will last ( 60 min x .26) = 15.6 minutes or 936 seconds VP2 with button on will last ( 60 min x .64) = 38.4 minutes or 2304 seconds

Of course you only press the button when you want a hit, right. If a hit is equal to 5 seconds to keep it simple.

VP1 (360mah) will give (936 sec/ 5 sec hits) = 187 hits, before changing battery VP2 (900mah) will give (2304 sec/ 5 sec hits) = 460 hits, before changing battery

A standard pen style e cig with 180 mah gives 180/1400 = 0.128 x 60 min = 7.68 min or 460 sec or 92 hits.

I know this was long, but there has been a lot of confusion on batteries.

I hope this helps with understanding batteries and their use with electronic cigarettes

Jeso