New and Advice on how to smoke it!

I have searched the internet and can not find an answer to this question.  I am a pack a day of regular cig. smoker.  I have purchased a non-disposable e-cig with a battery, charger, chamber for the liquids and two liquids, one 12mg nicotine and the other 16mg of nicotine to mix for the flavor. (They are cheap and I can already tell I will be buying higher quality liquids).  I want to be able to smoke this thing like I would a regular cig.  Like sit for 5-7 minutes with coffee or a drink, puff on it and put it down until the next time I would normally smoke a regular cig.  I want to know what levels of nicotine I should use to smoke it in this manner so I don't get too much nicotine at one time and feel bad from too much.  I have been putting off using it much until I get an answer to this question.  I am older and take meds to control a fast heart rate, so I want to be careful with the nicotine level while I am quitting the regular cigs.  So far I've just played with it, taken a puff or two, coughed a lot and put it down. Thanks.:rolleyes:

To begin with, to clarify something, you don't "smoke" these.  You "vape".  Second, you will probably need to provide much more information as to your equipment in order to get proper vaping assistance.  Again, not intending to demean your post, just correcting improper terminology.  I'm sure you will get the answers you need as the day progresses.  Welcome to VaporTalk.  You can learn much by reading past posts and asking questions of the friendly and much more knowledgeable guys n gals in here than myself.

Welcome!

Your info is pretty vague as to your set-up and equipment, so if you want specifics, you'll need to tell us the type of battery, tank, and resistance of your coil.

As for Nicotine... if you want to "casually" vape, you'll want to go with a VERY high Nicotine level... I would suggest 24-36mg if you only intend to vape it 5-7 min every hour... and honestly that will NOT work for cessation, IMO.  Your best chance of success will be to use a Nicotine level from 18-36mg, flavor you like, and vape on it whenever you feel the urge to smoke.  36mg levels of Nicotine should not affect your heart-rate, especially if you're on a Beta-blocker like Coreg.  Several members here regularly vape 24mg all day long (and have for years), and have no ill effects.  It's roughly the equivalent Nicotine from a pack-a-day of full-flavor, unfiltered analogs.

Give us some more info, and we'll be able to give more answers :)

Edited by Earthling789

Thanks for the replies. Equipment is eTron, 900 battery and CE5 Tank.  That is all I know about my equipment-I am willing to buy better but this is an easy draw/inhale for me compared to the disposables I had tried.  If there are healthier ones, I am happy to purchase. Yes, Vaping Veteran I am on a beta-Blocker-Toprol XL 25mg once daily.  I purchased this equipment to stop tobacco use, but again, wanted to know levels if nicotine to use as not to increase heart rate no more than a real cig. does so your answer above has helped me determine what may be ok for me.  Yes I will use it when I feel the urge to smoke, but the times I currently smoke too much like on the phone or in the car or having coffee or a drink is when I was concerned about vaping too much or too often or the level of the nicotine.  Hope that made sense.

Sorry if I don't use the correct lingo yet.  All so very new to me but trying and had been reading other's posts for new members.  Thanks for the help and I'll answer any other questions that may be helpful.

Welcome to Vapor Talk!

I agree that with Aufin, and Earthling789, a little more information would be helpful.

I also take that type medication, Cardizem.

I can only tell you how it worked for me.  I wanted to quit pretty bad, so I got a cheap setup with some cheap juice 12mg to be exact.  It seemed to help a bit, but not great.  I was getting into the car one day and dropped it, and broke it. (This is the reason we preach about backups, and backups for backups around here)  I went to town and found a vape shop and bought a new setup.  This was before I found Vapor Talk.  The girl in there gave me some super advice, that worked for me.  She told me to boost my nicotine to 24 or 36 mg/ml and change my flavor to something that tasted "good" not like tobacco.  It was harsh to me and made me cough, but I stuck with it.  She also told me to drink massive amounts of water to help to remove the toxins from my system.  She said to vape it until I felt the effects of the nicotine.  I was till smoking at the time, but I was down from 50 a day to around 10.  I kept at it.  It would make me a bit woozy, but I noticed every time I smoked a cigarette, I felt bad and it tasted terrible.  I would vape in between and it slowly got longer and longer between cigarettes.  I messed around like this for a couple weeks.  I finally got so that I only needed 3 cigarettes a day, one in the morning, at lunch and before bed.  It was at this time I ran out of cigarettes and was determined not to buy them again.  It worked!

