Smok Xpro M80 Plus anybody?

duke9023

I'm looking to order one of these on Wednesday and was wondering if anyone on here has one or is familiar with it? Any thoughts on what you think of it? Does it perform well? Is it worth the 50 bucks I will be paying for it? I know I've heard about the Temp Control not working but also do I really need temp control? Is there different settings on it to where I wouldn't have to use the temp control setting?

http://www.myvaporstore.com/SMOKTech-XPRO-M80-Plus-80W-Box-Mod-p/smok-m80psl.htm

This link says the chip is upgraded. I'm looking in to this too. I'm considering it because it's 4400mah and for the price I don't mind that you can't swap out the battery. I'm hunting up reviews and checking feedback about this unit.

You have to build or use coils made of Ni200 only or the Temp Control feature won't work. Otherwise it'll work fine with standard Kanthal coils. I'm only considering buying because it has temp control.

Edited by Bebop

I'm looking to order one of these on Wednesday and was wondering if anyone on here has one or is familiar with it? Any thoughts on what you think of it? Does it perform well? Is it worth the 50 bucks I will be paying for it? I know I've heard about the Temp Control not working but also do I really need temp control? Is there different settings on it to where I wouldn't have to use the temp control setting?

Hi I've had the m80 just over two weeks now and I love it. Great battery and 80watts for that price. Couldn't beat it.

If your buying one check with the seller that it is the newer version with v006 showing up when reset as this version fixed the temp control and some hardware changes.

Yes you don't have to use the temperature control from the main menu you can select wattage mode, mech mode and temp mode

I personally don't use temp mode and didn't buy it for that purpose.

If it's a temp control mod your after I wouldn't recommend this but if its a cheap box mod your after with great battery, supports down to .1 ohm and more than enough power then I'd reccomend this 100%

Why wouldn't you recommend this mod for temp control?

If you go on and watch YouTube videos etc it does burn dry cotton. I'm just going by the research I done by buying it.

.what smok seems yo have done is more of a program it fires it at your designed temperature then back down on the watts as you inhale. Rather than actually sensing the true temperature of the coil like a proper temp control device. In a way it does work as it can give you a cooler vape but you will still get Burt in dry cotton so have to watch.

The new v006 update only fixed the ramp up time that people where complaining about at the start.

With it taking 5-7 seconds to reach your temp and now its heats instantly.

Going by the reviews if your purely buying this to use for temp control its not really worth it but if your just looking a 80w device and okay about with the temp control then buy it.

I personally don't really use it for that just now and again I'll give it a go. Hope this helped a bit

• 2 months later...

I have one.the wattage mode is great but I do agree the temp control is not that great,the ramp up time takes too long.There are other mods that are way better than the M80 if temp control is what you are looking for,but if it's a straight wattage mod you want it's great