Battery and charger safety?

tjmaxwell

Hello! I ordered a k101 as my first mod the other day and it's on its way now. I also ordered an Efest purple 18650 2500mah 35amp battery as well to sub ohm:p my question is, can I recharge the Efest battery on the Kamry charger that comes with the k101 without problems? The kit also includes a battery fuse. I would buy a nitecore charger but any have any money left.

Also, I ordered pre built .5 ohm coils. Can I use them without a ohm meter? I don't have money for that right now either.

Thanks!

I cant answer most of your questions, but here is the charger I bought from amazon. have seen it reccomended a few different times.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SV15NLQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

as tp using the coils with out checking their ohm rating... I wouldnt. I would always check that. you run the risk of the factory shipping you a dud and then you put it in your mod thinking its going to be .5 ohm only to find that is is actually .02.... That could be a nice wake up for ya. I would find a shop and ask if they would check the ohm of your build before you fire it up first.

If the charger that came with the Kamry is a Kamry brand, then it is likely safer than one of the no-name, accident-waiting-to-happen Chinese junk chargers :) It will do in a pinch until you get the Nitecore charger, but be aware that you should not leave it charging unattended!! Just to be on the safe side, in case something happens, I'd rather you be there to catch a problem before it starts a fire or shorts-out your electrical system. It may never happen, but I don't charge mine while I sleep or am out of the room they're in... even USING a Nitecore charger...

I also agree... you must get an Ohm meter if you plan to use an RDA or any rebuildable device. It will ensure you have the resistance you want, and verify you don't have any shorts before you attempt to fire it. Even a cheap $5 multi-meter is better than nothing!

• 3 months later...