burning a coil in a day?

drizzt

I recently bought an kanger emow mega (first vape)and love it so much so that I decided to get another tank to have a couple juices in tanks that I can just switch. While looking for another tank I found a very good deal on an evod mega kit ($20) so I just bought that. I figured now I would have another tank and another battery. I got the evod mega in the mail, filled it and fired it up. Tasted great for about a tank which was about overnight. Then I took a hit that was great. on the second hit it tasted terrible. sort of like burning plastic I guess.

I tried soaking the coil in hot water for a bit than some alcohol finally back to water dried the coil and it may have tasted a little better but still off.

The real question is could I have burned a coil this fast? could it be a faulty battery or a faulty coil? I took out the coil it was a 1.5 ohm in a fixed 3.7 volt battery. I did switch to a 1.8 ohm coil and cleaned the tank just in case of flavor contamination. What could have caused the flavor to taste so off?

The coils that come with tanks are notorious for being "poor". The general consensus is that the coil picks up manufacturing oils from the tank, over time.

I've rarely had an "included" coil work more than a few tank-fulls, so now I don't even bother with them (initially). Anytime I buy a new tank (now), I clean the tank to remove any oils, air-dry it, and put in a FRESH coil. I take the "included coils" and soak them in vodka for a couple of days, then let them air-dry. They work better that way, but still don't last nearly as long as a sealed, factory coil from a 5-pack.

i think it may be partly or solely the juice i am using in that tank. With the new coil it tastes good if I take very small quick pulls but if I take a nice long pull say 2-3 seconds I get that same off flavor.

I didn't taste that weird flavor the first day or so but after letting it steep for a day or two it seems different and not in a positive way. it does seem a little better with a 1.8 ohm coil and if I take my variable voltage battery and turn it down to 3.2 volts. i did not throw out the original coil just in case it is not a problem. I may just let the juice in question sit for a few weeks and vape something else.

what's your thoughts on this.

The juice may be the bulk of the issue... it is possible.

All juices "age", and usually get better after a few days/weeks, but not all juices are the same.

Short bursts on your device means the coil is probably not reaching full power/heat. So, that is telling me, if the juice tastes better with less power, then the juice is incapable of vaping at a lower resistance and/or higher current/power. Have you tried a different juice?

The juice may be the bulk of the issue... it is possible.

All juices "age", and usually get better after a few days/weeks, but not all juices are the same.

. Have you tried a different juice?

I haven't tried a differnt juice in that tank but I have tried multiple coils and multiple batteries. I only have two juices at the moment but I suppose I could try the other juice in the tank. could the tank itself have any bearing on it all? I figured the coil and battery would pretty much impart the flavors is this wrong?

Did you clean the tank thoroughly before filling it with juice the first time? Sometimes remnants of machining oils and such are left on parts of the tank and that will throw off the taste of your juice. Before filling with any juice, I always clean the heck out of my tanks and then throw in a new coil (not one that came with the tank), and usually it's good to go from there.

I think I have it squared away. I think the first coil was faulty. I then put a second in and it still tasted bad but I didn't change the juice. it smelled fine. After that I dumped the juice and rinsed the tank very well and put a third coil in and all is well. I do find though that the particular juice in question tastes much better if I let it sit in a tank overnight. The juice gets darker and more flavorful.