I want big clouds

Cloudchasing

I'm kinda new to vaping, maybe two months in. I want to make big clouds, and from what I've seen I need a rba/ rda for that. I'm lean towards an rda. I have a itaste mvp 20w so my question is what rda should I get and for max cloud where should my power level be?

I'm kinda new to vaping, maybe two months in. I want to make big clouds, and from what I've seen I need a rba/ rda for that. I'm lean towards an rda. I have a itaste mvp 20w so my question is what rda should I get and for max cloud where should my power level be?

First, welcome to VT.  You've come to a great site.  There are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable people here that will be more than willing to help get you pointed in the right direction.  Just be forewarned - everybody's vaping experience is different, so you're likely to get a variety of different answers because so much of the vaping experience is purely subjective. 

There are lot of variables that factor into producing big clouds, including what each individual considers to be a "big cloud".  I'm only going to cover two or three of those variables because I know myself, and I tend to be over-descriptive. 

As I already mentioned, many things about vaping are subjective; "big clouds" are one of those things.  What I might consider to be a huge cloud very well be laughed at by people during a cloud competition (I'm not assuming you want "cloud comp" size clouds, I'm just using that as an example).  I have also talked to people at shops who thought they wanted big clouds when what they were really after were dense clouds.  I was actually one of those people at one time.  My personal "cloud" preference is dense.  I honestly don't care how big the cloud is.

Now, if go ahead and assume you are talking about "cloud comp" size clouds, then the main problem you are going to run into is the fact you are using an itaste mvp 20w.  Cloud comp size clouds typically require sub-ohm coils.  These days, a lot of the "cloud chasers" are building dual coils to .05 ohms and even lower in their rda's and they are using unregulated mech mods or box mods or the are using high wattage regulated devices.  If I recall correctly, the itaste mvp 20w only fires down to 1 ohm.  Does that mean you can't get big clouds with an itaste mvp 20w?  Not necessarily, but again, that depends entirely on what you consider to be a big cloud.

Higher VG content in your liquid is all but a guarantee that your clouds will be larger, even when vaping at 1 ohm or higher.  I vape anywhere from 50/50 PG/VG liquids to liquids that are over 90% VG.  For me, (and in theory, this should hold true for anybody), I know that if I go from my a 50/50 PG/VG liquid in my Lemo with a .7 coil to a 20/80 PG/VG liquid in the same tank with the same coil at the same wattage, my clouds are going to be bigger because the VG is essentially the "cloud" agent. 

Another factor is inhale technique.  A mouth-to-lung hit is less likely to produce as much vapor as a direct lung-hit.  Using the same set-up example and liquid blends from above, a 3 second direct lung hit with the 50/50 PG/VG liquid is not going to produce as much vapor as a 3 second direct lung hit with a 20/80 PG/VG liquid, but if I take a 7 second direct lung hit on the 50/50 liquid, I can get a comparable cloud to a 3 second direct lung hit on a 20/80 liquid. 

The best advice I can give right now is to take a look at a higher wattage device before you start diving into the world of RBA's.  Possibly take a look at some sub-ohm tanks.  There is a huge selection of affordable, quality regulated devices and a seemingly even bigger selection of sub-ohm tanks on the market that will help you get bigger clouds with the right setup.  That would be the right setup for you...not the right setup according to recommendations online or recommendations. 

I know I was long-winded, but I hope the info helps point you in the right direction.

First, welcome to VT.  You've come to a great site.  There are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable people here that will be more than willing to help get you pointed in the right direction.  Just be forewarned - everybody's vaping experience is different, so you're likely to get a variety of different answers because so much of the vaping experience is purely subjective. 

There are lot of variables that factor into producing big clouds, including what each individual considers to be a "big cloud".  I'm only going to cover two or three of those variables because I know myself, and I tend to be over-descriptive. 

As I already mentioned, many things about vaping are subjective; "big clouds" are one of those things.  What I might consider to be a huge cloud very well be laughed at by people during a cloud competition (I'm not assuming you want "cloud comp" size clouds, I'm just using that as an example).  I have also talked to people at shops who thought they wanted big clouds when what they were really after were dense clouds.  I was actually one of those people at one time.  My personal "cloud" preference is dense.  I honestly don't care how big the cloud is.

Now, if go ahead and assume you are talking about "cloud comp" size clouds, then the main problem you are going to run into is the fact you are using an itaste mvp 20w.  Cloud comp size clouds typically require sub-ohm coils.  These days, a lot of the "cloud chasers" are building dual coils to .05 ohms and even lower in their rda's and they are using unregulated mech mods or box mods or the are using high wattage regulated devices.  If I recall correctly, the itaste mvp 20w only fires down to 1 ohm.  Does that mean you can't get big clouds with an itaste mvp 20w?  Not necessarily, but again, that depends entirely on what you consider to be a big cloud.

Higher VG content in your liquid is all but a guarantee that your clouds will be larger, even when vaping at 1 ohm or higher.  I vape anywhere from 50/50 PG/VG liquids to liquids that are over 90% VG.  For me, (and in theory, this should hold true for anybody), I know that if I go from my a 50/50 PG/VG liquid in my Lemo with a .7 coil to a 20/80 PG/VG liquid in the same tank with the same coil at the same wattage, my clouds are going to be bigger because the VG is essentially the "cloud" agent. 

Another factor is inhale technique.  A mouth-to-lung hit is less likely to produce as much vapor as a direct lung-hit.  Using the same set-up example and liquid blends from above, a 3 second direct lung hit with the 50/50 PG/VG liquid is not going to produce as much vapor as a 3 second direct lung hit with a 20/80 PG/VG liquid, but if I take a 7 second direct lung hit on the 50/50 liquid, I can get a comparable cloud to a 3 second direct lung hit on a 20/80 liquid. 

The best advice I can give right now is to take a look at a higher wattage device before you start diving into the world of RBA's.  Possibly take a look at some sub-ohm tanks.  There is a huge selection of affordable, quality regulated devices and a seemingly even bigger selection of sub-ohm tanks on the market that will help you get bigger clouds with the right setup.  That would be the right setup for you...not the right setup according to recommendations online or recommendations. 

I know I was long-winded, but I hope the info helps point you in the right direction.

all the info you need is right here ^^^ personally I recommend starting with a sub ohm tank setup like said above^^^ you can seriously injure yourself or others if you don't understand building and electricity in general...get a sub ohm tank and vape on that while studying electricity...then when you're confident with your knowledge then move to building rdas or whatever you desire.

Ps welcome to VT!

Edited by rainbowtears
Grammar