Nickel wire caution

VaporTron

Interesting videos.  You can tell he did a lot of internet research a while back.  Many of his concerns have been addressed, and he is misinformed about NiChrome.  It is probably as widely used, as Kanthal in pre-made coils, if not more so.  He also missed the reports and study by Dr Farsalinos and Pedro Carvalho that shows oxidation of dry burned Kanthal coils has possibility of many health risks.  There are quite a few developers out there trying to do a Kanthal temp control, and Aspire claims to be close, but it is going to take some big changes in technology.  You need a different type of connector to couple an atomizer to a device.  He also left out some of the more promising forms of Stainless Steel that is looking like they will have the proper coefficient of resistance to work with proper temperature curves.

Bottom line is there is much unknown about the long term effects of Vaping.  There is nothing that is totally safe to put in your body.  We must weigh our risks to determine what is most healthy option for us.  For me, vaping has been a God send.  My health has improved greatly since I have quit smoking and I have the numbers to back it up.

I forgot to add, we do cook with nickel, 304 stainless is 8% nickel.  He also claimed that aluminum did not leech into food, it does, try cooking tomato sauce in an aluminum pot...

Edited by jasonculp