New Here; Just Ordered The Joye 510 Automatic

WVfem

I'm glad to find this forum. I've smoked for 35 years, "quit" many times, LOL :blush:, and so I did some research today and dove into ordering this thing. I know nothing about how it works. Is this a "healthier" alternative to smoking? Just another form of "addiction?" Or...a valid means to eventually quitting smoking altogether? Regardless, it sounds better than the cigarettes, but I look forward to feedback.

I'm glad to find this forum. I've smoked for 35 years, "quit" many times, LOL :blush:, and so I did some research today and dove into ordering this thing. I know nothing about how it works. Is this a "healthier" alternative to smoking? Just another form of "addiction?" Or...a valid means to eventually quitting smoking altogether? Regardless, it sounds better than the cigarettes, but I look forward to feedback.

Welcome WVfem!

I'm kind of hesitant to make claims regarding how much safer than cigarettes vaping is, since honestly there needs to be some studies done on the long term effects. I can say there are many, many doctors that support it as an alternative to smoking, because common sense says that it HAS to be better for you. I know I feel better.

As far as just another form of addiction, vaping and smoking are intended for the same result, to deliver nicotine to your bloodstream. In that regards, it's the same addiction, with a better delivery system. Many people who vape quit smoking without even trying or realizing they are doing it.

Vaping is different than smoking, and you have to come into this realizing that. You draw on e-cig a little differently, and you will not be able to get the taste that you get from smoking (a few days off cigarettes, you'll wonder why you ever wanted that taste).

Anyway, I'm not sure if I answered your questions, but the main point is that yes, we believe vaping to be much healthier than smoking. We believe that based upon how much better we feel after replacing smoking with vaping. Just make sure to come into it with reasonable expectations and give it a couple of days to get the hang of it, before getting frustrated and giving up. It's very well worth it!

The basics of how an e-cig works can be found here Click Here Watch this video and you will know a little more on how it works ;)

Is it healthier? Check out our Health and safety section and our E-cig news section for some more facts. Here is a recent post from Vacker My link very interesting studies shown.

Another form of addiction? It is what you make it. I myself love nicotine, its relaxing and has no harmful properties when used properly. If your goal is to wean off the analogs and drop vaping shortly after, its a great quit smoking tool. If your goal is to quit smoking and still enjoy nicotine with healthier benifits, its a great tool as well.

Ive been off cigs for 80 some odd days, i have only relapsed a couple times when my batteries died when i was out for the night. Even then i couldnt stand the taste and smell of an analog and couldnt finish it.

You picked a great model to start with, i started with the 510 as well. Keep an open mind and be strong! You can make it work if you want it to :showoff:

Welcome to the forum WVfem. And welcome to the wonderful world of vaping.

I'm fairly new to vaping so don't know that I can give an "educated" answer, but I can tell you about my experience so far. I have used the DSE901, the DSE801, and the Joye510, and now I'm trying some mods. I would tell you that you made the perfect choice with the 510 to start. I just love mine. I don't use the first two any more. I've actually given those away.

I smoked for 34 years, tried several ways to quit, and in the end nothing worked. I believe that is partly because I didn't really want to quit. I had been at least trying to cut back some (because of the cost) before finding out about the ecig. I jumped right on this bandwagon as soon as I heard about it. I haven't had a cigarette in almost 2 months now. It took me all of about 2 seconds to quit. So, for me it was a great way to quit. Even if the ecigs are not sold as a "quit smoking device". I believe that most people who start vaping, quit smoking.

As far as it being healthier, I'd have to shout YES. I feel so much better now. I breathe better, I have more energy, I don't get winded, I can taste food better, my sinuses are clearer, my sense of smell is better. I'd have to say that all of that is healthier. And not inhaling all of those awful chemicals that go with cigarette smoking has GOT to be healthier.

Addiction? Hmmm. Well....Ummm.... Kind of? You are still addicted to the nicotine. But I've cut way back on that and have even been vaping 0 nicotine quite a bit. But the addiction part for me is more of the fun I'm having. : )

Oh yeah, you might get addicted to this forum, too.

Good luck with the vaping. Feel free to ask any and all questions. You'll find a whole bunch of very supportive and knowledgable people here to help you out.

Definitely use this forum as a "support group". You'll find that the genuine enthusiasm here is infectious.

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you ALL so much for your informative and kind replies! It may be a week or so before I receive my order, but in the meantime, it is very beneficial to hear your responses. I'm going to go to the thread where we introduce ourselves and post there as well. :rolleyes:

Thank you ALL so much for your informative and kind replies! It may be a week or so before I receive my order, but in the meantime, it is very beneficial to hear your responses. I'm going to go to the thread where we introduce ourselves and post there as well. :rolleyes:

Hi - here's one of my ramblings on my plans to use it as a quit device...doing real good so far.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/2557-a-closet-smoker-about-to-become-a-vaper/page__view__findpost__p__19539

Welcome

Hello and welcome! WV? You may be the 1st WV I've seen on here, cept myself. :) I think you'll love the 510. I'm pretty new to this myself. Had my 510 for a week and been smoke free for 3 days now. I've smoked 1 to 1 1/2 pack a day for 20 years. I tried to quit a few times, but as time went on I gave up trying to quit because I knew I couldn't. Every time I even thought about quitting the anxiety of it made me smoke even more. Anyhow, I love my 510 and for the 1st time in many many years I really don't think I'll ever smoke another cigarette. I give the fine folks here at VT credit for my success as they've all been great. I found everything I need to know here before I ordered my first ecig. Good luck and keep us posted! Don't let any question go unasked. :)

Edited by Brian