Battery Runs Out Quick

NeWPoRT

alright...i got my 510 2 days ago, and the batteries run out QUICK. i was impatient and started vaping as soon as i got it, used it for about 2 hours, then realized there was a piece of paper saying to charge it 8 hours before use. do you guys think that might be the reason it only lasts about a hour and half? do you guys think its broken? ohh and i need some recommendations on the juice..im all out and i have to order more. (i like menthol)

I've owned my 510 for a couple weeks. I did charge the batteries according to the instructions, but still had a few issues with them acting weird during the 1st week or so. Now they're working perfectly, and my atty's are broken in a bit, so the unit is vaping great! My advise is, give it some time. Don't feel like you have to take the batteries off the charger as soon as the light goes green; but, do make sure to charge for at least one hour when you do plug one in, no matter what the led says. That's what I've been doing, and everything's working out fine. Don't panic. There's a learning curve here, and no better teacher than experience. Good Luck.

I've owned my 510 for a couple weeks. I did charge the batteries according to the instructions, but still had a few issues with them acting weird during the 1st week or so. Now they're working perfectly, and my atty's are broken in a bit, so the unit is vaping great! My advise is, give it some time. Don't feel like you have to take the batteries off the charger as soon as the light goes green; but, do make sure to charge for at least one hour when you do plug one in, no matter what the led says. That's what I've been doing, and everything's working out fine. Don't panic. There's a learning curve here, and no better teacher than experience. Good Luck.

what if i leave the battery charged for a lonnnnng time, will that do any harm? because sometimes i leave it overnight.

what if i leave the battery charged for a lonnnnng time, will that do any harm? because sometimes i leave it overnight.

Not sure what charger you have but the ones I've seen are smart chargers, even the PCC. If the batt is full, it stops sending a charge to it and the light's change. Sometimes these batts have to be discharged, charged, etc. for them to last a long time...

The bottom line is if you vape a lot the standard unit batteries just don't last very long. That is why most of us move on to a mod at some point. When I was using a 901 I had 3 batteries that I took with me to work and by the end of the day they were all dead. They would last about 2 hours good and fading for maybe one more..... I really suggest looking into a mod. Believe me you won't regret it !

Oh, I almost forgot.... I don't think you want to leave your batts charging for too long.... Besides it won't help !

Edited by vapemudgeon

Not sure what charger you have but the ones I've seen are smart chargers, even the PCC. If the batt is full, it stops sending a charge to it and the light's change. Sometimes these batts have to be discharged, charged, etc. for them to last a long time...

my battery just died and i left on charged for an hour. i took it out the charger at 1130 and used it about 2 good times. it dies too QUICKK

my battery just died and i left on charged for an hour. i took it out the charger at 1130 and used it about 2 good times. it dies too QUICKK

Was the light green on the charger Newport?

Was the light green on the charger Newport?

yes it was. im planning on getting a titan battery..or the spade battery, they both work with the 510 atomizers right?...dammit i should of done better research before i bought the regular 510's

yes it was. im planning on getting a titan battery..or the spade battery, they both work with the 510 atomizers right?...dammit i should of done better research before i bought the regular 510's

If you really like the 510 atty then, yeah a Spade would give you a lot longer battery life.

The battery for the Spade won't work on your 510. You might wanna get a "mega" battery for the 510 or just step up and get the Spade. I have a 510 also but my batts are lasting 2 hrs. You might have a bad batt. Anyone else have an idea?

The battery for the Spade won't work on your 510. You might wanna get a "mega" battery for the 510 or just step up and get the Spade. I have a 510 also but my batts are lasting 2 hrs. You might have a bad batt. Anyone else have an idea?

ehhh forget the spade... its too complicated, because i dont want the starter kit for it and i cant find the battery. ill just buy 1 mega batt for the 510 and some juice on my next purchase. im all out of cartridges!! guess i gotta switch back to analogs till i get my refill.

ehhh forget the spade... its too complicated, because i dont want the starter kit for it and i cant find the battery. ill just buy 1 mega batt for the 510 and some juice on my next purchase. im all out of cartridges!! guess i gotta switch back to analogs till i get my refill.

The Spade isn't complicated at all. Just stick the batt in (2 come with it) and go. :) You might wanna get two mega-batts just to be safe. That sux you gott switch back, but I totally understand.

ohh and what mg should my nicotine leve be on? i smoke newports and finish a pack in 2 days... any suggestions? im thinkin 18

At a 1'2 a pack a day, 18 should be good. Its hard to say though cuz everyone is different. I was at 1 1/2 packs a day and started at 24. I'm trying to go down to 16 now.

The Spade isn't complicated at all. Just stick the batt in (2 come with it) and go. :) You might wanna get two mega-batts just to be safe. That sux you gott switch back, but I totally understand.

im trying to spend the money i have wisely,so i want to buy 1.if its as good as i think it is 1 should be enough, but the spade wouldnt be a problem if i had a damn job lol.. is there a big difference between the spade and the mega battery?