The CE5 and the battery is a pretty good start.  I personally would check out the Vapor Talk Store, and possibly pick up a Vision Spinner and a couple of Kanger Protank Mini 3's.  They will work with the eTron and the Vision will give you a little longer run time between charges.  This will also give you a backup up, and you can charge one while using the other.  The possibilities are endless when it comes to Tank/Battery combinations, and you can step up as you go.  The more stealthy batteries like the iStick 30 (one of many great small "box" mods) will last all day and fit in the palm of your hand (and will work with your tank).  Tanks are the same way as you progress your vaping you may require less nicotine and more vapor, this is where the setups like the SubTank Mini Kits come in.

Dig around the the internet for deals and come back and ask questions.  Most of us are kinda nuts for finding the best deals, and the best equipment, from reputible sources.

One of the more important things, is to come back and ask questions.  There is a lot of different people with different styles of vaping and a lot of good experience that will be more than happy to help!

Edited by jasonculp

Thank you for your story and recommendations.  It has really helped.  To complete my start up, I plan to purchase one or two of the Kanger Protank 3 Mini as you recommended.  I received an offer for the Bekuali (spelling?) Starter Kit at a very good price.  Would you recommend I get that or just go ahead and get the Vision Spinner since it works with the e Tron.  It seems I will then have a backup but I would like to know what you recommend.  Thank You So Much!

The BeKuali kit looks pretty good, but I actually know nothing about it.  I hope someone will come along and give some more information.  The batteries are a little on the small size at 550 mah.  It looks like a Kanger EMUS.  I have never used one of these, but from what I am reading the tanks have a male 510 thread.  Your current battery has both ego (the large male threads on the outside of your battery) and 510 threads which is the smaller female threads in the center of your battery.  If you purchase this kit you would be able to use your battery (it will look a bit strange) with the new tank, and the included battery also.  You will not be able to use your current CE5 with the new battery.  The new battery only has the smaller internal threads. (510)

I wish I was more help, and hope someone who uses devices in this range can add some more information to help you make your decision.  The tank/atomizer is the thing that makes the vapor and determines the flavor and is really one of the most important parts of the setup.  The battery just supplies the power.  I do prefer an adjustable voltage battery so you can turn the volts up and down to better suit your needs.

The problem with the Kanger Protank mini with the Bekuali kit is that you are going to have a mess of different threads.  The Protank minis use ego threads and the BeKuali uses 510.  Here is a picture I stole off the web that shows the 2 different styles of threads:

ego_vs_510.thumb.jpg.c6a0019212ca1c8db03

Look at the pictures and try to keep most of your equipment so they will work together.  This can keep you from getting in a jam later if you need to swap batteries and tanks around.

I recommend the Spinner, or any stick-style (eGo) battery over 1000mAh capacity, rather than the smaller BeKuali kit's batteries.  Yes, they work well, and are from a reputable company, but they are short capacity, so they'll only last half-a-day to a day at most before needing to be charged.  Another couple of good suggestions for batteries are the iStick 30W, Wismec Presa 40W, and the MVP-series batteries from Innokin... I cannot recommend the MVP high enough, and I recently received a Presa as a prize, and liked it so much that I bought two more!  All of these will work with 510 connection tanks, and have adapters to allow you to use the eGo threaded tanks such as the KPT3-minis (which I also highly recommend).