Youde Igo W6 with updated center pin (how do I build this)

Vapin On Cloud 9

I see lots of tutorials on building the w6 with the old, pain in the add center pin with the various nuts, mine has one nut and a screw. It only have 2 holes, but how to I build a quad coil? If I connect 2 coils in each hole the coils melt from touching... Please help

This is another tip from another site:

"I had to share, since the IGO-w6 is pr

etty new. I've built this thing at least 5 times so far, but I was never very satisfied with it's performance. This time I attached all 4 coils to the lower hole in the center post. This keeps all of the coils at the same height from the deck, and lines them up with the air holes much better.

I immediately fell in love with this build, it is the best performing by far. The pic isn't the greatest, but you can kinda see how I did it."

I couldn't find the pic...

Edited by Bebop

I'll check it out and let you know. Thanks :)

This is another tip from another site:

"I had to share, since the IGO-w6 is pr

etty new. I've built this thing at least 5 times so far, but I was never very satisfied with it's performance. This time I attached all 4 coils to the lower hole in the center post. This keeps all of the coils at the same height from the deck, and lines them up with the air holes much better.

I immediately fell in love with this build, it is the best performing by far. The pic isn't the greatest, but you can kinda see how I did it."

I couldn't find the pic...

Thanks for the info. Any idea why my coils were melting?

Are you doing vertical builds or horizontal?

Vertical would be preferred. However, ANY set up would do so I can try out my new RDA :)

Can you describe the melting coils? I mean are they just fusing? Or is the whole coil evaporating? Or is the leg separating? Pics?

My first answer is bad wire? They should be able to take way more heat than would melt them unless there is a weak spot in the wire like its not pure or you're getting some kibd of a massive surge from a short out or something....

Can you describe the melting coils? I mean are they just fusing? Or is the whole coil evaporating? Or is the leg separating? Pics?

fusing I think. One spot would melt, preventing the connection. I just got it working, quad micro coil .3 ohm set up. She's a beast. Sorry no pics right now