New all around...

hicksvilleshick

I pulled the little card from the kanger box and it says the .5 can do 60 max. The juice I'm running right now has to be at 40 at least to taste right I'm trying some my friend sent from Texas that are mixed 25/75. I tried 12-14 watts and it wouldn't vape. Ohms on the nano tank (.5 coil) the mod says .67 is this ok?

13 minutes ago, FXRich said:

Right now I'm running a 1.0ohm coil in a Subtank Mini and only have it set on 8.5 watts. The Root Beer flavor in it Vapes really good at that wattage.

What is your juice mix ratio? Is that how you are able to run that low a wattage?

That ohm reading on the mod might not be right, some are some aren't, or the coil might be wrong the mod adjusts itself to match the coil. If the coil came with the tank it is probably the coil, the coils that come with the tanks aren't usually good coils. Some people don't use the coils that come with the tanks.

I'm running a 30PG/70VG mix

Are you using that mod in TC mode or Watt mode, some people new to vaping run a non TC coil in TC mode without knowing it.

Edited by FXRich

So in my triforce can I run the different mix, say the 70/30, but I'd just have to lower the wattage?

I've got the nano on the mod now and I'm sampling the other juices my friend sent me, It's awesome! I'm thinking I'll have to get a kanger box of some sort for the old lady and for me a spare since the pens don't have the adjustable wattage. I now understand why being able to adjust it is key. From what I can gleam from the interwebs, the subvod stick runs around 45 watts. Anyone know enough about them to support that?

What mix ratios are you guys running? None of what I have here at the house seem to let me run wattage as low as you guys are talking about.

That 70% is that PG or VG, PG gives more throat hit and flavor, the VG gives more vapor. I don't really know if you need higher watts for PG or for VG I have always used a high VG juice so don't really know if it makes a difference. I use a 30PG/ 70VG mix back when I used a 50/50 mix I didn't have a VW device just ego batteries.

As to your question about the wattage on the Subvod, The most volts it will put out when fully charged is about 4.2 volts using a .5 coil that would be about 35 watts according to Ohms law. As the voltage decreases the wattage will drop. Variable wattage mods can increase the voltage and thus increases the wattage, also Variable wattage mods can decrease the voltage to decrease the wattage. An example would be if you had a .5 coil at 15 watts it would only put out 2.7 volts no matter what the battery voltage is. There is also a efficiency factor involved with electronic mods.

I'm assuming the bigger number is the vg. Since the max vg is all the rage for the clouding and what ships tend to push. . Oh and no I'm running the mod in watt mode vs tc. I clearly went overkill on my box and tank setup, I don't regret it, but I'm just now getting up to speed on how to work it properly. Lol I think next time I go for more juice, which should be awhile out cause we have an abundance right now. Pineapple yum yum is my current flavor. I was going to tweak the ratios and had it worked out in my head what I was going to try but I've since seen a shiny object and lost it. Gonna try upping the pg in the mod, and maybe lowering it for the subvod. And thanks for working out the wattage on the subvod, that helps towards mix adjustments.

2 hours ago, hicksvilleshick said:

I'm assuming the bigger number is the vg. Since the max vg is all the rage for the clouding and what ships tend to push. . Oh and no I'm running the mod in watt mode vs tc. I clearly went overkill on my box and tank setup, I don't regret it, but I'm just now getting up to speed on how to work it properly. Lol I think next time I go for more juice, which should be awhile out cause we have an abundance right now. Pineapple yum yum is my current flavor. I was going to tweak the ratios and had it worked out in my head what I was going to try but I've since seen a shiny object and lost it. Gonna try upping the pg in the mod, and maybe lowering it for the subvod. And thanks for working out the wattage on the subvod, that helps towards mix adjustments.

Don't get too hung up on the numbers, they will drive you crazy.

On the juice, if you need a bit more throat hit, up the PG.  If it isn't satisfying your cravings up the Nicotine.  If it is too harsh up the VG.  If you are getting dizzy or sick to your stomach, lower you Nicotine (or slow down vaping a bit).

On the mod, if it is too cool, turn it up.  If starts tasting burnt, turn it down.

