Temp Control Vs. Watts

Hello everyone i am looking into purchasing a new Variable Wattage mod, and doing my research i am coming across more and more Temp Control devices. I was wondering whats the benefits/cons to getting a temp control device, and how it works as far as using the device. Thanks.

Welcome to VT Lateralus,

Yes, there is a ton of great information in the thread Cany posted.  Knowing other new members will possibly see this thread and want to know the same thing, I decided to go ahead and answer here, though.

One huge benefit a TC device has over a variable wattage device is that TC devices will generally run in both temp control mode and in variable wattage mode.  It's almost like getting two devices in one.  That way, if you end up not liking temp control then you can still use that device for vaping.  A variable wattage only device won't allow you to do that, though.  At least not without a firmware upgrade to the chip in the device and I'm not sure if all chips can be upgraded.

To use your specific example of low wattage, low wattage generally means slower ramp times; temp control help you avoid dry-burning and allows you to pump as much power as you like into your coil to ramp temperature faster without risk. 

BTW, The purity of the NI200 coil and the coefficient rate setting will directly effect the result of the temp control in XCUBE II which I have tested. I'm sure the temp control function on X CUBE II is good enough not like M80.

Edited by adabella