So, Yeah...3 Feet Of Snow About To Be On Me

And now you're stomping in my sandbox. A college education is what you make of it. I've seen hundreds "walk" on graduation day in May every year for the past 19 years. Many of them go to high paying jobs they wouldn't have otherwise qualified for if they hadn't gone to college. Without college to train the medical professionals, where would you be healthwise? It may not be perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than the alternative. Sure, some go to college and get nothing out of it. You get what you put in. If you work at it and learn from it, you're probably going to get something worthwhile out of it when you get the degree.

*gets off soapbox*

BTW, Tam....no offense was intended...for those with more intellect than "working with their hands" type occupation, college is a must.

What I meant was that college is not the only path to success. There are many trades that do not require a college education, and were it up to me I would teach my sons to avoid endless cycle of debt for which their occupations would leave unable to repay.

Many people that aren't bound for the kind of success you have obviously achieved college is more of a pitfall than a jumping off point....

I hope I cleared that up...I tend to be to blunt sometimes...especially on web-forums were voice inflection and body language play no part.

Edited by T-Bone

BTW, Tam....no offense was intended...for those with more intellect than "working with their hands" type occupation, college is a must.

What I meant was that college is not the only path to success. There are many trades that do not require a college education, and were it up to me I would teach my sons to avoid endless cycle of debt for which their occupations would leave unable to repay.

Many people that aren't bound for the kind of success you have obviously achieved college is more of a pitfall than a jumping off point....

I hope I cleared that up...I tend to be to blunt sometimes...especially on web-forums were voice inflection and body language play no part.

No offense taken, but I still disagree with you. smile.png

Our automotive and collision department gets over filled with people wanting to learn. They not only learn about the automotive end, there's also physics, chemistry, alchemy... Our welding department has a waiting list like you wouldn't believe. The students get extremely good paying jobs even before they graduate (but their employment is contingent on them finishing their degree). Some of the companies snapping them up include Trane, Vestas, BF Goodrich, Atlas Pacific... to name a few.

Anymore, it's getting harder and harder to find a good paying job without some kind of degree. My minor in college was Auto Parts and Service Management. When I graduated we had a 98% placement record with alumni employed at GM, Ford, Chrysler, BMW, Jaguar, Porche, Volkswagon, Cummins Diesel, Toyota, Honda, Nissan...

No, college isn't for everyone but it's also not the money pit you seem to think it is. smile.png

Edited by Tam

T-bone, I almost think the grocery stores pay the media to hype up storms in order to sell all their stocked goods so make big $ and renew their goods.

When I was in New Jersey with my girlfriend at the time, I saw that most of the time there was as you said , " more hype than heap "