I don't mean to sound like I am over simplifying this, but we all do it.  I am one of the worst, but I am getting better.  If I put a tank on one TC mod and set it to 400F, and then put it on another, I expect it to be the same...it never is.  Every tank, every mod, every juice, and sometimes every coil is different.  You will eventually get used to what works for that juice in that tank, on that mod and have a good estimate, but you will still catch yourself turning it up and down a bit through out the day.

Yeah I've found the taste changes constantly. Hit it for awhile and it hearts up and changes, them when it cols down is back to finding the sweet spot.

I think I'm going to ask for more pg vs the 10/90 mix, but purely for more flavor. Constant adjustment has been the norm. Lol 

Edited by hicksvilleshick

When I started I used 60PG/40VG.  I moved down to 50/50 and stayed there for a long time.  I then jumped on the High VG band wagon, and stayed there a long time.  I have now settled on either 50/50 or 60VG/40PG.  I do get a better flavor with the higher PG, plus I like the throat hit.  It also will wick in just about any tank with minimal effort.  I am not into clouds, but I use devices that are high airflow and do produce quite a bit of vapor, so I have to be a bit more discrete in public.

I don't know if this has anything to do with what we are discussing but a few months ago I did some research, I found out the boiling point of VG is 554f, and PG has a boiling point of 370f so it does make sense that it takes more heat to vaporize VG than PG. But here's something else to consider some of the juices that I mix do not have PG in them, instead I use flavors using a water/alcohol base, instead of using 20% flavor I use 25% flavor, and they seem to vaporize at a much lower temperature. Which makes sense because water boils at 212f and alcohol boils at 173f. Most of the juices I mix still use a PG/VG mix, but I started to use non PG flavor because a Friend has reactions to PG, and I found I liked some of the flavors. Right now I'm vaping a Root Beer juice that has 70% VG 25% non PG flavor, and 5% distilled water. I'm using 8.5 watts and getting a good vape with good flavor.

Also the coils seem to last longer using a non PG flavor.

Edited by FXRich

I can see that. We went from try conditions to 100% humidity here and I've noticed the difference. So you mix your own juices? That has to be fun. Root beer flavor sounds awesome. I've become a huge fan of the pineapple yum yum from my local shop. Also smurfsblood. That's good stuff too.

I'm semi retired so I have lots of spare time so I started to mix my own juice, and of course friends want me to mix for them too. I have come up with lots of different combinations some good some not so good. But it has saved me lots of money so I guess it was worth it.

1 hour ago, FXRich said:

I don't know if this has anything to do with what we are discussing but a few months ago I did some research, I found out the boiling point of VG is 554f, and PG has a boiling point of 370f so it does make sense that it takes more heat to vaporize VG than PG. But here's something else to consider some of the juices that I mix do not have PG in them, instead I use flavors using a water/alcohol base, instead of using 20% flavor I use 25% flavor, and they seem to vaporize at a much lower temperature. Which makes sense because water boils at 212f and alcohol boils at 173f. Most of the juices I mix still use a PG/VG mix, but I started to use non PG flavor because a Friend has reactions to PG, and I found I liked some of the flavors. Right now I'm vaping a Root Beer juice that has 70% VG 25% non PG flavor, and 5% distilled water. I'm using 8.5 watts and getting a good vape with good flavor.

Also the coils seem to last longer using a non PG flavor.

This makes sense to me.  It seems I run a higher wattage, lower nicotine, and vape a whole lot more of the High VG juices.  I am kinda strange in the fact that I seem to have more issues in my throat with higher VG juices than I do with high PG juices.  I don't have pain, or problems, but will start to loose my voice on days where I am chain vaping.  It also could be that I am not drinking enough water.  I tend to drink much less when I am working in the store.  I also drink much more coffee.  When I am on the road, I am a water recycling machine.  I feel guilty stopping at a convenience store to get rid of the last bottle of water that I drank, so I buy another, and the cycle continues all day, and into the night. ;)

I also have a lot of trouble in the summer with my 50/50 juices due to the high temperature in the car.  I can't take my mod out of the car and into a plant, or a customers' place, so I leave it in the car.  I have learned to store them tank down in an insulated can coozie in my cup holder.  It isn't perfect, but it is better than coming back to the car and finding it all leaked into my mod and cup holder.  This time of the year the problem will be the opposite and my juice will get so thick, that it won't wick properly.

