KPT3 mini airflow

Adversarious1

Just curious if anybody has drilled out the airflow holes on a KPT3 mini to open up the airflow. I love the tank and I'm probaly going to pick up a couple more, but after using and getting used to the airflow on my Subtank mini, the Pro Tank mini feels like I'm trying to suck a frozen milkshake through a coffee stirrer.

Thanks HOOKER. I didn't know they made them for the PT3 mini either. Don't need the same flow as my Subtank mini, as it's more my "nic fix" tank, where the Subtank is becoming my "relaxation" tank.

hmmmmm lemme see if I can find the pic of my mini with her new skirt...

it must be on my phone that died..

sorry no pic but it does fit...

Edited by HOOKER

Yep, the Aerotank mini bases fit the KPT3-mini like a glove, and turn the KPT3-mini into an Aerotank mini.  You can do the same thing with the KPT2 and KPT3 full-size, using the standard Aerotank bases.

As for drilling, you "can" drill them, but I would start with drilling only ONE, first, and only make it a TINY bit bigger.  You can always increase the hole again later, or add another tiny bit larger hole to one of the other two remaining holes, but you can't "undo" the drilling if you go too big.

I drilled out my KPT2-mini's by making only one hole about 0.005" larger, then another hole the same... it GREATLY improved them, but I would recommend the Aerotank bases, because some juices will prefer more restricted air-flow, and you can't change it once you drill one out... well, you can always use tape to cover a hole, but that's not the best method :)