Need Advise Quick!

Hi,

Tomorrow morning 8:30am, I'll be taking Amtrak to New Orleans. Its been a long time since I've taken the train, so I have some questions, mainly about e-cig smoking, if anyone knows.

I've booked a bedroom on the train, and what I want to know is if there are smoke detectors in those cabins? I sort of think they might be, and if they are, can anyone tell me their experiences Vaping around smoke detectors, either in a plane bathroom or on a train near one. I've heard VERY MIXED REPORTS about vaping around smoke detectors. One guy (I think smoking-man) said a long time ago he works or used to work on these machines and said they measure air density and therefore they would go off because vapor also changes air density, BUT I've also read reports from others claiming to have Vaped inside the airplane restroom successfully. So, does anyone know FOR SURE on this subject. I really don't want to be setting off the damn thing! Another point is that this bedroom on the train is the larger one, the ones that have a shower and bathroom in them and sleep 3 people, although I'll be alone. But considering they are much larger than a plane lavatory, that should help a little. AND if anyone knows whether those windows on trains will open, can you Please tell me? If those open then I don't think it will be a problem at all. I don't really think I'll have a problem tomorrow, but I might run into some jerk acting like a jerk, so I would like to be prepared. Please let me know, I'll be checking here later tonite and in the morning before I leave for the station.

I don't plan on blowing it right in the thing, but I'm glad to know that it will set the things off at least. I guess that would make it real risky to do in those small airplane lavatories? Those bedrooms on the train I hope are big enough where if I do blow it down, it won't do anything, and if I can crack the window, that would make it totally fine.

I experimented with my home smoke detector and if you get enough vapor around the detector it will set it off.

Just be careful. Also if you do set it off, by the time they get to you, all the evidence will be gone and they can not prove anything. Just a malfunctioning detector. He He He

Cya,