I've noticed ambient temp had an effect too. I run parts all over an aircraft plant here so I'm in and out alot and some of the buildings are super tight on temp control. And I've noticed when I chain vape and get the tank heated how it changes the viscosity. I'm loving this mod with the triforce, again I'm no cloud chaser, but even with my limited lung capacity it's pretty darn impressive. My rig seems to put the people at works to shame. Lol

5 hours ago, hicksvilleshick said:

....I run parts all over an aircraft plant here so I'm in and out alot and some of the buildings are super tight on temp control. And I've noticed when I chain vape and get the tank heated how it changes the viscosity....

That is cool, one of fascinations is General Avaition aircraft, well all aircraft...  It must be cool to see them made!

Sorry, not vape related!

No apologies required. It is pretty crazy to see, especially when they load say sections that are built that include the cockpit and say the first few rows or first class I guess, and they put more than one of those built sections into a plane (dreamlifter) to be flown to Washington to be finished. 

Seeing what the parts go thru, I'm not likely to ever get on a plane again. Lol, but that could just be the truck driver in me. I dog this gig, but I miss putting 700 miles of asphalt under a truck every day.  Lol

13 minutes ago, hicksvilleshick said:

No apologies required. It is pretty crazy to see, especially when they load say sections that are built that include the cockpit and say the first few rows or first class I guess, and they put more than one of those built sections into a plane (dreamlifter) to be flown to Washington to be finished. 

Seeing what the parts go thru, I'm not likely to ever get on a plane again. Lol, but that could just be the truck driver in me. I dog this gig, but I miss putting 700 miles of asphalt under a truck every day.  Lol

That is cool.

I grew up in a family "crop dusting" business.  It has given me a fascination for all things aviation, and a lot opportunities that I did not take advantage of...lol

I guess your job is a lot like they say, "Never go into the kitchen of your favorite restaurant", but a little more serious!

I am a sales man, well really a business to business rep., so I, like you really enjoy the road.  I only drove about 4-500 a day.  I really miss it too.  I am currently managing a software installation for our business.  I hope to be back on the road in a few months...lol

12369263_10201065292189926_5633037865262

Watching one of those take off is pretty scary, I keep waiting for it to fall back to the ground, it looks like they barely move... Plus with the tail opening like that, I'd like to not ever ride in it. lol

Oh and here's something I need ya'all to clue me in on, where can I source replacement coils other than my local shop? I can find coils for the kangers easily enough, but I can't seem to find what I know would work for sure for the triforce tank.... Still not noticing much difference between the .2 or .5's. but I'd like to find a online source where I can get the 5 packs.

VaporKings, Subtanksupply, and vaporcouncil have them but they are $5.00 each no matter if you buy 1 or if you buy a 5 pack. You should watch them test the planes at Boeing, I didn't think a 757 could do barrel rolls, and loops, they must have some very good pilots.

Vapor Shark is the cheapest I found $22.49 for a 5 pack.

Edited by FXRich

Cool. I think I finally stumbled on a place to get a 5 pal and yeah they are 5 bucks a pop. How do you know when a coil is spent? Like right now I'm chasing wattage all over, I seem to only be getting intermittent flavor. I'm sure this first coil is going to have a short life span cause I'm constantly using it, but I still haven't figured out what a dry hit is, or what burning cotton tastes like yet. Lol

yeah watching a 747 doing rolls and tricks would be freaky. Not a ride I'd want to take.

If you are using TC you probably won't get a dry hit or experience burnt cotton. If you are using watt mode eventually you will run out of juice without knowing it and then you will know what a dry hit is and what burnt cotton tastes like.

Ok. Yeah I managed somehow today to get a dry hit. Tank had plenty of juice so I'm not sure what the deal was, but it only did it once.

And just so I'm clear, it won't hurt my triforce tank to run the 70/30 mix? And vice versa with the nano tank? The nano has the .5 coil and the triforce has the .2. I haven't been brave enough to try the nickel coil to run in tc mode yet, I kinda agree with whoever told me they avoid it as nickel isn't real good for us humans.  isn't there another kind of coil (non nickel) I can run tc mode on?