Haha, hey dude. Yeah, I remember you saying you had a budget of 100 to spend on a kit and couldn't get a VP1 or VP2. The main reason many people move into a larger battery mod is due to battery life.

Here's a cut & paste from the vapor talk store comparing the Spade to a 510 battery and a Mega battery. :)

A normal 510 battery runs at 180mah

A Mega battery runs at 280 mah

The Spade runs at 360 mah. Thats 100 more milliamp per hour than the mega battery! I suppose you could say this model is a has a mega mega battery.

This is from Vaprlife's hints & tricks which you can find here: http://www.vaprlife.com/hintsandtricks.html.

It's for the VP1 and VP2, I believe the Spade is a VP1 with a 510 adapter head and aluminum casing with a few perks? Not sure...

VP1 with button on will last ( 60 min x .26) = 15.6 minutes or 936 seconds

VP2 with button on will last ( 60 min x .64) = 38.4 minutes or 2304 seconds

Of course you only press the button when you want a hit, right. If a hit is equal to 5 seconds to keep it simple.

VP1 (360mah) will give (936 sec/ 5 sec hits) = 187 hits, before changing battery

VP2 (900mah) will give (2304 sec/ 5 sec hits) = 460 hits, before changing battery

A standard pen style e cig with 180 mah gives 180/1400 = 0.128 x 60 min = 7.68 min or 460 sec or 92 hits.

Now this is equates to if you hold the button down consistently. When you vape you only hold it down for a max of 5-8 seconds so if you think about it. That's a hell of a long time before you switch batteries.

Edited by StevenP

Haha, hey dude. Yeah, I remember you saying you had a budget of 100 to spend on a kit and couldn't get a VP1 or VP2. The main reason many people move into a larger battery mod is due to battery life.

Here's a cut & paste from the vapor talk store comparing the Spade to a 510 battery and a Mega battery. :)

A normal 510 battery runs at 180mah

A Mega battery runs at 280 mah

The Spade runs at 360 mah. Thats 100 more milliamp per hour than the mega battery! I suppose you could say this model is a has a mega mega battery.

This is from Vaprlife's hints & tricks which you can find here: http://www.vaprlife.com/hintsandtricks.html.

It's for the VP1 and VP2, I believe the Spade is a VP1 with a 510 adapter head and aluminum casing with a few perks? Not sure...

VP1 with button on will last ( 60 min x .26) = 15.6 minutes or 936 seconds

VP2 with button on will last ( 60 min x .64) = 38.4 minutes or 2304 seconds

Of course you only press the button when you want a hit, right. If a hit is equal to 5 seconds to keep it simple.

VP1 (360mah) will give (936 sec/ 5 sec hits) = 187 hits, before changing battery

VP2 (900mah) will give (2304 sec/ 5 sec hits) = 460 hits, before changing battery

A standard pen style e cig with 180 mah gives 180/1400 = 0.128 x 60 min = 7.68 min or 460 sec or 92 hits.

Now this is equates to if you hold the button down consistently. When you vape you only hold it down for a max of 5-8 seconds so if you think about it. That's a hell of a long time before you switch batteries.

thanks man...but juust to make things clear; i tried searching but i might as well just ask...will the spade work with the 510 atomizer, and if it does where can i find the spade battery sold seperatly? i cant find a thing!!

Edited by NeWPoRT

thanks man...but juust to make things clear; i tried searching but i might as well just ask...will the spade work with the 510 atomizer, and if it does where can i find the spade battery sold seperatly? i cant find a thing!!

The Spade will come with two rechargeable batteries that are common batteries that can be bought at Radio Shack or any battery outlet on the internet. They are not specialized batteries like most other e-Cig batteries.

To try to be a little more clear. The Spade is basically a battery holder with a switch and connection for your atomizer. The battery its self is simply a rechargeable battery that inserts into the spade. You have to have both since you obviously can't hook your atomizer up to a AAA type battery. You will get more battery life out of a mega of course, but if you have a PCC the mega will not work in it.

I think the simple answer is: Yes - the spade works with the 510 atty and even comes with a 510 atty.

Exactly. So, Newport, if you can afford a spade, you'll have a couple spare atty's right away, so the 510 purchace wont be a total waste. Just keep trying the 510. Like I said, mine acted a little weird for at least the 1st week. Now it's working perfectly. Don't forget everything you read about what a good choice the 510 is for nubes. BTW, where did you buy the 510? If it truly is a bad unit, hopefully you got it from someone who warranties their starter kits. Or, you could sell it in the VT classified section. I'd make an offer on it.

If you were smoking just a half a pack of analogs a day, 18 mg should be a fine place for you to start. I was between 1 and two packs a day, and I switch between 18 and 26 depending on my mood.

The Spade is native 510 threading, so the answer is yes.

If you cannot afford a "Spade " right now try a $20.00 510 passthrough it has the same battery ,Only diff. is it is not as pretty and you have a wad of wire in your hand or dangling while you wander around.