Ml's & Mg's

Ray

A newbie here.

I'm wondering about the measurement of the nicotine. For example, I bought 3 10ml bottles of juice at the 24mg strength.

Does this mean there are 24mg's in the bottle or is it per ml,per drop or per draw.

I've seen places that offer 50ml bottles at 24mg. Is that 24mg's in the 50ml bottle?

The strength is per ML. So in this case it would be 24mg per milliliter. If you had a 10ml bottle it would be a total of 240mg.

Also curious about the claims that 1 cartridge equals about 1 pack of cigs.

This is a complete lie. One cartridge will only last about 3-4 cigarettes max. Your best bet is to purchase bottles liquid and refill the cart or direct drip. Info on direct dripping can be found in the FAQ section of the forum :)

How many puffs would equal a normal cigarette?

One cigarette will normally give you about 7-10 puffs depending on how you smoke.

Is 1 draw of an ecig equal to 1 draw of a cigarette?

If the model you purchased is good, then yes it usually is. Although you have to keep in mind that vaping is a little different than smoking. You'll see what I mean when you get your ecig in the mail. When vaping you take long slow draws where as on an analog you take short hard draws. Either way you'll adjust in no time.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :D

First, welcome to the VT forum! I'm sure someone will be along to correct me soon, but I believe the juice is in mg per ml, so a 24mg bottle is 24mg per each ml. A cigarette has about 10 mg, but only 1-2 mg is actually inhaled.

I would say one cartridge is probably the same as 5-10 cigarettes at best (but easily refilled), but it's really going to vary from person to person. Same thing for a cigarette... one person may get 10 drags, another may get 15. I've found in vaping you rally can't equate "puffs" to smoking a regular cigarette. I'm a newbie, been vaping 3 days now and love it. I'm only vaping in the evenings to start while I get use to it, but plan to drop the regular cigarettes this weekend. It's looking like it'll be pretty easy right now.

Spend some time reading the forum, and I'm sure you'll be getting a lot of other reply's soon. This is a great place to learn and everyone is very supportive and helpful.

Edited by Brian

Welcome to the forum. The guy I bought my first ecig from said the cart's were equal to a pack of smokes, too. I found out the first day that it couldn't be true. I found out 3 days later when I went back to get more carts and ask some questions that I already knew more from reading on the internet than he did as someone who was selling them.

Just keep asking questions and you'll get all the answers you need and want for an easy transition into the wonderful world of vaping.

Welcome to the VaporTalk Forum Ray, Chris' advice is about the best you can get, he really knows his stuff, even if he did edit instead of replying, (we're working on his reading skills). VaporTalk is a great place to learn about eCigs and make some new friends. We hope you enjoy our community here. If you have any more questions feel free to ask, there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Again, welcome to VaporTalk.

Thanks everyone for the response.

I feel I sort of wasted 130 bucks on my 1st ecig, but then again, learning something worth while does usually have a price. I have been holding back getting one because I wanted to actually see one and try it first.

The guy at the mall didn't seem to be very knowledgeable.

He tried to tell me that a 50ml, bottle equals 600 packs of ( I LOVE THIS TERM!!!!!!!) "analog cigarettes".

That's 60 cartons for $20.00.

Found it to hard to beleive.

I won't bash the brand, but there seems to be a lot of dealers overpricing their stuff.

Thanks again

Just ordered the Spade and should have it by Monday{ 53rd birthday} Can't wait.

Dulcis is the first juice I ordered and am using it with my 1st unit. BAD IDEA!!

Dulcis tastes sooo good, now all others will be measured by that.

I thought Vaping was fairly uncommon, but it seems there's a whole culture out there.

