New Vapers Questions

KyleVapes

Hello VT,

I'm Kyle and I am from Rochester, NY I recently just quit cigarettes and have switched to vaping. I purchased the Eleaf iStick with the mini Nautilus. My coils are 1.8 Ohms and I'm using drops with 16 Mg of nicotine. I'm all new to this so I'd like to know the basics about everything. like differences between mods and normal batteries. mechanical and digital mods, what wattage/volt setting is best to use for certain situations. how to get the most smoke. taking care of the vape, replacing parts, air intake. basically everything you can throw at me I'd like to know. I'm doing my best to stay away from cigarettes so I feel like if I get into vaping more then ill be able to continue my no smoking streak!

You've started out with a great setup.Batteries are not a thing you should cheap out on,only get the best.Browse around the forum and you should get an answer for everything you asked about.Mech mods,VV mods etc.The amount of vapor depends on how much VG(Vegetable Glycerin) is in your juice and the PG(Propylene Glycol) is where your flavoring comes from. Most places carry a 50/50 blend,but there are a lot of places like some vendors on the forum who can customize the juice to your specific preference. I hope this helps you get moving in the right direction.Welcome to Vapor Talksmile_zps1f80dsek.png

Many new members spend hours reading past threads on this forum. That's what I did prior to making my first post so I could learn as much as possible. There's a lot of really good information here that's already been asked and answered. Ask lots of specific questions and you'll get lots of answers -- sometimes more than you thought you wanted.

Welcome to Vapor Talk. :)

I purchased everything from upstate vape in Rochester. Its a local vendor who recently came around but it has become one of the better vape bars and vendors in my town. I smoked menthol cigarettes so the first flavor I tried was menthol icy extreme and now I switched to non-menthol mountain dew Baja blast :) . I've heard the same about not going cheap on batteries. but the guy at the store sold the Eleaf to me for 45 and the tank for 35. he also explained how it was one of the best around for its price. is there a better one I should look at ??

You've started out with a great setup.Batteries are not a thing you should cheap out on,only get the best.Browse around the forum and you should get an answer for everything you asked about.Mech mods,VV mods etc.The amount of vapor depends on how much VG(Vegetable Glycerin) is in your juice and the PG(Propylene Glycol) is where your flavoring comes from. Most places carry a 50/50 blend,but there are a lot of places like some vendors on the forum who can customize the juice to your specific preference. I hope this helps you get moving in the right direction.Welcome to Vapor Talksmile_zps1f80dsek.png

Honestly,I would stick to what you got right now.I have a Nautilus too and I love it.I would give the eleaf and Nautilus a chance before going out and buying some high dollar mods and tanks.I would spend your money on different eliquids to find what you like.just a suggestion!

I purchased everything from upstate vape in Rochester. Its a local vendor who recently came around but it has become one of the better vape bars and vendors in my town. I smoked menthol cigarettes so the first flavor I tried was menthol icy extreme and now I switched to non-menthol mountain dew Baja blast :) . I've heard the same about not going cheap on batteries. but the guy at the store sold the Eleaf to me for 45 and the tank for 35. he also explained how it was one of the best around for its price. is there a better one I should look at ??

You got a very good set up. The Vapor Talk store has the Eleaf iStick 20w for $31.99 and the Nautilus mini for $24, but you'll nearly always pay more at a brick and mortar store than online. Regardless, it's a solid start. :)

There's always something "better" out there but what you have is a great place to start. Read lots and learn more. You'll find something else that catches your eye as you go along. Vaping is very subjective. What someone else loves won't work for you and vice versa. Only you will be know what works for you and that's only when you try it for yourself. :D

You got a very good set up. The Vapor Talk store has the Eleaf iStick 20w for $31.99 and the Nautilus mini for $24, but you'll nearly always pay more at a brick and mortar store than online. Regardless, it's a solid start. :)

There's always something "better" out there but what you have is a great place to start. Read lots and learn more. You'll find something else that catches your eye as you go along. Vaping is very subjective. What someone else loves won't work for you and vice versa. Only you will be know what works for you and that's only when you try it for yourself. :D

thanks a lot! can u tell me how to put the smoke free banner on my signature?? ive tried to do it but I keep failing. I don't know exact areas and what not to put the coding in

• 1 month later...