Which Is Your Favorite Mod & Why?

fatalis

I'm still trying to decide on a MOD and I thought you guys could help me out by telling me which is your favorite out of all the ones that have not been discontinued! Thanks!

Do you have a preference on your atomizers? Not all mods have adapters like the VP series to allow the use of multiple kinds of attys (though you may be able to find a generalized adapter somewhere that would work, I haven't looked myself). Also are you looking for a specific voltage? If you just want an all around good solid mod that gives you options I would recommend the VP1 or VP2, both solid units (I have had a VP for over a month now and still love it). If you want something like a 5V battery mod unit check out the Prodigy from PureSmoker. Or maybe wait and see what is in store for us with the Maserati and the Joker being released early next year.

Hey Fatalis, I have a few mods. If you like the 510, then I would probably go with the Spade (use it during the day @ work). For longer battery life I have the VP2. Or if you are somewhere where you don't need portability you could go w/ the VP PT. (Can you tell I like VT products?) You can't go wrong w/ the quality. Let me know if you have any other ??? Mark

I personally love the Protege from Puresmoker. I've tried them all, Janty Stick, 905, VP2, and the Protege. I find myself using that more than anything; although, that's not to say the others don't work great.

It's all a matter of opinion, heck, I use a 901 adapter on my Protege.

Edited by NeRo9k

Do you have a preference on your atomizers? Not all mods have adapters like the VP series to allow the use of multiple kinds of attys (though you may be able to find a generalized adapter somewhere that would work, I haven't looked myself). Also are you looking for a specific voltage? If you just want an all around good solid mod that gives you options I would recommend the VP1 or VP2, both solid units (I have had a VP for over a month now and still love it). If you want something like a 5V battery mod unit check out the Prodigy from PureSmoker. Or maybe wait and see what is in store for us with the Maserati and the Joker being released early next year.

I guess I would be using either a 901 or 510 atty with it and as for voltage, something higher than a regular 510 batt, but lower than a 6v. What are the options, do they come in a 4x volt or just a 5? If the next highest after a "normal ecig batt" is 5, than I guess I'm looking for a 3.7-5V?

I personally love the Protege from Puresmoker. I've tried them all, Janty Stick, 905, VP2, and the Protege. I find myself using that more than anything; although, that's not to say the others don't work great.

It's all a matter of opinion, heck, I use a 901 adapter on my Protege.

I'm really curious, do you notice a difference between using a 901 atty and a 510 atty on your mods? If so, then what are the differences? Thanks! :)

My favorite mod is the reticulated blue foam mod (fish tank mod) with the straw mod (for good measure), as I once went 16 drops between cart top-offs with it! [3-4 drops max with stock filler].

I see no reason for not having an adjustable voltage, regulated - high voltage mod.

I believe that 6v is too high for the atty life-span and for the user, as higher temps can produce unhealthy chemicals. - IMO.

I like my auto 901s at 4.2v. The 905 MOD measures 3.7v and is very wimpy. The 901 manuals have a cut-off that I dislike.

4.5v would be a dam good trade-off. Maybe crank it up to 4.8v when you have a real cravings or stress.

I have read that the 510 is better. I tried some, alongside the 901 for over a month. I can not explain how, but I did not get my desired throat-hit with the 510s. So, I sold the used 510s to a guy that was using a 901. Now he swears that the 510 is better. Go figure!

Regular 510/901 batts are rated 3.7v 180mAh but charge-up to 4.2v. The 3.7v ratings refer to the voltage when no longer fully charged like a typical 1.5v batt.

Hoping to be helpful.

BTW fatalis your signature is well, funny and good.

Edited by RustyVape

well if you want to try a 5v mod, take a look at the GLV. I have one, and just love it. I got it with the 510, then bought an adapter to go to a 901, and have found my new favorite atty. This (to me) is the perfect set-up, the flavors have come to life, for instance DIY Flavorshacks mallomars, which was good at 3.7, just rock at 5v. I can really taste the marshmallow now that I couldn't distinguish before. There are so many and this probably isn't going to be a very easy decision for you, but be patient and you won't go wrong.

My favorite mod is the reticulated blue foam mod (fish tank mod) with the straw mod (for good measure), as I once went 16 drops between cart top-offs with it! [3-4 drops max with stock filler].

I see no reason for not having an adjustable voltage, regulated - high voltage mod.

I believe that 6v is too high for the atty life-span and for the user, as higher temps can produce unhealthy chemicals. - IMO.

I like my auto 901s at 4.2v. The 905 MOD measures 3.7v and is very wimpy. The 901 manuals have a cut-off that I dislike.

4.5v would be a dam good trade-off. Maybe crank it up to 4.8v when you have a real cravings or stress.

I have read that the 510 is better. I tried some, alongside the 901 for over a month. I can not explain how, but I did not get my desired throat-hit with the 510s. So, I sold the used 510s to a guy that was using a 901. Now he swears that the 510 is better. Go figure!

Regular 510/901 batts are rated 3.7v 180mAh but charge-up to 4.2v. The 3.7v ratings refer to the voltage when no longer fully charged like a typical 1.5v batt.

Hoping to be helpful.

BTW fatalis your signature is well, funny and good.

Thank, it's one of my favorite sayings :P