Help with my new gear ?

jackwegener345

746c485d1b330f92441bd36697dffaed.jpg

Hey everybody I'm jack I currently just bought an iPV D2, an aspire triton 2, and a 5 pack of Sense Herakles sub-Ohn Tank coils with rating 0.6 ohms 50-100W. My questions are as followed what is the difference between running joules or watts ? What joule or watt is typically okay to run as the same goes for temperature ? What kind of coils are these titanium or nickel ? A few answers would be greatly appreciated thanks everyone.

-Jack

Hi Jack... welcome to VT!

First of all, the coils you bought are for the Herakles Sense tank, not for the Triton/Triton2 tanks.  To my knowledge you cannot use those coils in the Triton, as they will not fit.

The IPV D2 is a temp-control device, for use with Ni200 or Ti coils, but can be used with standard Kanthal coils (like your Triton came with) if you use it in Wattage mode... Kanthal cannot be used in Temp-control mode.  The 1.8 Ohm coils seem to like between 8 and 15W, depending on your juice and the air-flow setting.

The Triton2 seems to be a really good upgrade over the original Triton (which had issues), and the D2 is an excellent device for wattage or temp-control vaping.

Hi Jack,

Welcome to Vapor Talk.

1 hour ago, jackwegener345 said:

My questions are as followed what is the difference between running joules or watts ?

Joules is an incorrect term use by the chip manufacturer to represent power.  Just think of Joules as Watts for now.  With the coils you have you should be running the D2 in power mode (Watts).  You need to buy Ni200 coils to run in Joules (Temperature) mode.

I would prime my coils, and let the mod sit with juice in it for a while, and start the mod in watts mode around 15 watts.  Slowly work your way up, or down until you enjoy it.

If you decide to use the Temprature Control you will need to get a Triton Ni200 coil, or a Herakles Ni200 coil (this is what I use in my SauceCode)  There may be others that will work, but I know those 2 will work.  The coils you have now are either Kantal or Nichrome, which will not work with Temp Control.

7 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

@jasonculp So, the Herakles coils will work in the TritonV1/V2?  See, I wasn't sure...

I personally can't verify it, but the Herakles coils fit my SauceCode, and so do the Triton Coils. Here is the list I have found (please don't hold me personally responsible if they don't work, it isn't my list)

Aspire Atlantis
Aspire Atlantis V2
Aspire Atlantis Mega
Aspire Triton
Aspire Triton V2
Smokme Subverter Mini
Tobeco Super Tank
Tobeco Super Tank Mini
Vapeston Maganus.
Freemax Starre
Freemax Starre Pro.
Anyvape SegaTank
Anyvape Fury Tank
Eleaf Melo
Eleaf iJust2
Project Sub Ohm Saucecode
Science of Vaping Eclipse
Sense Tech Herakles.
Beyond Vape Silo Beast
EHPRO & Eciggity Morph Tank
Amigo Donner 22
Vapor-Tek Morpheus
Vapor-Tek Morpheus V2
Sunone Sking Square
Thunderhead Creations-Thunderstorm Tank
Ovancl Espole
Playboy Vixen
Gigue Aeolus Tank
Gigue Aeolus Mini

Some of these tanks use top treads on the coils so they are not truly compatible both ways.  If I understand it correctly the Triton/Triton2 does not use the top threads (I don't have one, only the RBA)

The flavor has as much to do with the device settings as the coil does. I'm assuming you are using the same juice that had used in your emow. The big difference here is the coil type. The emow uses Kanthal. The unit you have now uses the Ni200 or Titanium coils. These work best in Temp mode and not watts. I would suggest you switch to temp mode starting with 450 degrees Fahrenheit at 20watts. Work your temp setting from there till you get the flavor back. If this just won't give you the flavor you want you may want to  go with a Kanthal coil. Try putting the tank from your emow on this unit to test.