WHY DO PEOPEL PREFER TO USE STAINLESS STEEL COIL?

Everybody prefers what they like, I have heard that the SS coils have a cleaner taste, and don't require a break in period. I do know that Kangers new round coils for their Subtanks are going to be SS. I am waiting to get some 28g SS416L in vape mail, and will find out if I like SS.

I have found more cons than pros for titanium and nickel but for ss i have found very little but also ss is used to cook the food you eat!

And thats why its either kanthal or ss for me. I was in the vape shop looking at mods and the ss feature on tc was the tipping point for me, had to have it!

1 hour ago, JESSIE LAISIMO said:

WHY DO VAPERS LIKE TO STAINLESS STEEL COIL 

I am hoping it is easy to work with, and had no flavor effects.  I have moved from Kanthal to Ni200, now to Titanium. (I still run some factory Ni200 coils in a pinch)  In my opinion, the Titanium seems to be fairly easy to work with, but a bit springy.  It also has little to no effect on the flavor, and seems to make a tad more vapor/heat in the NEBOX, but, it didn't work as well with the built in curves in the ipvD2 and the VTC mini.

1 hour ago, FXRich said:

Everybody prefers what they like, I have heard that the SS coils have a cleaner taste, and don't require a break in period. I do know that Kangers new round coils for their Subtanks are going to be SS. I am waiting to get some 28g SS416L in vape mail, and will find out if I like SS.

I got a new box of the round SubTank coils.  They are called SSOCC coils.  The funny thing is, they are Ni200 coils.  I have read that the acronym stands for Stainless Steel Organic Cotton Coil.  So what is SS?  is it just the body?

I am ready for you to get the SS416L and report.  I currently don't have a mod that has the curve built in for SS.  I am not really interested in the DNA200's due to the need for 3 18650's or a LiPo.  I just don't want a mod that big.  I wish they would come out with a 50 watt/single 18650 version of the chip that we can use the Escribe software with.  The ability to use Steam Engine and build a custom curve to upload into a mod really seems cool to me.

Edited by jasonculp

Kanger has a new mod coming out in January sometime, 200w and TC for Ni, Ti, SS, and Nichrome, it uses 2 18650 batteries I believe VapeNW has a presale on for them. They seem to be pretty reasonable, I think they are around $60.00 I was thinking about it but don't need 200w they are a little bigger than the Subox Mini. I might get one anyway.

I guess its not a presale, just a preview.

Edited by FXRich

4 minutes ago, FXRich said:

Kanger has a new mod coming out in January sometime, 200w and TC for Ni, Ti, SS, and Nichrome, it uses 2 18650 batteries I believe VapeNW has a presale on for them. They seem to be pretty reasonable, I think they are around $60.00 I was thinking about it but don't need 200w they are a little bigger than the Subox Mini. I might get one anyway.

I will have to check it out.  I am just not much on dual 18650 mods.  I really prefer a smallish mod.  The ipvD2 is just about perfect, but I am really liking the NEBOX.  I wish they would improve it a bit, and re release it.  A bit more airflow, and a little better programming, clean up the machining, and this would be my dream rig.  I may try to drill out the RBA to get a bit more airflow.  The SSOCC coils have much better airflow.  I was thinking of getting a D3, but I just can't justify it.

The SSOCC coils in 0.15ohm are suppose to be Ni200, and the 0.5, 1.2, and the 1.5ohm are SS according to advertising I have seen. I like the size of the Subox mini, The Subox Platinum TC is the same size but 60w instead of 50w. I got one of those coming on a slow boat from China.

One of the things that turned me off about the NEBOX is no adjustable airflow.

Edited by FXRich

On 2015/12/12 at 1:44 PM, jasonculp said:

I will have to check it out.  I am just not much on dual 18650 mods.  I really prefer a smallish mod.  The ipvD2 is just about perfect, but I am really liking the NEBOX.  I wish they would improve it a bit, and re release it.  A bit more airflow, and a little better programming, clean up the machining, and this would be my dream rig.  I may try to drill out the RBA to get a bit more airflow.  The SSOCC coils have much better airflow.  I was thinking of getting a D3, but I just can't justify it.

SIGELEI IS GOING TO RELEASE MINI 150W TC FOR 90W WITH ONE SINGLE 18650 BATTERY. IT SEEMS AWAESOME. 

SIGELEI IS GOING TO RELEASE MINI 150W TC FOR 90W WITH ONE SINGLE 18650 BATTERY. IT SEEMS AWAESOME. 

I have been trying SS416l 28 g the past few days. I made a .5ohm coil for my Subtank RBA, it vapes really good, and good flavor. So far I haven't seen a downside to it. I normally don't dry burn but I did it out of curiosity, when I did I noticed the resistance went from .5 to .7 but after it cooled it went back down to .5 I guess that's why it can be used for TC. It seems to be easier to work with than Kanthal, not very springy at all. I might start using it exclusively because it can be used for power mode or TC mode.