Reminds me of the 70's and the other smoking alternative.

hey hey welcome, im a noobie too. those questions answered above helped me out without having to ask them too wooo lol

im a little excited tonight because i get to order mine very soon im so sick of regular cigarettes with this FSC on the paper its tearing my throat apart so this is going to be refreshing. im getting the joye510 or the janty dura c with some extra liquid.

question though if ive been smoking reds for my entire smoking life will i need ecigs with 16mg or should i just smoke those and refill with 24 or higher?

hey hey welcome, im a noobie too. those questions answered above helped me out without having to ask them too wooo lol

im a little excited tonight because i get to order mine very soon im so sick of regular cigarettes with this FSC on the paper its tearing my throat apart so this is going to be refreshing. im getting the joye510 or the janty dura c with some extra liquid.

question though if ive been smoking reds for my entire smoking life will i need ecigs with 16mg or should i just smoke those and refill with 24 or higher?

Hey Ffreys

I've been smoking for 30 plus years and I got the 16mg with kit.

It didn't feel the same as a cig,but did keep the withdrawls to a minimum.

I just got some 24mg from VT and man what a difference.

I don't think I'll need to buy a backup pack of "Analogs".

Hey Ffreys

I've been smoking for 30 plus years and I got the 16mg with kit.

It didn't feel the same as a cig,but did keep the withdrawls to a minimum.

I just got some 24mg from VT and man what a difference.

I don't think I'll need to buy a backup pack of "Analogs".

Now, if they can just come up an e-M&M I could quit those also.

I have to agree with Ray on this one, you need to vape 24 mg for a few weeks and then move down to 16 to avoid any withdrawal symptoms. I was a heavy smoker, 2-1/2 packs a day, I started with the 36mg for 2 weeks, then stepped down to the 24mg for 2 weeks, then to the 18-16 for 2 weeks. I am now mixing 18 and 9mg to obtain a 13.5 mix that I vape in the evenings after 5pm and I vape the 16mg during the day, I'll do this until Christopher gets 0mg in stock and I can go down even further.

Note: I think the even though I was a heavy smoker the 36mg was too high, even for me. I went thru a period where I couldn't sleep and I contribute it to a high level of nicotine.

Just ordered the Spade and should have it by Monday{ 53rd birthday} Can't wait.

Dulcis is the first juice I ordered and am using it with my 1st unit. BAD IDEA!!

Dulcis tastes sooo good, now all others will be measured by that.

I thought Vaping was fairly uncommon, but it seems there's a whole culture out there.

Reminds me of the 70's and the other smoking alternative.

Let me add my little Welcome too Ray! You found a wonderful community.

I admit to having gotten a charge out of the language around vaping too :D but it's quickly becoming my regular mode of speech. You'll find that a lot of the terms used in vaping are interchangeable with the 70s too. Dig it.

I was a 1.5 - 2.0 pack-a-day Pall Mall non filter smoker for almost 40 years when I took up vaping about a month ago. I've been smoke-free over a week now and not looking back. What a fantastic change it's made for me. I'm blown away. Starting to feel better already, and no nicotine withdrawal (once I found 48mg juice, which works for me but seems not to be recommended).

Good luck, ask questions, try different techniques and combinations of devices, and share your experiences with us. Vape on!

Welcome Ray, I am new to Vaportalk and e-cigs also. This is a great place. I started reading the posts here and watching these 2 nuts on their youtube reviews. Very knowledgeable and nice people here. I was a 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day smoker and I started with 18mg of VG liquid and I have had no problems with any withdrawl, actually feeling really good. My thought was to go about mid range on the nicotine so I could eventually get to 0mg liquid. Just my thoughts, hope it helps. BTW, I learned also from your questions, thanks for asking and thanks Chris for answering.

I thought I welcomed Ray but I guess I skipped over him (sorry Ray) so now I'll say Welcome Ray! This forum is a great place with plenty of people that can answer any of your questions about vaping. I would recommend not buying too much juice until you are sure of your nicotine level. I had to start at 36mg and hadn't planned on changing it, but honestly now I'm hoping to get down to 24 just because it opens up so many more options for juice.

Has anyone tried chocolate?

Kelly

I've got some Choc from and I'm not impressed. Doesn't taste like chocolate to me. However, I've heard that higher voltage can bring out better flavor in some juice. I've got some cappuccino from VT Store and it doesn't taste much like cappuccino to me. JeffB said the said thing, but when he tried it in his PT it's much better. I'm looking forward to trying it with my PT when it comes.